Sign in to follow this  
DevBlog

Patch Notes 16-Aug-2022

• Bugfix: Ebony/molten speed bonus now applies to hitched animals
  • Bugfix: New Necklaces from treasure hunting are now improvable.
  • Bugfix: Unique skulls are now decorations.
    • Unique hats: Crown of the Troll King and Goblin Leader War Bonnet will now no longer show leather as the tool required to imp them when viewed in inventory.
  • Bugfix:  It is no longer possible to open dirty caskets/sealed bottles that you did not drop/place.
  • Change: Archaeology and Restoration Rebalance
    • Getting runes will now be slightly easier when combining archaeology fragments.
    • The following actions now reduce the chance to receive runes:
      • Using the incorrect tool on restoration steps
      • Failing an identify action
      • Failing a combine action
    • Instantly identified fragments will now give a better chance of runes.
    • Wood fragments will now say wood instead of birchwood.
    • When combining a basic metal item the chance of iron is now improved at higher levels.
    • When combining an alloy metal item the chance of steel is now improved at higher levels.
    • When getting runes or casts on combined archaeology items it will now consider an item a tool before a weapon if it is considered both. This prevents tools that are also weapons from getting only weapon runes and casts.
    • Rebalanced casts on combined archaeology items to be considerably higher power on average and based on restoration skill.
    • The odds of getting a spell cast on a restored item have been roughly cut in half.
    • It is now possible to get 5 runes where a bug prevented this in the past.
    • A hatchet is now considered a tool and will get tool runes.
    • A bush will no longer detract from a tile’s archaeology value.
    • The top tier of fragments has been made possible to achieve by easing the requirements a bit.
    • A bug preventing sand from becoming investigable more than once per server restart has been fixed.
    • Enchantment success runes now reduce difficulty instead of increasing bonus.
    • Mend runes are now any target
    • Tool tips will now show rune names and abbreviations
    • All bulk items will not get runes or casts so they can be stored easily
    • Planks have been added to the drop table
    • Arrow shafts have been removed from the drop table
    • Partially identified fragments will now better reflect what they are (wooden, metal, weapon, etc)
    • You can now smelt items with enchantments and runes by confirming the action via a popup.
    • Mini tokens will now indicate direction to their associated deed.
    • Tin ore no longer shows as a metal fragment on second stage of investigation
    • Transferring servers with unidentified fragments should no longer make them revert to iron and steel.
    • Crude shovels will no longer be wooden fragments
    • Moon metal fragment drop rate in caches has been doubled
  • Change: Difficulty and quality formulas for various nature actions have been changed to use your entire skill value instead of only the whole number portion.
    • For example, at 99.5 skill, quality and difficulty will be based on that value of 99.5 instead of just 99. This will usually result in slightly higher-quality results when foraging, botanizing, harvesting from trellises, picking pottery planters, and searching for fishing items (grubs, wurms, bark, and twigs).
  • Change: The “Improve an Armour Piece to 80QL” journal goal can now be completed by improving a shield to 80QL, not just body armour. The goal’s text has been changed to reflect this.
  • Change: Ore ql is no longer capped at 99.9999 and can now be mined at 100 with rare+ or imbued tools if you have 100 skill.
  • Change: The  /me chat command no longer works in Help related channels.
  • Change: Updated time until able to breed timer to be accurate and use a timestamp.
  • New: Added a new title for 100 in Hammer skill. Congratulations Nineol!
  • Like 10

13 minutes ago, DevBlog said:

New: Added a new title for 100 in Hammer skill. Congratulations Nineol!

Congrats Nineol!!!!

• Like 1

All good stuff. Grats Nineol, is there any title left you still haven't gotten round to yet ? :D

• Like 3

Some good archae tweaks in here.

Almost makes me want to go exploring again.

Good change , its been somehow unbalanced this looks more like going towards a better area of a goal, Hey Nineol Congrats to 100 Hammer Title ^^

• Like 1

Improveable pirate hat - when?

[16:10:07] <Finn> event/rare content "drops" which are worn and can take damage in combat... should be possible to maintain

Any chance to fix/make event statues from treasures/pumpkin-terror/mini deer and ram etc.. witch hat and so on improveable and maintainable items at last?

rift shoulder pads - improveable at last??

what about... that other item/s I'm forgetting to mention atm...

• Like 1

Gratz Nineol !!

52 minutes ago, DevBlog said:

Mini tokens will now indicate direction to their associated deed.

How do we get this to work? Does it work on old mini tokens, I've got a mini token here.. is it a right click option?

• Like 1

Just now, TeeeBOMB said:

How do we get this to work? Does it work on old mini tokens, I've got a mini token here.. is it a right click option?

Just examine it, the last sentence gives the distance and direction.

• Like 2

Thanks *so much* Devs for fixing the gathered items QL.

It was so rewarding to go botanizing again.

I really feel the Devs are listening to us right now.

• Like 2

The archaeology changes are cool but I'm super sad about the "fix" to ebony/molten horses. 😭

Suggestion here:

• Like 1

Few questions?

