Sign in to follow this  
CocoCereza

Lag Issues on Cadence

Been experiencing lag spikes from time to time on Cadence for the past 2-3 months.
During the lag, stamina bar can take from between 3 to 10s to regen. There will also be lag when trying to walk through doors (i.e the doors take longer than usual to 'open' when I am nearby)

• Like 3

Probably related to this thread:

Cadence is by far the worst affected on NFI. Most SFI servers have had increased lag over the past few months too.

Yeah, I haven't wanted to play the last month because just going through pasture gates on Cadence is ridiculous. Hope they fix this soon!

• Like 1

Last night (US time) was particularly bad on Cadence: the lag stayed with us the entire night until I logged off, as opposed to only a couple of hours.

Slow stamina regen is the most obvious indicator -- if it were network lag, the stamina bar would stay at one value then jump immediately to full. I've seen that happen; this is not that. This is a case of the stamina bar sitting still for 10-15s, then jumping a step, sitting for another 10-15s, etc. Until full.

Also affected are the update ticks for ovens, forges, smelters, and probably other similar things. There can also be delays between submitting a command (say, moving inventory items) and the game performing the action.

Not affected seems to be the favor regain for priests, the custom timers tool, and the action timer bar once the server actually starts processing the action.

Yeah, prior to about 9:10 PM EDT, things were fine.  Then all of a sudden it was like slamming into a brick wall.

Tonight isn't as bad as last night, but it hits close at times.

Of note, approx. 8:45 PM EDT, there was a massive disconnect at Buske's Cove in the north of Cadence, with 20+ accounts all disconnecting simultaneously.  Didn't affect another account I was running in the southwest.

Edited by Zakiah

this has been the most horrible lag yet in the past few weeks. I get they are looking into fixing this issue but this is becoming outrageous. feels like we could lose a sizable player base if this keeps up.

• Like 1

Yep. Consistently the past week or so people have been logging on, only to find it so laggy they just log right back off. Today its been going on for hours with no word.