Sign in to follow this  
Sheffie

Rare items crate

Let's be clear. I'm not proposing that rare crates be changed in any way.

I'm proposing a new type of crate be added to the game, the "rare items crate".

This crate functions exactly like a regular crate, except that only rare items can be stored in it.

This will allow players to store bulk rare materials without decay, to repair, combine, and separate them into standard unit sizes, and generally to treat rare bulk mats more like regular mats.

Now, if you think this is going to unbalance the game, or make it too easy for players to stockpile rare materials, then perhaps these crates can be made difficult and/or expensive to craft. They might require 90 Fine Carpentry, for example, or be made with moon metal nails.

I don't think it will be necessary to also create a "supreme items crate" much less a fantastic one, but there's no reason why that couldn't be done.

• Like 8

I do have issues with having too many bulk rares, and can see the value of this. However, since with things like shards, it's only the imp that uses the last piece of something that gets the extra chance at a rare, you might find that these wouldn't get used as much as you might think. That said, it would free up considerable space in my several LMC's. If you're going to do this though, allow all 3 rare types to be put in there, just treat them as different mats, rares combine with rares, supremes with supremes, etc.