Sign in to follow this  
Finnn

Spam filter with regex or some flexibility to user lines

Can we get some sort of censoring for text from others besides self-censoring at last?

Simple good example is old mIRC and whatever other irc client... if you had some trash bot spam - you could just filter and not see it at all, there's no need to have this toxic spam over and over every day.

Sure if you think darwin was a problem.. it was problem of it's own, one person, now there's spam like this.. from multiple people and it's kind of defeating the purpose of /ignore list if you go and chop somebody's head and make it invisible forever over just the dumb stuff they do temporarily, but often and pretty much daily when they just cant find better way to spend their time, it's lets go down to spam town and pop some useless stuff in the char(just like old dawin yellow page news nobody cares about):

Spoiler

[10:29:22] <System> This is your Global Kingdom Chat. 
[10:29:22] <System> You can disable receiving these messages, by a setting in your profile.
[12:29:51] <Dumbo> [19:29:39] You try to tease people with Turkish Delight Fanclub Headquarters.
[12:32:28] <Dumbo> [19:32:07] You throw yourself to the ground and grovel in the dirt before Turkish Delight Fanclub Headquarters.
[12:43:55] <Adnurak> [10:43:19] The pilk tastes royal, noble, and utterly delicious!

Do you find and match the usual common spam that just happens for years now?

Just let us fight this trash typing with something more than /ignore command.

Unless trash spam in global chat is encouraged?

Edited by Finnn
  • Cat 1

19 minutes ago, Finnn said:

there's no need to have this toxic spam over and over every day.

Sure if you think darwin was a problem.. it was problem of it's own, one person, now there's spam like this.. from multiple people and it's kind of defeating the purpose of /ignore list if you go and chop somebody's dead and make it invisible forever over just the dumb stuff they do temporarily, but often and pretty much daily when they just cant find better way to spend their time, it's lets go down to spam town and pop some useless stuff in the char(just like old dawin yellow page news nobody cares about):

Reveal hidden contents

[10:29:22] <System> This is your Global Kingdom Chat. 
[10:29:22] <System> You can disable receiving these messages, by a setting in your profile.
[12:29:51] <Dumbo> [19:29:39] You try to tease people with Turkish Delight Fanclub Headquarters.
[12:32:28] <Dumbo> [19:32:07] You throw yourself to the ground and grovel in the dirt before Turkish Delight Fanclub Headquarters.
[12:43:55] <Adnurak> [10:43:19] The pilk tastes royal, noble, and utterly delicious!

OAhV081.png

My main problem is with "spam" during mass events such as impalongs and slayings, especially when my own imping result is flooded away by tons of other fully legitimate lines.

I would appreciate the possibility to mute e.g.

- all

- all but friends/alliance/village/team

or so.

The regex solution would provide maximum flexibility, granted (e.g. excluding farting :) ) . If easy to implement, yes please. And then some howto for those not familiar with this technique.

Edited by Ekcin

36 minutes ago, Madnath said:

OAhV081.png

two year old joke.. you keep spamming on a loop.. try to be creative and stop spamming with old stuff

:/mnt/x/Games/Wurm/players/Finn/logs$ grep -i "turkish de" GL-Freedom.20* | head -1
GL-Freedom.2020-06.txt:[03:13:51] <Madnath> I like Turkish Delight. I do. A lot if people don't like Turkish delight, I mean Fry's Turkish delight. The type with the chocolate on it and the purple wrapper. But I like it.

just your spam mentionings from your lines over past 2 years.. mental... once every other day on your own, and there's the whole cele circus group following, this number does not included the copy/pasta spam bots

$ grep -i "turkish de" GL-Freedom.20* | grep -i "<madnath.*turkish delight*" | wc -l

5 year old clip you spam for the past 2 years..

55b0f5bb6a6fcae221d96d6df6281dfb.png

What is toxic, what is spam, what is this, normal behavior?