"Bugfix: Ebony/molten speed bonus now applies to hitched animals"
- there's no way in the game to hint and explain or note when specific type of horse skin gives also a bonus; 
- it's same problem we long ago asked for titles and some sort of hint inside the game about the benefits from wearing specific titles and doing actions related to same skills;

Simple things, why do we need random thoughts, questions, ca-help tmi tips or wurm online guide to learn any of this, why doesn't the game itself show it in some way with the UI?

"Bugfix: New Necklaces from treasure hunting are now improvable."
Cool, plenty of event items and other treasure found items are still impossible to improve, what makes these or the other special to allow one type to be improved and maintained and other not?

"Bugfix:  It is no longer possible to open dirty caskets/sealed bottles that you did not drop/place."
I get this was never intended or planned to be "decoration", and it's not a bug but misuse of the planned behavior for such item, but if that's a problem, why wasn't it made so to open these - you need to just hold the item in inventory to allow destruction of the item and pulling the map item(really simple solution to allow initial and player intended behavior), makes the item more flexible.. if you cant pick it up, you can't open it, no need to put permissions to it and make it complex like sleeping bags.

1. "The following actions now reduce the chance to receive runes:"
2. "Instantly identified fragments will now give a better chance of runes."

- 1. ONE question about the great(big, huge improvement) change to how arch frags work: 
Can we get some sort of value spec shown for the items, based on skill or something... as there's no way to track when you identify fragments, which had a failed action and loss of value, etc -> this creates some mad scenario for the players to track every single action to min-max results, from a fun skill and game activity it turns into some min-maxing hell to get the fun item rolls now.
- 2. Any chance to mark these also? Maybe | or * or any kind of symbol counting upwards or downwards and to be added to item's name?
Just wondering if we could get some hint for item's potential.

"Tool tips will now show rune names and abbreviations"
this is big if it works for inventory's active item bottom line and toolbelt slots at last

• Like 1

Found some bugs in Foraging since the update, I will add more if I find more :) 

1 hour ago, Finnn said:

"Tool tips will now show rune names and abbreviations"
this is big if it works for inventory's active item bottom line and toolbelt slots at last

it doesn't work

these tooltips just lack the modern client tooltip behavior and do not show runes or enchants for these two locations

Edited by Finnn

Wooden fragments from before the update are still made of birchwood, and they won't combine with the new ones that are now just 'wood'. It gives the message "[20:49:10] The fragments look like they might fit together if they were made of the same material."

I have run into the same problem as Vorticella. Branch fragment, wood won't combine with branch fragment, birchwood.

The same goes for my shaft, tenon and peg fragments. And my arrow shaft fragment has been turned into a plank fragment, just as it is supposed to, but it's birchwood and won't combine with a plank fragment, wood.

Other than that, very nice update. I like how the tool fragments now include other tools and not only file, nails and trowel. ❤️

21 hours ago, Finnn said:

1. "The following actions now reduce the chance to receive runes:"
2. "Instantly identified fragments will now give a better chance of runes."

- 1. ONE question about the great(big, huge improvement) change to how arch frags work: 
Can we get some sort of value spec shown for the items, based on skill or something... as there's no way to track when you identify fragments, which had a failed action and loss of value, etc -> this creates some mad scenario for the players to track every single action to min-max results, from a fun skill and game activity it turns into some min-maxing hell to get the fun item rolls now.
- 2. Any chance to mark these also? Maybe | or * or any kind of symbol counting upwards or downwards and to be added to item's name?
Just wondering if we could get some hint for item's potential.

This is something I understand and also is kind of confusing. You only Identifie fragments when using a shovel, but using a shovel has a higher difficulty so on average the fragments will be lower in value right? I would love some clarifications here if it’s just to basically counter this when it happen.

Then to 1. I am really torn on one side I love having all the numbers on the other side I do not think it fit Wurm. So the compromise would be similar to distance maybe some brackets during examine like "This old Fragment from the Wilderness/a Outpost(deed, not deed) looks quite poor/of average Value/quite Valuable/like contain mystery and wealth"

At least something like this would be good since to my knowledge the point value is not proportional to the QL of the fragments.

Edited by Radircs
Mostly spelling

Some old tokens, and also new tokens, no longer show deed details - or direction. Instead showing as being "distant lands" even when they are for deeds on the same server.

22 hours ago, DevBlog said:

When combining a basic metal item the chance of iron is now improved at higher levels.

Are you sure this is working? 99.49 restoration here, and i seem to get even more non iron than before

Assembled 42 weapons/tools/shields, most from cache i discovered after update(reports were made before update though), and patched missing parts with some fragments i cleaned before update. I've got 16 iron items out of 42

14 hours ago, Radircs said:

This is something I understand and also is kind of confusing. You only Identifie fragments when using a shovel, but using a shovel has a higher difficulty so on average the fragments will be lower in value right? I would love some clarifications here if it’s just to basically counter this when it happen.

You don't need a shovel to get instantly identified fragment, it's just a high roll

I don't have as much skill as Kochinac but I did go and gather 189 fragments from catches. 96 were statue but of the rest only 3 of the tools/armor were iron. No steel.  upper 80s arch and upper 70s resto.  Seemed way worse than normal. 

Sign in to follow this