Sign in to follow this  
DaletheGood

[Close Please]

I need workers at my project. I've got shards that need to be turned into bricks, clay and sand that need to be turned into mortar, and if you like digging there's that as well. There will also occasionally be logs that need to be turned into planks and shafts, and iron that needs to be turned into nails, ribbons and chain links. You chose the work you want to do within the needs I have at the moment, but I'll always need mortar and bricks and digging - at least for the foreseeable future.

I pay 1 silver per 1,000 actions. I'll feed you high ql food. You'll have your own off-deed workspace accessible only to you and me with a bed so you can gain sleep bonus if you want. You get to keep and/or sell any rares made. If you want to work on your Animal Husbandry on your own time there's some animals to groom, or if you forage and botanize there's plenty of grassland for you to do so. There's also tons of animals, including a crocodile lair not far, if you want to skill up your fighting.

This work is at my place on Xanadu at K25 (https://xanadu.yaga.host/#7680,3706.) It is a bit remote, but the work is steady and the scenery is beautiful :)  I'm looking for consistently active players. I'll check every day or two and swap completed items for silver. If you haven't logged in for a couple weeks I'll pull the mats and finished items and ask you to send me a COD for the value of those completed items. You'll find that I'm a more than fair employer who treats you honestly and with respect and ask for that in return.

Message me here or in-game (same name) for more details or to arrange to start work :) Come be a part of this special project :)

Edit: I'm closing this post. Not because I don't need workers, I do, but because the scope of work offered has significantly increased. New post otw. Also, the unnecessary rancor over the job offer has clouded this post. Time to close it and try a new approach.

Edited by DaletheGood
syntax edit and additional clarification
  • Like 2

I'm not much interested into slavery labour positions, but if you need professional and highly qualified brick layer let me know. Only charge 1.5s per 500 bricks laid 👍

Are the Health Benefits good? 

In all seriousness this is a great way for players to earn some coin!

Spoiler

But seriously!!! I can use some good Health Benefits!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Skatyna said:

I'm not much interested into slavery labour positions, but if you need professional and highly qualified brick layer let me know. Only charge 1.5s per 500 bricks laid 👍

I'm not sure I'd classify this as slave labor, it seems like a standard rate of pay, 1 silver per 1,000 actions. It's why bricks normally sell at 2s/1k as it takes a bit less than 2K actions to make 1K of them. I'm also offering food, a bed, and the worker keeps the rares they made out of my mats. As for your um, generous(?) offer of laying bricks, I can put up a brick wall in under 2 minutes, so I'm good on that front. Thanks though, for your interest :)

Edited by DaletheGood
clarity
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, brattygirl said:

Well, I do offer free access to cotton to bandage any wounds you might receive while playing, as well as lots of enchanted grass to aid in the healing. And being in such a beautiful setting will surely do wonders for your overall well-being :)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DaletheGood said:

I'm not sure I'd classify this as slave labor

I call this slave labour as apart the coin you would pay that doesn't give you nothing else in return, primarily skill/body stat wise. You can make 10k bricks and your masonry won't even bulge, put that 10k bricks in the walls and your masonry gets a huge boost. 

standard rate of pay, 1 silver per 1,000 actions

Yes, that was standard rate of pay 12 years ago in Wurm. Pretty sure due to inflation in over a decade (player base shrink) the rate should be increased significantly, doubt you would want your workers going on strike while on your premises.

As for your um, generous(?) offer of laying bricks, I can put up a brick wall in under 2 minutes, so I'm good on that front. Thanks though, for your interest :)

That just proves my point - you are keen to do rewarding actions yourself. You could also make 20 bricks in a minute, that's double the speed you can build, but its not appealing, so you looking to outsource this :D

P.S. I'm not bashing your post, offers or anything at all. To people who like this sort of play its a good opportunity to have in-game job. 

I am confused why people makes an issue out of this post.
To me it is simple. the OP offered a job and if someone is interested in doing the work for whatever the reason it's a deal between the 2 of them.

If you think it is a bad deal or whatever close the tab move along. No need to comment. it's a simple case of supply and demand. If you not interested ignore it, it so simple.

I just don't get why there always has to be some people commenting on things that has nothing to do with them.

