Sign in to follow this  
Stanlee

Please resize water skins

Today's topic: the humble water skin

c7257cd0d195c1936a5174e15401644c.png

Often mocked for its small water capacity to weight ratio (clocking in at .25kg to hold 2.5kg water), I'm here to tell you that actually, that water skin there? That you see, poised between my altars and a small chest?

It's massive

Think otherwise? Try your hand at this handy-dandy quiz I made in a couple of minutes!

https://take.quiz-maker.com/QJA24Z3EN

The fact is they're just way too big!

My suggestions involve either:

1. Making them flexible like pelts have been made, so they fit in other containers - even when they have water inside! What a unique utility that'd be

2. At least halving their y and z size, and quadrupling their x size or any other size changes that retain their perfect 2.5kg capacity. This would bring them at least slightly more in line with their model

(please make this apply to all existing ones, I now have a blessed water skin to think about, yes that's why I've made this post - the thing won't fit in my backpack!).

• Like 5

eShbnHG.png

Good LORD that quiz was nuts. It's a shock this hasn't been brought to light this way sooner. Big request to adjust and modify the values selected so we can have this make a LOT more sense.

I also got 6/11... some of those make no sense at all...

im bad

EwUaDwN.jpg

+1, waterskin size is really weird. Easy QoL change that would make waterskins make much more sense.

C2As7q6.png

Did I win?? 

But I agree. The water skin can use a change. Especially with the new blessed water skin.

To me water skin dont even make sense with 2.5kg of water.. I mean its only 2.5kg of water, yet in the same skin you can stuff enough thatch to be able to put a roof on top of your nice 2x3 mansion. Wogic at its finest!

• Like 1

just because of the weight... using 0.10kg measuring jug set at 5kg for water with me.. and another one for coffee for.. no addiction reasons..................

e430b7b4add116bb6bc8c280518c4098.png

While on the QoL thought... can we.... somehow get the ALT + pointing that shows more information.. to show more info with some kind of combination, key or get new feature... something like Alt+ScrollClick(or anything...) and show a new window.. something like current UI window called "Character Window"(reached from pressing O > Tools > More...> HUD SETTINGS window -> Character Window

Something like darker background with color picker or not..... and option to select pretty much any game object and see it's properties... pretty much what WU modders had like model previewer.. but also showing item/component's volume/size/weight/etc.. whatever database information is shown and harmless to throw at the user...

We're in desperate need of something allowing us to figure how big items are in size and volume or see ingame feedback in any way.. what we can fit in containers and vehicles, currently planning involves long time annoying ca-helpers and asking them random things like do 60 crates fit in sail boat.. do 80 fit in row boat.. do 10 fit in caravel.. and so on.. alternative is digging deep into the wiki to check the containers and boats pages, yet that's not ideal.

Same functionality could be amazing to have early on with the Trader and short description for item uses... or the loyalty shop without the need to select something click next and only then be able to see it(it's little confusing to have shop with selection menu and clicking next.. what does next do.. is it direct purchase, is it further selection of options for the current purchase..)

Edited by Finnn

yes we need resize a few things , creatures as well , if it dont look right change the size 

I got 6/11 as well.

As long as the water skin fits inside my (runed) backpack, I'm fine with it.

yes please, resize the waterskin along with a few other things that make no sense, like a spyglass that can fit in a backpack but not a satchel, or pelts that can't fit in either, they're pelts ffs, they fold up nice and small, in fact irl one would wrap the spyglass in the pelt to keep it from getting bumped around as you scour the lands and climb those mountains looking for your next clue or whatever.

I got 9/11 and I don't even put the waterskin in anything apart from my inventory 🤣

Though yeah, fix them to fit correctly in containers. A nice quality of life update.

2 hours ago, DaletheGood said:

yes please, resize the waterskin along with a few other things that make no sense, like a spyglass that can fit in a backpack but not a satchel, or pelts that can't fit in either, they're pelts ffs, they fold up nice and small, in fact irl one would wrap the spyglass in the pelt to keep it from getting bumped around as you scour the lands and climb those mountains looking for your next clue or whatever.

satchels are way smaller than backpacks... perfectly normal

knapsacks were part of this quiz I think.. and if I recall right they were not fitting in such... afaik so far... knapsack was absolutely equal to backpack with the exception to be -1kg less weight... well apparently not, lol