The other toxic thing you do is changing subjects when you get bored, you just pop all copy/pasta texts with the cow/pilk/and td, that on it's own is some disorder and directly trolly, "talk to the wall, I have these copy/pastas to change the subject"

There are several cases in which you directly spam the global chat with that and get followed by the other people in your deed or surrounding alliance, same spam, until you completely change the mood in gl on purpose, for no purpose of benefitting other than trolling and halting another conversation.. sure sometimes some chat about rainbows and unicorns.. but that's no reason to shut them, just tab out, it's healthier.

Then there's the whole company of meme spamming, alts and supporters unrealizing even where this comes from etc.. but spamming it because what other could cause a mexican wave in wurm chat besides the usual spam born from several kits spamming it at once, it's the social new motto excluding you from "lurker" status, but then same people go back to lurking once the spam and giggles are over... 

This happens on a loop.. and it's not spam? 

• Cat 1

"It would be my delight to sell you this item"

Woops, could have been talking about Turkish Delight, better block that innocent message

I think the ignore function works. If a player is posting something that you don't like (Like about Pilk and Turkish Delights), you ignore them. Problem solved. A system like this feels overly complicated. 

2 hours ago, Finnn said:

Words

I hate to break it to you, but you're being directly ignorant of the current use of it :)

Turkish Delight for the last few months has been reserved for when GL gets borderline awful and rule breaky. If it was considered spam to the degree you make it out to be, moderation would have stepped in. Shockingly, Turkish Delight has only been posted for about the last year, so your sample cases are just a liiiiiiiiiitle bit off there big shooter. I respect that it lives rent free in your head however.

Also if you directly think there's "spam bots" for this then I suggest you make a /support ticket as I'm fairly sure it's against the rules!

I'd also just like to give a very gentle reminder to yourself that GL isn't your own sandbox, as it isn't mine either. It's a public chat for folks to use within the rules set by the staff. As I'm sure you're away, staff generally point you in the direction of the /ignore command or /support if you feel a rule break is occurring. If folks want to use Turkish Delight to change topic afterwards, they can, and if not they can continue to chat as they are and sometimes do! We're all adults who are able to make our own choices.

Now I just want to dig a little deeper here....

3 hours ago, Finnn said:

You say the word Turkish Delight has been said by me 264 times over the course of two years. Let's math this out...

The lyrics contain that word 8 times. Over the course of a 2 year period, that means it's been posted 33 times at a rate of 1.375 times per month. Hmmm. Interesting definition of spam we have here...

I'd like to just end this on a couple of things:

First, I'm very sorry this is causing you so much pain! I'll keep it in mind for the future for sure, but I highly suggest you /ignore me, since I've done the same without the command since you demanded I beg you for help since I was doing something "wrong" when talking about a grind in GL when it turns out it was bad advice.

Secondly, I'd highly suggest you take your own advice on this one

3 hours ago, Finnn said:

just tab out, it's healthier.

Thank you very much for reading, peace and hair grease.

• Like 3

it works...

18 minutes ago, HawkHawk said:

Woops, could have been talking about Turkish Delight, better block that innocent message

Added HawkHawk to your ignore list

but, can't we have more flexible way to deal with trolling?

is this the future of gl chat spambot copy-pastas?

49829724a22ef155845c753bc0bf55ab.png

467d4298446faf6e8f07996c9b7a1eaa.png

13 minutes ago, Finnn said:

it works...

36 minutes ago, HawkHawk said:

Added HawkHawk to your ignore list

but, can't we have more flexible way to deal with trolling?

Seems a bit toxic, I thought I made a good example of where this might not work but ok, you do you.

8 minutes ago, Madnath said:

I hate to break it to you, but you're being directly ignorant of the current use of it :)

Turkish Delight for the last few months has been reserved for when GL gets borderline awful and rule breaky. If it was considered spam to the degree you make it out to be, moderation would have stepped in. Shockingly, Turkish Delight has only been posted for about the last year, so your sample cases are just a liiiiiiiiiitle bit off there big shooter. I respect that it lives rent free in your head however.

