Sign in to follow this  
TeeeBOMB

Pizzas in my larder are dacaying faster

Ok. The pizzas in my larder (rare larder, 91 QL, 100 new snowballs (all 99QL)  in its icebox) are now taking damage faster than usual.

The larder is in a completed building (Teeebomb's Tall House - I sleep in here daily), on deed (Cornersville on Indy, with well over 60+ days upkeep in coffers). This larder is secured to the ground (if that matters).

This is happening more recently and is really unexpected and is getting my goat over here.

Why is my larder suddenly not working like it used to work? Did you guys make some invisible update to nerf larders? … or am I doing something wrong?

I more recently decided to imp my larder, I think it was 80 ish QL , I decided to imp it to 91+ QL. Another change I recently did, was I added runes to each of the shelves in this larder. [16:56:03] A silver rune of Vynora has been attached, so it will reduce the decay taken of items inside (10%) - >>  added to each of the food shelves as well as to the icebox. So six runes total.

Also I have been continually adding pizzas to this, my main larder. In this larder I have over 1100 kg of food.

What is going on here.

Since other people have mentioned their snowballs seem to be decaying faster than expected, I checked my snowballs in iceboxes.

There are snowballs in the four larders I got in this building, I collected them 16 July 2022, and they already have 30+ damage to them. Not all of them, but some of them. One has 33 damage that I collected on 16 July 2022.

I would appreciate any conclusive clarification, what is going on here, why my pizzas are decaying faster than normal in my larder over here.

One pizza I made it 23 May 2022 - wrapped it and put it right into this larder. It has never been outside of this larder, and it already has 10 damage on it.

Thanks your time,

Teeebomb

Edited by TeeeBOMB
edited
  • Like 2

Check the QL of the snowballs in your icebox shelf, the lower the QL of the snowball the more likely it'll decay more.

But yes, I know my snowballs seem to be taking more damage since a patch earlier this year. 

I don't tend to store much food in my larders, just  making my Farmer salads in small groups as I need them, so can't speak on any change in the decay rate of pizzas.

• Like 1

I usually run pretty lean on my larder, have abut 30ish affinities and some filler but I have been recently noticing, both snowballs (all 99ql) take more damage, and that if I make a batch of 100 filler foods they start to take damage, and that stops when the number drops.

The last batch I made was heavier but fewer, and I've yet to see any decay on them.

My larder is also rare, so it may be something related to rarity, however my other theory is that if more damage ticks happen than you have snowballs, the extra items take the damage rather than ticking again on the snow. I need another larder, but can try testing that once winter rolls around again.

• Like 1

Seeing the same added decay here. Everything seems to be taking faster decay 99 ql snowballs and all.

• Like 1

On ‎8‎/‎16‎/‎2022 at 7:57 PM, Tristanc said:

Check the QL of the snowballs in your icebox shelf

All my snowballs were 99QL when I collected them. But now some have 30+ damage.. so their effective QL is less.

Still.. 30+ damage to a 99 QL snowball collected 16 Jul, after only 1 month seems a bit much.

I usually try to collect a few, then run quickly to the larder to prevent carry decay. But this time I sort of just kept collecting till I had many in inventory. Next time, maybe I'll remember to only collect a few then run to larder. Would be nice if we could 'wrap' snowballs (lol). I really didn't think I held them that much longer, but could have.

• Like 1

I'm putting my affinity pizzas in the LMC, this is just heartbreaking.  I had saved some 99ql snowballs in a satchel in the LMC, so I did replace the worst ones.  The larder is going to end up being  like my alchemist cupboard, just deco at this point.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hazelspider said:

end up being  like my alchemist cupboard

Agreed. Larders were such an awesome idea.. now the nerf (if they nerfed it).. if they did, I hope they un nerf it.

On 8/17/2022 at 12:24 AM, TeeeBOMB said:

Why is my larder suddenly not working like it used to work? Did you guys make some invisible update to nerf larders? … or am I doing something wrong?

quite important update if such was done, and time sensitive at that if something was changed and pushed with last update.

affinity food takes significant amount of time and it's not easy replace(costs fair bit in coin or time + attention to xx amount of ingredient lists, etc etc etc) 

• Like 2

if it's important.. it was 88ql normal larder with -10% damage taken rune on the larder, and -10% damage taken on every shelf

--

updated to 

[13:12:56] A cool area for storing food. The larder has been firmly secured to the ground by Finn. You can easily make out the signature of its maker, 'Finn'. It is locked with a lock of exceptional quality. Ql: 94.61305, Dam: 0.0.

d2b77faec2e36449ec87b4964594bedc.png

idk when.. but snow gathered last winter.. ql 99.00  (imo seems off, but don't have any other info to confirm anything)

no idea if random high peaking damage on snow is normal but normally these can last 3 months irl before some decay completely

can't say if it's alarming but all snow have damage atm, least amount is 9.49dmg

as a hint.. somebody in bug report had recently something about larders.. maybe somebody tinkered with the code for larders and decay.. intentionally or not, amount of time spent on affinity food is insane, it's no joke that real life meal takes less time to prepare compared to wurm's run from this to that larder for x amount of random ingredients and prepare them in "random" ways to get exact right numbers which add up to get what you aim for...

