Sign in to follow this  
moogien

Make stationary trait Negative instead of Miscellaneous

As topic says , change stationary to a Negative trait so there is a choice to remove it, if wants to.

• Like 8

I like the stationary trait. Great way to keep my sheep from crowding on one tile.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, moogien said:

As topic says , change stationary to a Negative trait so there is a choice to remove it, if wants to.

+1

it's a suacide trait... 

moving it to negative will mostly solve the problem as less common at high skill 

• Like 1

i would also like this becuase right now my only option to remove this trait is to kill the critter with it

• Like 2

Stationary is a positive trait to me. Easy grass management and the animals wont wander off.

The creatures pack the tile they are on, resulting in having to move them or if left long enough they starve and die.

Alternatively remove tile packing from creatures with stationary might be an alternative, like removing\reducing crowding disease from hitched animals.

That being said I consider it a negative trait and retire them, so I am in favor of this suggestion.

• Like 1

suacide trait.. saddles could be removed if you cant babysit creatures.. this trait is permanent pest with no cure as it is

remember Eckerrun (slowest possible starvation death known to wurm players)  -  such a hero testing this for us

Or you know, just enable fo priests to select which trait to remove... And while we are at selecting things, allow to select which enchantment to dispell already ffs

• Like 8

On 8/20/2022 at 3:15 PM, kochinac said:

Or you know, just enable fo priests to select which trait to remove... And while we are at selecting things, allow to select which enchantment to dispell already ffs

Came here to suggest this, but you beat me to it!

• Like 4

Bump yes let us be able remove any trait and spells / enchantments aswell

It would be great if genesis could target it but making it negative would mean any breeders who use stationary would have to remove any fo domain over their herd otherwise the next holy crop would ruin the herd.

• Like 2

On ‎8‎/‎20‎/‎2022 at 10:15 AM, kochinac said:

Or you know, just enable fo priests to select which trait to remove...

+1 This version

• Like 1

wait

what

+1

huh

hm

eh

Why priests, is 90-95 AH decorative?

Bump and YES +1

People who like it are welcome to keep it and breed more but it should be removable as it is negative in most cases.  Why not just put a saddle on if you don't want the horse to move around?

Edit addition: I saw the suggestion of someone in the thread to allow priests to choose which trait to remove...why not just allow this option?

Edited by Fairyshine
  • Like 2

On 8/20/2022 at 10:15 AM, kochinac said:

This sounds like the best solution to me. It would allow those who like the trait to keep it and those who dislike it to remove it. Win win.

• Like 2

I thought creatures with this trait were still supposed to be able to move to a tile to eat and then return to where they were, but it doesn't currently work like that and they just starve to death instead. I'd consider it a positive trait if they could still feed themselves from nearby tiles.

On 11/29/2022 at 7:49 PM, pixieblossom said:

i like this trait for my horses they dont wander off

they wont move if they pack the tile.. on their own or another horse comes by eats from the tile.. and moves on, every time the tile gets packed, it means sure death for the immovable creature, it wont go to near by or next tile to it to eat

stupefy-hermione-granger.gif

Edited by Finnn
  • Like 2

Just now found out, a 'stationary' horse will eat from a pet bowl one tile away inside a fenced area. So this is new. I will plan to experiment more, post here if I do, the results.

That is a pet bowl property. A saddled horse will do as well, even if the bowl is more than one tile away. I had parked my saddled mount on the deed of a friend, and she stole from the pet bowl of his hen :).

Edit: +1 to the suggestion.

Edited by Ekcin

On ‎12‎/‎6‎/‎2022 at 4:33 AM, Ekcin said:

A saddled horse will do as well, even if the bowl is more than one tile away.

Confirmed, live and learn. Or.. if ur like me.. just live (lol).

I now have a field of movement handicapped horses eating out of a food bowl. Some even have saddles.

But we really need to be able to release otherwise normal good horses from that stationary trait. Maybe an 'un-saddle' put it on a stationary horse, and suddenly it can move about like normal. Maybe a halter lead. Peg it to the ground, that 'stationary' horse can now wander about a certain area to graze and not just starve to death standing one tile away from good grazing ground. Just something.

Anyways. Bump'd.

• Like 1