Sign in to follow this  
DevBlog

Patch Notes 16-Aug-2022

1 hour ago, Eleraan said:

I don't have as much skill as Kochinac but I did go and gather 189 fragments from catches. 96 were statue but of the rest only 3 of the tools/armor were iron. No steel.  upper 80s arch and upper 70s resto.  Seemed way worse than normal. 

How many tools and armour pieces did you make? Steel only specifically comes from alloy.  

Might go dig some up to check this out myself

Maybe a dozen items? I didn't keep that much of a track. Just after I got done and was looking at my few iron items I thought it was odd. 

On 8/17/2022 at 4:59 AM, kochinac said:

Assembled 42 weapons/tools/shields, most from cache i discovered after update(reports were made before update though), and patched missing parts with some fragments i cleaned before update. I've got 16 iron items out of 42

Iron probability is  based on the identification value of the fragments which is rolled based on tool ql and skill for each identification action as well as if you're using the correct tool. It also only reaches 50% at a maximum.

Before now it was not possible to get iron at high levels of ID power but very likely at low levels of ID power. I assume if you're not getting iron now there is a flaw in your process somewhere. 

20 minutes ago, jaytoo said:

Iron probability is  based on the identification value of the fragments which is rolled based on tool ql and skill for each identification action as well as if you're using the correct tool. It also only reaches 50% at a maximum.

Before now it was not possible to get iron at high levels of ID power but very likely at low levels of ID power. I assume if you're not getting iron now there is a flaw in your process somewhere. 

Well subjective feeling is that I was getting much more iron before, nothing changed in the process. Although this things are quite impossible to test with certainty.

Fragments from example was from top tier deeds mostly with 40-50 years of inhabitance, some abandoned 10-20 years ago some 30-40. Using 95 supreme chissel and 80ish ql regular brush(might need to bump this one). 90-80 % of the fragments were from the caches though, not obtained through investigation. Haven't tried with normal fragments yet.

Out of aprox 600 cache fragments I've got one moonmetal plate piece, and astoningly sad small amount of alloys(maybe dozen)...

Also I noticed there is a bug with small shield frgament, it doesn't have type. It doesn't say if it's metal or alloy or moonmetal if it's even possible to get those, large shield fragments shows type correctly.

I honestly think that better solution for iron problem would be to introduce alchemy update with metal transmutation as I described in my thread about archaeology, instead of bumping iron rate, which doesn't really solve the problem.

Btw forgot to tell, enchants are much more pleasant now. It's not as common, but when I got those it was pretty decent power, even got few items with 100 power of coc, woa and aosp.

Runes seems ok, but still, idk, does anyone really use tools assembled on arch over made tools cuz of that runes, they are still mess for me as the usability is concerned, and most of them will go to trash or be smelted or sacced for the missions.

Cache fragments tend to be higher tier (full tools, armor) and thus higher in difficulty which would result in less iron probability. This is compounded by the fact that before now that same situation would have resulted in more iron. Basically more runes is more iron now where before more runes was less iron. I think you will see better iron results in non cache.

5 minutes ago, kochinac said:

Btw forgot to tell, enchants are much more pleasant now. It's not as common, but when I got those it was pretty decent power

Thank you that was the goal. 5 aosp on a plate glove was just a slap in the face.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, kochinac said:

does anyone really use tools assembled on arch over made tools cuz of that runes, they are still mess for me as the usability is concerned

High level players with ideal tools would probably feel this way because an upgrade to ideally constructed and runed tool is quite rare. But it does happen. For the casual player or ironman player who doesn't use the market this is a viable way to attain general upgrades.

1 hour ago, jaytoo said:

in translation before low ql tools were possible to solidify iron base, now nothing does it better than 50%?

This is not better situation, while previous code provided options, this one is at best coinflip gamble

The hard thing to understand as a player is why do we strive to achieve "greatness" by grinding high skills if that provides no benefits.

Better system is the flexible one, focus on this or that, that exists in many old aspects of the game, it's natural to progress and get better or at least such is the expectation. 

• Like 1

I've never been that bothered with runes. For myself, getting iron for tools and (in contrast) silver/gold/electrum/bronze metal statues is far more important.  From the initial elation of getting a supreme tool fragment, my heart drops like a stone when a tool is not iron/steel. 

Edited by Muse

On 8/17/2022 at 5:59 AM, kochinac said:

Are you sure this is working? 99.49 restoration here, and i seem to get even more non iron than before

Assembled 42 weapons/tools/shields, most from cache i discovered after update(reports were made before update though), and patched missing parts with some fragments i cleaned before update. I've got 16 iron items out of 42

I came to this thread to see if anyone else has noticed this. Its seems a bit subjective but I thought it was enough to notice and come searching the forums.  93arch, 83resto and I feel like i'm getting more non iron/steel...

1 hour ago, jaytoo said:

Cache fragments tend to be higher tier (full tools, armor) and thus higher in difficulty which would result in less iron probability.

hmm, this still is the original problem, if we get rare fragment that is whole tool or armor,  it's again pray to all four that it is iron/steel

38 minutes ago, Muse said:

I've never been that bothered with runes. For myself, getting iron for tools and (in contrast) silver/gold/electrum/bronze metal statues is far more important.  From the initial elation of getting a supreme tool fragment, my heart drops like a stone when a tool is not iron/steel. 

Just made a rare gold scythe with decent runes... from non cache fragments. Well shiny and glows but a strange tool.

17 minutes ago, Jaz said:

Just made a rare gold scythe with decent runes... from non cache fragments. Well shiny and glows but a strange tool.

Would you consider using normal golden rake instead of rare iron +tending runed(worth ~2-4silver at most with 90+woa or botd)?

Just for anyone wondering, I'll happily buy the supreme not iron stuff.  

• Like 1

Big Grats to Nineol!

Also This - 

• Change: The “Improve an Armour Piece to 80QL” journal goal can now be completed by improving a shield to 80QL, not just body armour. The goal’s text has been changed to reflect this.

Woohoo!!!

So it looks like a patch note was overlooked during the update, and we apologize for that!

• Change: Updated time until able to breed timer to be accurate and use a timestamp.

It has now been added to the original post.

• Like 3

Sign in to follow this