Sign in to follow this  
Dellaca

P17-19 highway tunnel?? Finished

Now I throw an idea that comes to my mind every time I have to use a steep and semi -ready road to cross the P17/18 mountain. After adding treasure maps, I have had to go back and forth several times over this mountain, even for one map. So, when on both sides of the mountain, the highway is relatively close to the mountain by mining through the tunnel we could connect more highways to each other.

The image I attach to this is indicative and not the final location of the tunnel. The blue line depicts the existing 2 squares wide roads.

Thoughts on the need for this project?

Zergrim/Asgard P15

wHhZnAt.jpg

Edited by Dellaca
  • Cat 1

I'm the person who climbed  the mountain and found the 2 guard towers on top, it seems there was partial highway work up there and if i remember correctly some very minor tunneling or mining too. Highway or tunnel around there would be a fine idea.

However, also if i recall this correctly too, not highways on that north/eastern shore where you drew your darkblue line. It requires deed permissions to connect or create highways there, and not sure who owns those deeds. Maybe some is already highway, I don't remember clearly, it was months ago, so perhaps there are some highways but i forgot them...

Of course I like the idea if it includes useful and nice highways, but just a matter of realistically or logistically possible. :)

Edited by Lovelie
  • Like 1

I just rode that  blue road and  it's highway (green catseyes ) from Balsam hill to Shaketown strees and over that Moenia Bridge.

And plan is to keep tunnel out of any deeds so maybe that red line is way too south. Also this Nidavellir deed is not in right place in community map or it's disbanded. But I will take a look it when I come back from another treasure map hunting.

9 hours ago, Dellaca said:

I just rode that  blue road and  it's highway (green catseyes ) from Balsam hill to Shaketown strees and over that Moenia Bridge.

I'm here now and I see I see! :)

Looks like Balsom/Balsam Hill keep changing its name

Spoiler

The settlement of Balsam Hill has just been disbanded.
The settlement of Balsam Hill has just been disbanded. 
The settlement of Balsom Hill has just been founded (found these on twitter)

[00:58:44] You leave Balsom Hill. (from my June event logs)

[12:28:54] You enter Balsam Hill. (From few mins ago)

As for Nidavellir deed, I have written down as [3253,2895] Nidavellir , so I believe it's just a simple typo by whoever was editing into the map data.

The highway -- I see now, I was mis-remembering. The road from Blackwatch towards Balsam Hill is not fully catseyed, and actually that northeastern side is almost all within the deed Limping Troll Pub, so if a connection to the north is desired would need to ask him/her. That would be nice addition too I think. But anyways, you didn't draw that, so let me get back on topic xD

Anyway, now I see the highway you drew on the east toward Moenia, and I'm writing it down as we  "speak" :)

9 hours ago, Dellaca said:

And plan is to keep tunnel out of any deeds so maybe that red line is way too south.

So I just checked, highway north of Jayjays Place turns the corner at [2112,2949] and walking in straight line eastward, even this point [2408,2949] is NOT deeded and NOT in any perimeter, currently. So if you want to go a straight line like how you drew, it would work to avoid actual deeds!

One problem, someone is planting crops there offdeed. So just need to ask who and if it's ok.

Spoiler

kbZKKZt.jpg

Looks like it may be crops by whoever owns Balsam Hill. Otherwise, seems like that straight line would technically work.

EDIT: Extremely "lucky", there are exactly 3 tiles wide which are NOT in the perimeter of Balsam Hill AND Hadrac's Grange...

Edited by Lovelie

Maybe tunnel should be north side of Balsam Hill so it would not be mess any fields and north side of that deed is quite rocky hill terrain so not very good way to expand deed. I don't like to block anybody plans with this highway/tunnel.

I know there is some old mines up the mountain in this part  but it is easy to fix with Mag priest.

Road towards Blackwatch and Limping troll  would be quite easy to connect if their owners like to.

bBtss9N.jpg

Edited by Dellaca
better pic
  • Cat 1

Hi, Spirit's Rest/Haven deed owner here. Tunneling that length seems like it would be a HUGE undertaking, but I can see the usefulness of it. Bear in mind that there was already a road there, somewhat going up a large portion of that mountain. I used to travel that to go to Moenia, which was part of my last alliance. Getting up was ok, but then when it started to level out a lot of it required guess work to traverse. I would suggest finishing a road to make travelling easier first, then commence tunneling. I understand the purpose of the tunnel is to avoid the height climb initially.

I have to imagine unless you work at it constantly and with enough people helping it might take quite a while to get it done - especially if you encounter veins. The veins are what makes a planned straight tunnel a true nightmare in some cases.

I chimed in because eventually I would like to connect a road from Spirit's Rest going East to that road (around Jayjays Place, where it turns east - so that that orange under the word "Spirit's" line goes straight across to meet up with your proposed long red line (your proposed tunnel)). I'd also like to go north (so I have all cardinal directions leading in/out), but that's another story.

Edited by Zarwaddim

Sorry about the Balsam/Balsom thing. I neglected my deed's upkeep, panicked, rush-created the deed again with incorrect spelling, renamed later when I realized.

I am not a smart man.

- Docbullfrog

Edited by Letter

Tunnel is rideable already.  Need  some polish and  a lot  support beams. Tunnel is not connected to highway yet  because  there is still some veins which need to burn.

• Like 1
  • Cat 1

Feel free to come to mine.  We have 2 iron , 1 silver and 1 tin left. And lot veins which are on the side wall.

Nice job all. Saw this post updated and came back from a short break - was amazed at the length and how much you got done.

Any idea on the amounts of ore each vein has to dig out? 

Edited by Zarwaddim

Tunnel is finally finished! Thanks to all who helped us and special huge thanks to Mechanicalcepac for the logs, it was big help.

Enjoy Tired to climb-passage!

Asgard-team

• Like 1
  • Cat 1