Sign in to follow this  
Wurmhole

Easy Reinforcement Removal for the Installer

I suggest we make reinforcements much like a catseye.  The person that installs them should have the ability to easily remove them.  It seems like the game mechanics exist to make it possible.  It would be such a boon to the underground highway and boat canal builders.  Reinforce it as you go, then go back and decide where you need side tunnels to other highways and deeds.  As it is now, it is far too easy to make a simple mistake that could take days or weeks to undo, unless the goal is to make people drop deeds for every mistake.  That just seems a tad harsh.

Make it retroactive?  Probably a bad idea for pvp servers, but a great idea for pve servers.  There are so many tunnels I've reinforced over the last decade that could use some tweaks.

• Like 3

Yeah, I'd be in favor of this. If I've put up reinforcement in a mine or tunnel and decide later that I want to change it, I should be able to with relative ease.

• Like 2

walls don't remember who reinforced them, it'd be a massive undertaking to add a "creator" to each tile, and frankly I don't think it's worth the effort.

This is one of those situations that I think could benefit in niche scenarios moving forward, but ultimately I'd rather see the time prioritised elsewhere 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Archaed said:

time prioritised elsewhere

Ya, but was a good idea anyways.

Just don't break Wurm.

I agree to Archaed. Reinforcements are often  a hazzle, but also protect the integrity of tunnels and other off deed structures. The idea could be nice if there were a reasonable way to implement it. Otherwise please no.

• Like 1

On 8/16/2022 at 2:16 PM, Archaed said:

walls don't remember who reinforced them, it'd be a massive undertaking to add a "creator" to each tile, and frankly I don't think it's worth the effort.

This is one of those situations that I think could benefit in niche scenarios moving forward, but ultimately I'd rather see the time prioritised elsewhere 

But is it any different than a catseye? Devs could have just made cats not remember who placed them and have all off deed cats be difficult to remove, but they set them up to retain that detail.  Seems reinforcements could just get a similar treatment. 

49 minutes ago, Wurmhole said:

But is it any different than a catseye? Devs could have just made cats not remember who placed them and have all off deed cats be difficult to remove, but they set them up to retain that detail.  Seems reinforcements could just get a similar treatment. 

Well it is diffrent. A Reinforced tile is propably handled as a tile variant so is basicly nothing more then change one tile type to another while cats eyes most likely handeld like planted items.

Its a bit like you want to know who changed a tile from dirt to sand. There is most likely no storage into the database. you could maybe add a fake item into the wall when ever you reinforce a tile but other then this I do not see a easy way to implement this even with being in favor of it.

that makes a lot of sense Radircs.  I guess I could log into WU and see if I can change the type of a mine wall and if reinforced is one of the types.  That would pretty much confirm it.  THen I'd have to agree that it is too much work to consider it as an option. 

• Like 1

On 8/16/2022 at 12:28 PM, DaletheGood said:

Yeah, I'd be in favor of this. If I've put up reinforcement in a mine or tunnel and decide later that I want to change it, I should be able to with relative ease.

I agree.