• Like 9

1 hour ago, brattygirl said:

So the next you want and retirement plan too? 🤣.

Spoiler

This is said in the same spirit Brattygirl has made her comment

• Like 1

Not sure why you are being contrary - man doesn't want to make all the bricks and mortar himself, willing to pay others to do it.  Either he gets folks, or not.  Instead of trolling and making crap and drama, do some research and see if the offer really is fair and honest (it is), if the person isn't being honest (he is), or if there really is any sort of injustice involved that needs to be addressed (don't think there is), just mind your own business.  

And, good solid health benefits there Dale.  Ever consider tossing in a bed to earn SB?

• Like 8

25 minutes ago, Skatyna said:

I call this slave labour as apart the coin you would pay that doesn't give you nothing else in return, primarily skill/body stat wise. You can make 10k bricks and your masonry won't even bulge, put that 10k bricks in the walls and your masonry gets a huge boost. 

This is why people pay others to do it instead of doing it themselves. It doesn't benefit them and there are other things they'd rather do with their time, like using the bulk mats. Just like any other job, you're paid for your time, not necessarily so you get skill or enjoyment out of your labor. He didn't post a job for a brick layer, he posted for someone to make bulk mats with his base materials. The compensation is absolutely fair on SFI where people have thousands of mats already lying around and high skills.

That said, Dale, what types of bricks do you need cut? I want to hang at home but happy to help you out. I'll even eat my own pizza ;)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Spacy said:

Ever consider tossing in a bed to earn SB?

In the original post:

4 hours ago, DaletheGood said:

You'll have your own off-deed workspace accessible only to you and me with a bed so you can gain sleep bonus if you want.

Look, I get why some wouldn't want the work @Skatynaand yeah, I could do the work faster myself, however I only have so many hours in the day to play, and would rather build things than make the bricks and mortar so I offer this to those who just want some coin for mindless work. Maybe they want to earn premium time as they return to the game, maybe they're newbs who just want a safe space to make some coin, build up some skills and characteristics, and learn a bit more about the game while doing so.  On SFI, the standard rate of pay is 1 silver / 1 K actions. This isn't something I've set arbitrarily, it's an accepted rate of pay by the majority of the community. If a player wants to mine the rock and make their own bricks they can sell those bricks for 2s/K, however they'd have to feed themselves, find or build a bed to sleep in and make a building to put the bed in, then find a buyer for the bricks and arrange transportation, etc. I offer a building with a bed, food when hungry, I'd even lend a horse if they want to go explore. I've had several people come here and work over the last couple of years, I might not be advertising for this if they were still playing on a regular, or hadn't moved on to other things in Wurm. Also, since I just made a bit of coin recently, I thought I'd open up this offer to more people in the hopes of moving this project along a little faster.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Seriphina said:

This is why people pay others to do it instead of doing it themselves. It doesn't benefit them and there are other things they'd rather do with their time, like using the bulk mats. Just like any other job, you're paid for your time, not necessarily so you get skill or enjoyment out of your labor. He didn't post a job for a brick layer, he posted for someone to make bulk mats with his base materials. The compensation is absolutely fair on SFI where people have thousands of mats already lying around and high skills.

That said, Dale, what types of bricks do you need cut? I want to hang at home but happy to help you out. I'll even eat my own pizza ;)

Hiya Seri :) I'll chat to you in-game and bring over some mats if you don't mind :)

• Like 1

Bumps all around. Still need people willing to make bricks and mortar from my mats. Benefits are good, pay is a little above standard (you keep the rares, and there's a 10% bonus every 10K/month), and the location is very beautiful.

• Like 1

I'm gonna send my alt over there. Me and him have been having issues and I need space lol.

• Like 3

the amount of effort and care Dale has put into the community is insane and honestly deserves the respect and recognition that comes with that. You keep Rockin on Dale and cool idea by the way!

• Like 2

offering terraforming services , check my classified ad post for further info

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Reflekted said:

offering terraforming services , check my classified ad post for further info

Let's chat :) What's your in-game name? I know I've seen you in chat, just can't remember the spelling exactly (coffee isn't kicking in this morning like it should, lol)