Sign in to follow this  
Muse

Bugs in Foraging since update

Foraging since todays update using Forage for Resources:

1) Iron rocks

After foraging for about half an hour in wild grass, I have found no iron rocks.

Please can you make sure everyone can still get these?  Thanks.

UPDATE: 

I searched for another three quarters of an hour using Foraging for Anything, and found no rocks.

I loaded a currently un-premmed toon with 2.xx Foraging skill and she found 1 iron rock after a few minutes.

I think the difficulty of iron rocks needs to be looked at so that everyone gets some.

This is currently a worry for folks who have no mine or rockface, or have unfortunately deeded somewhere without iron.

2) Also a typo:

[15:55:50] You are now too far away to resources.

should be

[15:55:50] You are now too far away to find resources.

Edited by Muse
  • Like 2

while at it.. foraging I think.. could be botanizing.. on rock tile is possible(it's the rummaging), problem is - it doesn't at all care about player skill - it just gives you ql1 rockiron

-- 

this is really really old behavior btw.. just while at it.. it's doing it and ignores skill, just adding in case it's worth fixing it to account any skill

Edited by Finnn

The bug still exists. No single iron rock in foraging (I am doing it daily for about 30-45 minutes for/bot together, yielding 150-250 foraging items).

• Like 1

That the higher skilled foragers find very rarely "iron rock" while the low skilled characters have a much better chance, was intended. I think these were the patch notes:

https://www.wurmpedia.com/index.php/Wurm_Server_Release_Notes_2016

• Made chance on getting rock when foraging depend on inverse skill. e.g. more likely to get it on low skill.

This makes sense to me, since new players may really need that first iron somehow, while old players have much more ways to get themselves iron. If it had a normal chance, it would hinder the chance of foraging other things they're after. We have so many things added in the foraging table over and over again, that it's really rare to find fairly regular things sometimes. However, it is still possible to get it, at least at 80+ foraging. I don't know at 90+.

• Like 1

Hello :) I've added the text error to the list and I've checked with the team, the rest is as intended. 

• Like 1

Thanks @Majelika

The problem is, at 100 foraging skill I am getting NO iron rocks at all - even after searching for hours. 

I don't think higher players should be penalised in this way, we should all have the chance of *some* iron rock.

Before hitting 100 foraging (before the update) I was at least getting some, but now NONE.

That can't be right.

Are you foraging on grass tiles only? rockiron is specific to only that tile type, doesn't seem to come from tree/bush/steppe/marsh/tundra, haven't tried moss

I am foraging in grass and tree tiles mainly, and had an average of 1-4 iron rocks before the bug. My foraging/botanizing sessions last 25-40 minutes every day, and yield150-200 foraging items (no fix time, but skill gain goal).

Edited by Ekcin

On 8/25/2022 at 5:47 PM, Majelika said:

Hello :) I've added the text error to the list and I've checked with the team, the rest is as intended. 

Still curious why it is intended that iron rocks completely vanished from resource foraging, and why there was no notice in the patch notes.

3 hours ago, Ekcin said:

Still curious why it is intended that iron rocks completely vanished from resource foraging, and why there was no notice in the patch notes.

Ya, I could see how getting sometimes a 100 chunk of iron would be nice.

Even the humble ql99.20 iron rocks were funny, not really outstanding for me, I have thousands of ql100 lumps and can mine more anytime, but if you stumbled over a forge underway you could smelt it to a nice .80kg lump for some repairs underway.. So some variety in Wurm destroyed, sad. For someone with lower mining skill it could be even more useful. I recall how I loved these lumps for imping when my mining was lower than my foraging. And still I fail to see any use in that stealth nerf, just undermining the confidence into the team.

Edited by Ekcin
  • Like 2

57 minutes ago, kordethbludscythe said:

my Geornee got an iron rock 2 days ago while maintaining the orchards at Fir Retreat

at what skill, think the issue is only appearing at close to 100 skill

17 hours ago, Finnn said:

my geornee is 70 skill bot and 69 skill  forage

My stantonbludscythe on melody got 5 iron rocks last night and he is only in the 40 skill range for those

On 9/7/2022 at 8:38 PM, Finnn said:

My Foraging is at 84, and I don't get any Iron Rock anymore, so the problem appears not only at close to 100 skill. 

you need to rummage rock tiles for iron rocks. The chance that they drop reduces as your foraging level increases. 

yes, but the drop rate for iron rocks from foraging on grass tiles went from lets say 1-3 iron rocks in 20 min to no  iron rocks at all since the patch and the change of skill level for that time period is probably less than 1 lvl.