Also if you directly think there's "spam bots" for this then I suggest you make a /support ticket as I'm fairly sure it's against the rules!

I'd also just like to give a very gentle reminder to yourself that GL isn't your own sandbox, as it isn't mine either. It's a public chat for folks to use within the rules set by the staff. As I'm sure you're away, staff generally point you in the direction of the /ignore command or /support if you feel a rule break is occurring. If folks want to use Turkish Delight to change topic afterwards, they can, and if not they can continue to chat as they are and sometimes do! We're all adults who are able to make our own choices.

Now I just want to dig a little deeper here....

You say the word Turkish Delight has been said by me 264 times over the course of two years. Let's math this out...

The lyrics contain that word 8 times. Over the course of a 2 year period, that means it's been posted 33 times at a rate of 1.375 times per month. Hmmm. Interesting definition of spam we have here...

I'd like to just end this on a couple of things:

First, I'm very sorry this is causing you so much pain! I'll keep it in mind for the future for sure, but I highly suggest you /ignore me, since I've done the same without the command since you demanded I beg you for help since I was doing something "wrong" when talking about a grind in GL when it turns out it was bad advice.

Secondly, I'd highly suggest you take your own advice on this one

Thank you very much for reading, peace and hair grease.

You have childish behavior of spamming same thing, and you're not supported by just about anyone random it's just few kids in your alliance/deed, that gives fake impression to others what's "cool", if that one types that -> the other 5 "bots" type the same, omg.. let me spam the same and be "cool" and part of the group.. while same small initial group trolls the chat whenever they feel like it and derail other chats.

Right / wrong?

Check your logs.. see the real purpose and cases once again.

Doubt you're adults if you go in such mode and spam chats to derail whenever you don't like the subject. 

365days a year x 2 years  = 730days

730 days / 264 mentions by you only during the times I've been online -> 2.765151515151515 so ok.. you're not typing that once every 2 days.. it's every almost 3 days, you pop same nonsense over 2 years period.

Point?

You do that from alts too, I'm only listing random time I've been online at.. and only listing your name, not your alts or your buddies doing the same spam waves.

You're spamming and derailing and now trolling here, it's a dumb trend, same **** happens with same people and cheese, copy/pastabaras and all other crap same group keeps promoting over and over, it's nothing trendy it's just 5 people spamming the chat until other get brainwashed to copy/paste same lines and adopt the "trend" always starting from same small group spamming chats with nonsense.

Should we recall cheese and capybaras.. same people.. same behavior, same people fall in the trap and copy/paste after the fake trend starters, over and over, keeps rolling, this just seems to work, and you keep doing it for fun.

• Cat 1

2 minutes ago, HawkHawk said:

Seems a bit toxic, I thought I made a good example of where this might not work but ok, you do you.

you literally jump in a problem topic with trolly issue quote and asking for ignore, what did you expect

Edited by Finnn

11 minutes ago, Finnn said:
13 minutes ago, HawkHawk said:

you literally jump in a problem topic with trolly issue quote and asking for ignore, what did you expect

If you disagree with my example of where the system will cause issues you are more than welcome to come up with a counter argument.

I just feel adding this system is going to create more communication issues than it will solve, at least with a hard yes/no ignore everyone knows where they stand.

19 minutes ago, Finnn said:

You have childish behavior of spamming same thing, and you're not supported by just about anyone random it's just few kids in your alliance/deed, that gives fake impression to others what's "cool", if that one types that -> the other 5 "bots" type the same, omg.. let me spam the same and be "cool" and part of the group.. while same small initial group trolls the chat whenever they feel like it and derail other chats.

Right / wrong?

Check your logs.. see the real purpose and cases once again.

Doubt you're adults if you go in such mode and spam chats to derail whenever you don't like the subject. 

365days a year x 2 years  = 730days

730 days / 264 mentions by you only during the times I've been online -> 2.765151515151515 so ok.. you're not typing that once every 2 days.. it's every almost 3 days, you pop same nonsense over 2 years period.

