Sign in to follow this  
Spiritual

Shield Skill

Increase shield skill gain as well as fight skill gain. the gain is very low and for use with a smaller weapon even the hit rate decreases. the skill gain is very low that when you just hit the defense.

example today. [01:15:25] Medium metal shield increased by 0,0049 to 9,6862.

Sleep bonus and Circle of Cunning will increase this a lot. Your tick size seems very small, what are you training on? Thats the size of the ticks i was getting around 80

nothing wrong with shield or weapon skillgain, just need to know what your doing

Edited by Zykat
  • Like 3

-1 Shield Skill is one of the easiest skills in wurm. your obviously doing something wrong for getting that size of a tick at that lvl.
Also regarding FS it should only take like 3 days to hit like 80-85+

Edited by Shinso
  • Like 1

-1, shield skill is pretty easy to grind - but you need to know how to!

This thread has tons of grinding advice, badly formatted but scroll down to the bit about shield training:

Until around 60-70 shield skill, just hunt normally (in normal fighting mode - not aggressive, as you'll block a lot less). You can also pen train (generally easier if your account is strong enough to tank it), you'll want to train vs the strongest mob possible as skillgain size comes from the size of the blocked hit. You need to change creature once every 15 minutes else skillgain stops.

For FS, doing lots of hunting should get it up. Remember that FS is not affected by sleep bonus, so whereas you can double your gains in weapon skills, fighting subskills, shield skills, etc. with sleep bonus, FS is simply about killing as many mobs as possible. In particular, the best FS gains seem to come from killing high difficulty mobs.

• Like 1

@zykat uso escudo metálico médio com coc.

@Docterchese I'll try to follow these steps, but my doubt is, arrest a hell scorpion like ? without using a priest for it.

1 hour ago, Spiritual said:

@Docterchese I'll try to follow these steps, but my doubt is, arrest a hell scorpion like ? without using a priest for it.

I actually just fought trolls in the wild in defensive fighting style and an LT weapon, theres advanced setups to make it super easy to do at home, but it's possible to do while grinding fighting too

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Spiritual said:

Increase shield skill gain as well as fight skill gain. the gain is very low and for use with a smaller weapon even the hit rate decreases. the skill gain is very low that when you just hit the defense.

Stop training on rats and upgrade to a goblin.  Or a cave bug.  You should be training your skill based on difficulty, and for shields it is VERY similar to the skill you need in animal taming (example:  40 skill for a champion mountain lion).  Unless the devs changed it in the last couple years, the harder they hit, the more skill gain you get.

• Like 1

Yes you were right, I was using aggressive mode, I switched to normal and the gains are good. :)

• Like 2

On 8/20/2022 at 7:21 PM, Spiritual said:

hmm i think maybe ql of shield will help