Sign in to follow this  
HuhWhat

pls close

Please close

Edited by HuhWhat
lowered starting bid

10s

sorry, didn't see the hidden reserve.  Totally against an auction like this.  I retract my bid

Edited by Sinnjinn

1 hour ago, Sinnjinn said:

10s

sorry, didn't see the hidden reserve.  Totally against an auction like this.  I retract my bid

An auction like what? My first bid was 1s, my reserve is probably much lower than the going price, but you do you

Edited by HuhWhat

1 hour ago, HuhWhat said:

An auction like what? My first bid was 1s, my reserve is probably much lower than the going price, but you do you

I also won't bid on an item that has a hidden reserve. My reason is that when the auction is over,  the seller can simply state that the reserve was never reached and thus there is no sale. I'm not wasting my time bidding or watching an auction when this is possible. For me, the general idea is, if you want a certain price for something...thus your hidden reserve, then start the bidding at that point and see where it goes. The ONLY time I would bid on a hidden reserve auction is if I have built some kind of relationship over time with the seller and I have a high level of trust in them.

Good luck with your auction and Happy Wurming!

1 hour ago, gnomegates said:

I also won't bid on an item that has a hidden reserve. My reason is that when the auction is over,  the seller can simply state that the reserve was never reached and thus there is no sale. I'm not wasting my time bidding or watching an auction when this is possible. For me, the general idea is, if you want a certain price for something...thus your hidden reserve, then start the bidding at that point and see where it goes. The ONLY time I would bid on a hidden reserve auction is if I have built some kind of relationship over time with the seller and I have a high level of trust in them.

Good luck with your auction and Happy Wurming!

I am not a new player or out to screw anyone, these items I have now are new to me, if you have an issue with a reserve then so be it, but I can guarantee the reserve is well below current going rates, I have no issues just canceling the auction and keeping it for myself. Thank you for your opinion, which wasn't asked for.

Edited by HuhWhat

You asked a question on your own auction concerning why someone felt a certain way about reserves "An auction like what?" 

No where did I imply you were out to screw anyone, if it came across that way I am sorry, I was simply giving feedback on the way I deal with auctions with reserves. I was not addressing your desire to have a reserve, or about you or this auction in general, I was simply talking about reserves across the board. 

It seems it rubbed you the wrong way, understand that was not my intent, I do wish you the best with your auction.

Happy Wurming

26 minutes ago, gnomegates said:

You asked a question on your own auction concerning why someone felt a certain way about reserves "An auction like what?" 

No where did I imply you were out to screw anyone, if it came across that way I am sorry, I was simply giving feedback on the way I deal with auctions with reserves. I was not addressing your desire to have a reserve, or about you or this auction in general, I was simply talking about reserves across the board. 

It seems it rubbed you the wrong way, understand that was not my intent, I do wish you the best with your auction.

Happy Wurming

I asked that player, not the community, so thank you, I might as well just end it now because you probably destroyed it with your opinions, thanks for that. I didn't ask for your
"Feedback"

Happy Wurming to you too

Edited by HuhWhat