Point?

You do that from alts too, I'm only listing random time I've been online at.. and only listing your name, not your alts or your buddies doing the same spam waves.

You're spamming and derailing and now trolling here, it's a dumb trend, same **** happens with same people and cheese, copy/pastabaras and all other crap same group keeps promoting over and over, it's nothing trendy it's just 5 people spamming the chat until other get brainwashed to copy/paste same lines and adopt the "trend" always starting from same small group spamming chats with nonsense.

Should we recall cheese and capybaras.. same people.. same behavior, same people fall in the trap and copy/paste after the fake trend starters, over and over, keeps rolling, this just seems to work, and you keep doing it for fun.

I highly suggest you reread as you seem a bit too flustered to understand! I'll lay it out again, a bit more clearly :)

The word "Turkish delight" is said 8 times in the lyrics.

You're not seeing each time it's said, you're seeing all 8 times it's said in one instance so your math is wrong I'm afraid.

Very sorry it's getting you so flustered, truly! I cannot control others, as you cannot either. If others want to join in, as folk do, that's entirely up to them. I'd suggest looking back over your suggestion to instead change it from being a vague personal attack on myself and my humour and make a suggestion based on what you want to see and not what you hate in an open chat. I once again refer you back to your own advice!

3 hours ago, Finnn said:

I wont be responding any further to toxicity and personal anger against public chats, as I don't want to fall into that pitfall. Genuinely hope you can get some closure on this Finn!

Edited by Madnath
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Finnn said:

toxic spam

I don't appreciate my name ending up in a post with this sort of tone, much less based on one line of text in a chat that had been empty for an entire hour since I logged in and probably longer still before that. Before going around calling other people toxic you ought to consider your own conduct. Not finding someone's humour funny is not grounds to accuse them of making a space unpleasant for other people while seeking the attention of devs and staff. 

The devs have better things to do with their time than implement regex filtering for GL chat so you don't have to see the word "turkish delight" used in a way that inexplicably makes you angry. Other people manage their emotions on their own without machine assistance.

• Like 4

you clearly have no idea what grep does there..

$ grep -i "turkish de" GL-Freedom.20* | grep -i "<madnath.*turkish delight*" | wc -l

it looks for all turkish de.. which is pretty much irrelevant before the |, as it does it again after that... I did something else before filtering only lines starting with "<madnath" ANYTHING AFTER, THEN "turkish delight" AND WHATEVER IT DOESN'T CARE IF THERE"S MORE

it is possible for somebody to copy a line of yours, but that's it

again.. just your lines

if we filter all your alts and your group... same claims stand and build a really high and solid wall proving what I wrote.. you guys just spam and troll on purpose, if staff cares to moderate you - I can't care less, I wanted more flexible experience and clean chat, just an option to filter all **** your group invents as next season's spam quote, I wont read it, and I wont have to deal with /support or /ignore or anything like that.. read, read, read, read

it's not you the problem, it's what you do

and the group of people doing the same thing over the past 2 years around you

ignoring you does nothing, ignoring all 5 or 10 does nothing, you still trick other people to spam along with you, there's no ending to that

that is why I am not chasing anything like ca/cm/gm/etc.. I am asking for game feature allowing easier handling of this spam pile you keep inventing and throwing in the global chat

it's really simple.. stop lighting matches.. we wont need to put out fires, alternatively.. give us sprinklers.. we'll never care to look at the fires and it will be all out without noticing any of these issues

18 minutes ago, Madnath said:
  3 hours ago, Finnn said:

that is the definition of online bullying or trolling, you're suggesting other to leave if they cant stand your spam, do you read your posts at all or tos for that matter

reread my idea... no need to cause isues.. vs your idea of causing issues and if somebody doesnt like it - should leave

really?

3 minutes ago, Blazecraze said:

@Finnncan you check Bricks in your chat detector over the last 3 years? 😮 

sure man, if you promise to not detail further..

Spoiler

$ grep -i "you create.*brick" _Event.* |wc -l