such change requires wsa and time before pushing live

Edited by Finnn
  • Like 3

Yeah, this is extremely frustrating. I've already lost a few affinity meals to this nerf/bug/BS. In the past, I've had my 99ql snowballs actually last thru 3 full wurm years because I've forgotten to collect snowballs. This wurm year, I'm already at 40% damage, and some of my older and lesser ql foods are decaying significantly faster than ever before. Whatever you did devs, undo it, or as mentioned above I'll scrap the larders altogether and go with an LMC, which looks horrible in a kitchen setting.

If this is some ham-handed attempt to make us all buy LMC's with our Premium Awards, then shame on you devs. SHAME ON YOU!

To remove the shame, remove the nerf. Easy-peasy.

• Like 2

So this is likely a side effect of a bug we fixed that was preventing certain items from decaying at all if they had long enough decay intervals. Our newish weekly reset policy was causing many items to completely skip decay ticks on server resets and that was fixed recently while investigating why certain items seemed to never decay even off-deed. So while this is not a bug and is more or less going back to how it was when we reset less often we are considering some buffs to larders to account for this change so keep an eye out on the patch notes for that.

• Like 6

12 hours ago, Darklords said:

we are considering some buffs to larders to account for this change so keep an eye out on the patch notes for that.

Would be awesome if it happens b4 my pizzas decay to death - and also, if this was the original intention - my 99 QL snowball are taking huge damage, and I'm not certain they will last till next winter. Luckily i got many spares and am reshuffling my main larder ice box snowballs... just why intentionally make larders 99 QL snowballs decay such a huge amount they will not last till next winter?

Either way, thanks your post here w/ hopes a soon (I hope, very soon) larder buff.

• Like 2

I've been collecting data on decay under different conditions and environments, as it affects different sorts of items, since the beginning of this year. (As well as collecting similar data on beverage aging.)

There have been some very noticeable increases on decay rate overall since the July 5th patch, and it is most visible on a day-to-day level when it comes certain things, snowballs and food items in larders among them. It's also showed up markedly in collections of arrows and huge shod clubs kept under different conditions for purposes of collecting data on their rates of decay. For me this has been more informative than a problem, as it's hinted at a few things I'm now looking at more closely.

Edited by Avaxas
  • Like 2

Until things move from the "considering" phase.  I'll go ahead and put the remaining items into the LMC. 

• Like 2

Update - just checked some of my other larders. All of these larders are on deed, in completed buildings, deed upkeep 60+ days. As you can see all of them have 100 recently collected 99 QL snowballs in their iceboxes. (the snowballs are all date/timed when I collected them).

s1ZMSu4.jpg

nKhxhUF.jpg

uQWmtvS.jpg

BzkQfiL.jpg

So - while you guys are all hem haw'n round trying to consider how to get together and maybe think about what the least you can do to mildly buff the broken larders - ALL OF OUR SNOWBALLS ARE DECAYING.

I do not get this. Are you saying this is how the original larders were intended to work? I would never have used them EVER.

In any event - unless you can make them exactly as good as they were before u decided to break them - I got no use for them. This really makes me unhappy. I was one of your strongest larder supporters to. Such an awesome idea..now u got it so borked you are completely allowing them to destroy everybody's food.. you are allowing this. I'm watching it happen. Peoples snowballs and food are decaying right now. *shrugs* Is this gonna be one of them recurring problems like Indy caskets resetting to zero and not opening?

Maybe this issue is a tad more important than a 'we may consider later to buff the larders at some future update' sort of thing.

I don't run games , would not know how. Just would be nice (from my point of view) for an emergency update to stop larder decays till ur committee gets done maybe considering a larder buff at some future update.

• Like 2

By food he means meals/pizzas/etc.. for specific affinities made with the rng generators because the game is not providing any easier way, actually no way to target affinity.. anyway..

So these calculators roll 20-30 ingredient recipe, some items are steamed, fried, sausages require some cooked ingredients, etc etc.. chopping mincing stuff, frying again, all this have waiting on cooking timers again, it's not instant.. easily takes 20minutes ... and some are bugged or player makes a mistake and have to start over..

Imagine 50-100 of these.. and the time investment with some "full focus" to track the madness that cooking is...

They are replaceable, but the amount of focused time and actions to do that is insane, whatever this little tinkering was.. it's playing with something that really pisses off players(cooking) and at the same time all of it at once, this really needed some wsa and prompt fix, just imagine proper gm reaction to replace damaged from faulty code food - you'll need years unless you reset all damage on all food in larders.

• Like 3

If snowballs can't remain in the larder for at *minimum* one full Wurm Online year, and melt before the next season of snow, you'll be surprised at how short any fancy pizzas (or any other food) last.

