Sign in to follow this  
LesW

Memorial to the Past: Personal project to a fallen gamer.

Memorial to the Past: Personal project to a fallen gamer.

A couple years in my own past, I met a man who really opened up the of role playing games and the fun of seat of the pants gaming during DnD Sessions. Sadly “Krevil” His fallen paladins deity name. Did not spend a Long time at the table with me and Badcartoon (Co-founder of the Memorial of the past). After a few years knowing him the many years of him giving up on his health and spending what time he had left with friends. Died from a heart attack. Memorial to the Past, started as a thought for space on Ritestone Keep, near Encore, but during one of the no healing materials hunts that we are known for. We came across the Island that is now the deeds home, The landscape and the difficulty of the island felt like another “Krevil Knows his rules” moment that he would often throw at us we he felt we where being unrulely at the table. Second we crossed the Bridge the fight started, low on cotton all we could do is push for encore and hope for survival. When we both made that last bridge and turned back to the island filled with monsters we had to fight and run and many unlooted bodies. We knew it. Krevil would have been so surprised we lived through that, like we had always seem’d to do. “After checking us for bad dice:”("Which where his") ~Badcartoon

Now that the story is out of the way. The first Monument will be dedicated to the GM that made me a requested one among my friends, and really brought me out of my shell during a rough time. But theirs more. After Consulting with BadC we’re thinking of turning this into a community project where players themselves can come honor a friend who’d love this game, or who had. Leave your own mark, come visit see what’s changed make alterations to what you’ve left. Pay your respects, or offer some time with a chisel to make some bricks. I’m wanting to run if off of Just a caretaker for now. Only building for himself is a shack. And supplies are donated by the community to assist in turning this desolate island that would put any player to the test. In to a Memorial not just to my past, or BadC’s, but to the gamer who we did or didn’t know that we all wish everyone could meet.

R.I.P Krevil, miss ya buddy.

Edited by LesW
Typos and BadC Ancidot
  • Like 4

Call out to the warriors who blew through and cleared the monsters so Clayw can move about without fear. If you're looking for a project, The highway needs a good extension of catseyes and leveling,  + 1 waystone, to put the deed on the system. Contact me for permissions if you'd like to assist or any materials you might be needing to craft.

I'm on SFI, so my help is limited.  I'm decent with sketchup and deedplanning software if you need help there

Can also help out with material procurement 

Adding the need For an enchanted Mailbox, nothing major not much is going to be "Going out" but this will make it easier to get supplies to Clayw During the start-up of the initial parts of the Memorial.

Update... Due to location of the memorial, I have spoken with my 2nd in regards to the difficulty of support a 2nd deed on the opposite side of the map. We are Currently Scouting for a better location closer to deed. We'll keep you guys posted on future plans once a location is located. The Mission statement will stay the same, the location can be recreated.