Sign in to follow this  
Ayuna

Wagoner AI question...

I was kinda impressed by the AI of a passing wagoner yesterday. I thought they only remarked the same things upon morning, evening, and bedtime. The passing wagoner remarked upon the beauty of a local mountain. It also remarked that it saw a hen and wanted to make an omelette. Is the latter really triggered when the wagoner sees a hen? - is my first question. I went to look for the hen, and found a dead one in what I think was the vicinity. Could it be that the wagoner killed a hen, or was it just remarking on a hen's body being there, dead or alive? 

Yet another fascinating moment in Wurm and I want answers....

You can choose whether it talks or not, how often it talks, and what it talks about. https://www.wurmpedia.com/index.php/Wagoner#Chat_options 

As for responding to specific stimuli, I have a feeling that it doesn't, but I'm not sure. A wagoner recently went through my local and made the sandcastles comment but didn't directly pass by my highway (the one which is near sand), but I could be wrong about that.

Right, the person who owns the wagoner contract can adjust its chat settings.

I imagine it doesnt respond to any specific stimuli. It might just be a pre set list of responses. However, I would love a comment from our dev team on this. Maybe I am completely wrong and it does respond to certain outter stimuli. 

11 minutes ago, LionIX said:

The wagoners are becoming sentient 😳

Imagine they were coded as sleeper agents and in a few years they will take over and the devs have been planning it the whole time lol. Its starting. 

3 minutes ago, Zachariah said:

Imagine they were coded as sleeper agents and in a few years they will take over and the devs have been planning it the whole time lol. Its starting. 

The space bunnies were a distraction! And we fell for it.