The decay rate of snowballs issue therefore really should trump any assorted food decay rates. 

Once the snowballs are gone from decay, you really can't get any more to replace them till Wurm's calendar plods along to the next winter season's snow.

Yes, unique 'snowmen' are the source that provide the exception,  but snowballs from them are decaying faster too.

From my observations in-game, I'd like to note this issue of the faster-decaying snowballs happened well before the newer 'cedar items not decaying' patch and whatever changes were associated with it. It seemed to be from game patches happening this year before June at the latest.  At that time I'd noticed all of the snowballs in my on-deed in-building larder on Independance had decayed away to nothing (my fault for not collecting any snowballs from the snow that had just happened that season), and I was using my four snowmen's one snowball a day each's snowballs to replace them.

That's when I observed that those new snowballs put in the larder were getting decay faster than larder snowballs ever had before  even at QL 99. 

• Like 4

I too have been relying on my 8 snowmen statues to get me by lately, and before it would be 3 full Wurm snow seasons before I had to think about replacing them with a new set. I have no runes on my normal larder and its not super high quality and even that larder, on deed with upkeep indoors, was lasting three seasons... 

• Like 3

Gud'morning folks,

Thursday, Aug 25th, 2022 at 14:37 GMT

I am losing my cherished affinity Pizza's as well and other food that is wrapped and inside a larder with over 100 snowballs in the ice box.

100 Snow balls at 99 QL used to protect a larder through Two Winters, which was a nice feature IF someone happened to miss a winter or two due to RL keeping them away during the 3 days out of 42 one can collect snowballs.

In the past two weeks, all of our hunting lodges (which have Public Inns BTW), their larders are all of a sudden seeing their snowballs just melting away.  High QL wrapped meals i have stored their to feed us on our Mapping Surveys are just decaying away as the snowballs are melting very fast.

.... and my highly prized (wrapped) affinity pizzas are talking decay as if they were sitting on the floor out in the warm instead of inside a larder a larder with 100 snowballs still in the icebox.

-100 for this dis-improvement.

Please fix this... some of us do have RL lives...

.... and occasionally miss Winter, some times two in a row (which just happened to me and Skyefox).

We do not want to see a lot of hard work and time suddenly end up in a dripping puddle on the floor.

Yours sincerely,

a long time paying customer,

Hughmongus

• Like 5

I haven't noticed any damage to food since the start of this thread, unsure if any was caused before it, wrapped food in runed larder with runed shelves, normal 94ql larder

*food I care about is wrapped with wax paper

just chiming in to say that I too has noticed a very defined increse in dmg taken on food in larder.

instead of telling you all how the setup is im gonna say its been no issue since we started playing over a year ago, and now suddenly it is. so im confident we are doing it "right".

hope this is fixed since our affinity food is starting to take decay, some even abit more than i think is ok.

if its not a bug, this will force us to have to use a LMC for atleast the affinity-food for our toons. cant have 95ql wrapped food in supreme larder with 99ql snowballs take 10dmg every week inside a finished house, thats just not viable in the long run.

edit:

On 8/25/2022 at 4:50 PM, HughMongus said:

100 Snow balls at 99 QL used to protect a larder through Two Winters, which was a nice feature IF someone happened to miss a winter or two due to RL keeping them away during the 3 days out of 42 one can collect snowballs

This ^^

Pls look into this?

Edited by bunnlose
  • Like 2

Notices this this summer, for a whole year (rl) it has not been an issue, as long as we replaced our snowballs at winter, all food has stayed without decay in the larders. Now even the freshly made pizzas (wrapped and all) takes sudden, random decayticks in there and the snowballs definitly takes much more damage than ever before. We only use 99ql snowballs and we fill the box up whenever we can. Even replaced a couple of those with highest decay this winter with snowballs from a snowman, though only one snowman cant possibly keep up with this decay. I really prefer having our food in the larders instead of lmc, even though it means we will have to gather snowballs at winters and replace them. But at this rate..it wont be any point using them anymore and thats kinda sad. Whats the idea of having a larder if you cannot use it to store food anymore?

• Like 3

About that snow issue... have anything been done about the decaying, as it is still acting crazy..

65105dc6dbf61a293c62eecc5701c739.png

brand new snow.. and it's already damaged..😬

• Like 1

Logging started 2022-08-28

me dropping the old snow from 3 larders.. so this was gathered same day just before the listed events below(gathered around 10:20pm on 28.08 and there's damage already, just 2 days later)

grep -i "logging started\|drop.*snowba" _Event.2022-08.txt

3add6e5adadfec8be4eab9413142ef2f.png

Edited by Finnn

"OK", now food in larders also takes damage in bunches at once...

Should we rather sooner than later get PSA to stop using larders and buy LMC for food storage?

However it worked before have nothing to do with how it works now, it's bad and unreliable.

Edited by Finnn
  • Like 2