Sign in to follow this  
Wulfmaer

Archaeology Tokens out of ground as "from distant lands"

Noticed that some old tokens, that before this latest update showed the details, now show This token details information for a village in distant lands. Both are in reality just along the coast from my deed, and not in distant lands!

On test the same problem was reported, but claimed to just be down to deed being bugged. See

Looking back through my logs, from the live servers, from before the latest update I find the following examine text, for the tokens for the two deeds I was investigating this morning.

From August 2019:

[06:39:04] A small village token from investigating the history of a deed. You can barely make out the signature of its maker,  'Zuri.h'. Ql: 60.4409, Dam: 0.0.
[06:39:04] Black Mirror Palace was founded by Zurish and was inhabited for about 9 years, 1 month. It has been abandoned for roughly 35 years, 2 months and was last mayored by Zurish.

From June 2020:

[09:42:20] A small village token from investigating the history of a deed. You can easily make out the signature of its maker, 'Kogs'. Ql: 60.4914, Dam: 0.0.
[09:42:20] The Wonderdome was founded by Kogs and was inhabited for about 5 years, 11 months. It has been abandoned for roughly 20 years, 11 months and was last mayored by Kogs.
[09:42:22] The small The Wonderdome token doesn't need repairing.

today, the reports from investigating give all the expected information.

FQ6xKaH.png

BUT, examining the token from the chest gives

p80Eobq.png

Also, examining the tokens that were discovered before the update now also give this distant lands text.

This problem appears to affect a significant proportion of my collection of deed tokens.

----

Probably totally unrelated, but... Just noticed that the report, and the previous token text, for Black Mirror Palace are giving different inhabited duration... Niarja reports the dates of the founding/disband via tweets - see https://niarja.com/universes/online/settlements/Black Mirror Palace

Using the twitter dates from Niarja, Black Mirror Palace was abandoned 2269 days ago (54.02 wurm years), and was inhabited for 692 days (16.47 wurm years) - this is significantly different to what archaeology gives... maybe this is expected?

Edited by Wulfmaer
add observation about inhabited duration...
  • Like 1