Sign in to follow this  
DaletheGood

Help with duplicate Towers

Hiya all,

We're nearing 1,000 Guard Towers on the map, and I've been going thru the list looking for duplicates and other issues. I need your help in correcting or confirming these discrepancies.

Guard Tower Chaosthief 538 is listed at both 5845, 2326 and at 5842, 2824 - which seems like a typo to me  My bad, there were two listings of virtually the same number, I mistyped one.

Guard Tower Eoin 114 or Eion 114 is listed at the same location, 6762, 6427. Need the correct spelling please. @Horothewisehas it listed as Eoin, @sgtscumas Eion

Guard Tower Gatling 450 is listed at both 3181, 424 and 3156, 359

Guard Tower Greyfox 690 is listed at both 1182, 1270 and 1639, 1451

Guard Tower Kravit 82 has 3 locations listed, at 5517, 1250 and 5538, 1353 and 5560, 1116

Guard Tower Leaflett at 4159, 3572 has no number listed.  My bad, I missed copying over the number when inputting the tower.

Guard Tower Macq 946 is listed at both 4228, 1397 and 4730, 1121  Going to assume that duplicates are not wrong given the info below in this thread

Guard Tower Pinehollow Station at 2554, 5469 has no number listed.  (@puncherlisted it )

Guard Tower Redspark 114 is listed at both 6239, 6601 and 3240, 6602 - which looks like a typo to me  My bad, there were two listings of virtually the same number, I mistyped one.

Guard Tower Wattle 66 is listed at both 6118, 3362 and 5843, 3356

Guard Tower Wattle 978 is listed at both 6378, 3356 and 5894, 3356

Guard Tower Wattle 986 is listed at both 5740, 3256 and 6490, 3356

That's all the issues I've found so far. If you see others please let me know. Thanks all :)

Edit: Given the information below in this thread, I'm going to assume that duplicates without typos on my part (which there were a couple and are fixed) are correct.

Which leaves us with just a couple of items on the list: The correct spelling of Eoin/Eion 114, and a number for the Pinehollow Station tower (which seems like an odd name for a player). Other than that the list looks pretty clean.

Edited by DaletheGood
updated
  • Like 1

I've found 4 sets (so 8 towers total) of "twins" on Harmony alone -- same creator name, same ID#. Much smaller and much younger island than Xanadu, and already 4 pairs..... I wonder if some of these on your list are also "twins". Good luck.

Edited by Lovelie
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, DaletheGood said:

Guard Tower Gatling 450 is listed at both 3181, 424 and 3156, 359

XzUPMis.png

• Like 1

Wondering - haven't checked it out, but the times towers have duplicate names and numbers, are they different styles of towers?  

4 hours ago, DaletheGood said:

Guard Tower Greyfox 690 is listed at both 1182, 1270 and 1639, 1451

That's all the issues I've found so far. If you see others please let me know. Thanks all :)

1182, 1270 community map posting(On page 21 posted by me(Gorgain)  &  1639,1451 (on page 24 by Wulfmaer)

Sailed out and road out to both places:

- 1639,1461 is incorrect no tower there. 

- 1182, 1270 confirmed this tower is correct. Also player named (Corner Stower)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Spacy said:

Wondering - haven't checked it out, but the times towers have duplicate names and numbers, are they different styles of towers?  

Not necessarily (and not possible on my example like NFI Harmony)

Edited by Lovelie

17 hours ago, Spacy said:

They don't have to be. They're just duplicate. People who create many -ish towers can end up with duplicates, it seems the algo to generate "random" numbers ain't very smart. For example, a player who has made around 30 towers saw, I think, 4x of their IDs repeat on 4x other towers they've made.

For maps and other purposes, it would be nice if the builders rename them, since the rename will show up on the treasure map, in addition to builder name and ID.

