Sign in to follow this  
Anarres

Hidden creatures don't always need to be defeated

Patch notes say:

Combat Challenges: when you try to dig up a location you may come across some creatures ambushing you which you must defeat before you can continue digging it up.

Will go into hiding again after 45 minutes if not yet killed until you come and dig again, then the same remaining creatures will ambush you again.

Today, I was with my NFI newbie on Cadence, 66 ql map, at step 4:

[21:30:41] You start digging for treasure!
[21:30:56] The aged raging Hidden Huge spider has arrived.
[21:30:56] The aged Hidden Lava spider has arrived.
[21:30:56] The aged hardened Hidden Lava fiend has arrived.
[21:30:56] The aged hardened Hidden Lava spider has arrived.
[21:30:56] The aged champion Hidden Anaconda has arrived.

I killed the first 4, then got trapped between a hedge and a tree and the anaconda did away with me. I ressed at tent nearby, anaconda was still there for a few minutes, then I didn't see it anymore. I fixed me up, looked around, no anaconda, and went to dig again.

[22:03:49] You start digging for treasure!

[22:04:14] You find a small old casket.
[22:04:25] You carefully work to open it up without damaging what's inside...
[22:04:26] You find a piece of parchment.

[22:14:30] This is a difficult clue. You have completed 4 steps of this treasure hunt. This clue may have between 4 and 6 steps.

No anaconda. It wasn't 45 minutes yet, either.

Is it possible the anaconda had a wound of medium or higher damage, that got worse and eventually killed it?

13 hours ago, Shydow said:

Is it possible the anaconda had a wound of medium or higher damage, that got worse and eventually killed it?

I don't think so, I only hit it once, and it barely did some damage. 70 FS, under 30 body strength, 90ql haxe with 2k BT. I expected that little red on it  to heal sooner than I put myself back together. 😅

Edited to add:

31 haxe skill. There are no potions or stuff, just plain low BT. However, it did do:

[21:45:06] You cut aged champion Hidden Anaconda deadly hard in the chest and damage it.
[21:45:06] Your weapon infects aged champion Hidden Anaconda with a disease.

I think the wound was less than 20%, but lets say it was 20%, and lets say the BT infection would have worsen every minute, but that should have been light to begin with, I don't know how it could have killed it (and I didn't notice worsening red until it disappeared).

On a related note: when you kill hidden creatures, there is no message in Event or Combat log that it died. At a minimum, it would be very useful to add that.

Edited by Anarres

I just saw on another hidden creature, an aged croc I think, I did an infection wound of 25 damage. That's (much) more than I expected! But it's a weaker mob, dunno. With only one wound, BT infection has to work like crazy to kill it. If it worsens every minute, it would have needed to add more than 2/min on average or something.

Edited by Anarres

OK, so this might explain it... I thought BT adds another, very light, infection wound, to the regular wound. But I tried again, on a regular mob this time, and when it procced it did one big infection wound:

AGsc0iC.png

The champ anaconda's was very likely smaller than this, but if the wound becomes in its entirety an infection wound, if it worsens every single minute, then ... maybe it killed? It just seems so overpowered, one-hit on champ anaconda with a low body character doesn't sound quite right. :D 

Edited by Anarres