Sign in to follow this  
UnclePyron

Tall Tail Sausage recipe not accepting some chopped vegetables

I ran into an issue with the Tall Tail Sausage recipe not accepting some chopped vegetables. 

The recipe states to use chopped any veg. 

From testing if you try to use chopped cabbage (1 kg), lettuce (.5 kg), onion (.25 kg), pumpkin (1 kg)  or potato (.5 kg) they won't fit in the skin with the rest of the ingredients. 

Chopped Carrots (.5 kg), Corn (.1 kg), Cucumber (.5 kg) , Garlic (.05 kg), Pea Pods (.5 kg), and Tomato (.12 kg) all seem to work.

It doesn't seem to entirely be a weight issue as the carrots fit but the potatoes and onions, which weigh the same, don't and the onions, which weigh less, doesn't either.

I've found that's an issue with any sort of vegetable sausage. Some vegetables are too large to fit inside a sausage skin by themselves, others will not fit along with the other required base ingredients.

Vegetables have different volumes. You can experiment with this by placing a vegetable (or any other food item) inside a full well or fountain, then observing how much water is displaced.

For example, there is simply no way to create a pumpkin sausage. Even after leaving one off deed inside a food storage bin until the weight was greatly reduced, it still would not fit inside a sausage skin. The only thing I've not tried is size/volume runing a sausage skin, though I doubt that's even possible.

Incidentally, this can also affect the creation of different sorts of stuffed mushrooms. Different colors of mushrooms have different volumes, which has a significant effect on their volumes as containers once you take a spoon to them.

Edited by Avaxas

Weight is not volume.  Some items are denser, and there's a size limit for the skin too

My concern was more about the accuracy of the recipe.  Either correct the sausage skin to accept all the chopped vegetables as stated in the recipe or correct the recipe to say what chopped vegetables it will take instead of saying all of them.

14 hours ago, UnclePyron said:

My concern was more about the accuracy of the recipe.  Either correct the sausage skin to accept all the chopped vegetables as stated in the recipe or correct the recipe to say what chopped vegetables it will take instead of saying all of them.

I imagine the latter would make most sense. The volume of sausage skins is not a problem too many people likely run into, as most probably don't make many vegetable sausages. (Granted, they do have some very interesting uses as ingredients in other recipes, if you really want to do insane things with affinity timers.)

Edited by Avaxas

People combine fat to use in sausages to get bigger ones. Keep that in mind when suggesting a raise to the volume of sausage skins, as sausages are frequently used in pizzas.