20 hours ago, DaletheGood said:

Guard Tower Kravit 82 has 3 locations listed, at 5517, 1250 and 5538, 1353 and 5560, 1116

I reported the first two of those, and they really are two different towers. I do not know about the third one.

3 minutes ago, Anarres said:

it seems the algo to generate "random" numbers ain't very smart.

The number is a basic hash of the internal object ID. There's no attempt to make them distinct.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Wulfmaer said:

XzUPMis.png

My bad. Sorry for not searching in the topic for these first. The hazards of early morning map maintenance I guess.

16 hours ago, gorgian said:

1182, 1270 community map posting(On page 21 posted by me(Gorgain)  &  1639,1451 (on page 24 by Wulfmaer)

Sailed out and road out to both places:

- 1639,1461 is incorrect no tower there. 

- 1182, 1270 confirmed this tower is correct. Also player named (Corner Stower)

Thanks for that. Again, apologies to all for not doing a search thru the topic and clearing up some of these before posting this.

I renamed the one at 1182,1270 to Greyfox 690 (Corner Stower) and took out the one in the middle of that lake. Thanks again :)

1 hour ago, Lisimba said:

I reported the first two of those, and they really are two different towers. I do not know about the third one.

Appreciate that. As mentioned above, very sorry for not doing a bit more investigative work on these, i.e. searching the topic for these, first.

1 hour ago, Lisimba said:

The number is a basic hash of the internal object ID. There's no attempt to make them distinct.

Ahh, that makes sense then that there'd be duplicates. Thanks for the explanation :)

22 hours ago, Lisimba said:

I know you scratched this off already Dale, but I can confirm from deep pain that there are indeed "Three" Kravit 82 towers, I made a bug post and a /support, and though Belisama confirmed the third did exist she of course could not give me any clues. So I continued my search and eventually found the darn thing of course on the tippity top of a mountain.

Also, I see you apologizing a few times in this thread, you do a lot of volunteer work for the community so I personally feel no apology needed, thank you.

Edited by Huserx
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, DaletheGood said:

My bad. Sorry for not searching in the topic for these first. The hazards of early morning map maintenance I guess.

Not a problem, I ended up revisiting both those towers to double check when I spotted them.

Also Greyfox 690 is not at 1639,1451 (on page 24 by Wulfmaer) - I guess I clicked on the map to bring it back on top, rather than alt-tab, and didn't notice the marker had moved.

Just ran an alt down by PineHollow Station its builder/number is Numdain 394

Edited by Wulfmaer
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Huserx said:

you do a lot of volunteer work for the community so I personally feel no apology needed

I appreciate that Huser :) but still feel bad when I mess up

1 hour ago, Wulfmaer said:

Just ran an alt down by PineHollow Station its builder/number is Numdain 394

Awesome, Thanks for that :)

Which leaves us with just the one outstanding issue:

On 8/15/2022 at 9:58 AM, DaletheGood said:

Guard Tower Eoin 114 or Eion 114 is listed at the same location, 6762, 6427. Need the correct spelling please. @Horothewisehas it listed as Eoin, @sgtscumas Eion

Anyone who happens to be in that area and can confirm which name is correct will earn my undying gratitude :) or at least a hearty thank you, lol

On 8/15/2022 at 7:58 PM, DaletheGood said:

Guard Tower Pinehollow Station at 2554, 5469 has no number listed.  (@puncherlisted it )

The actual id for that tower is Numdain 394

10 hours ago, Horothewise said:

The actual id for that tower is Numdain 394

Thanks :) Wulfmaer gave me that yesterday. Appreciate it though :)

On 8/15/2022 at 7:58 PM, DaletheGood said:

It's not far for me, so I quickly sailed there in favorable winds to confirm my spelling to be correct, here's proof

hiCVtD7.jpg

5 hours ago, Horothewise said:

It's not far for me, so I quickly sailed there in favorable winds to confirm my spelling to be correct, here's proof

hiCVtD7.jpg

Awesome! Thanks Horo :)