Sign in to follow this  
Anarres

Make caskets behave like arch reports when on other servers

When crossing servers, if caskets are in the ship, this mean bug will hit:

Apparently they drop at the bottom of the ocean... and it's a big ocean out there. 😓 I just bumped into this issue, it's scary I assure you!

But we have ingame other items which cannot be used on other servers, and can be dropped: arch reports. When they cross server, they cannot be read anymore, and obviously cannot be used. When we cross back to the server they came from, they can be read and used as usual. Why not make caskets/bottles behave the same way? It would help a lot, just let them go, in unreadable form, instead of this tricky mix of droppable but unpassable.

Alternatively, perhaps make it impossible to cross as long as they're in the ship hold? We have such case, too, can't cross at all with passengers that have disabled pvp servers. (though it seemed to not work recently but I saw some patch notes saying it was fixed) And the game checks already for their presence anywhere, in ship or inventory.

You can hold treasure maps, dirty caskets, and sealed bottles in your inventory while crossing servers. Unless something has changed recently. It acts like a deed, it will disappear from your inventory when you go to a different server but it will reappear in your inventory when you return to your home server. So if the ship-hold bug is fixed too, then it should be perfectly fine.

37 minutes ago, Lovelie said:

You can hold treasure maps, dirty caskets, and sealed bottles in your inventory while crossing servers. Unless something has changed recently. It acts like a deed, it will disappear from your inventory when you go to a different server but it will reappear in your inventory when you return to your home server. So if the ship-hold bug is fixed too, then it should be perfectly fine.

Yes, you can hold in inventory, but we're mere mortal wurmians, we don't always do what we ideally should. It is really handy sometimes to drop them, even if you mean for a short time. It was very convenient, for example, when I once left a few maps in a boat for an ally to come get on some other server than our home. We can't mail them cross-server, and we happen to play at different times. So the way to do it fast is was, leave them for them to collect. It worked, of course. That's dropping on a boat, though, a natural thing to do as long as the game allows you, but unfortunately that is what is bugged if you happen to cross servers.

Edited to clarify:

It might not be easy, I'm afraid, to make them reappear in ship's hold, if that's what you mean should happen, Lovelie. That's why I am brainstorming alternatives. But of course, you are correct that, if that's possible to just fix in a straightforward way, by all means, I'd be all for it.

Edited by Anarres

I don't like the disappearing trick. If I could take them all home I'd at least have an overview of what I have available on different servers.

• Like 1

makes sense to transfer, this is some odd behavior to not transfer with the player; be useless on other server like arch reports

makes it easy to brag in a trade window.. or make screenshot of what you have once you cross with a screenshot.. or w/e vs having to return to same server; also possible to sell or trade 1 map for another on another server on the spot.. instead of having 2 people play juggling and bouncing around the servers because we have epic kind of content that sits locked on 1 server and you just don't have it on the other

16 hours ago, Anarres said:

Edited to clarify:

It might not be easy, I'm afraid, to make them reappear in ship's hold, if that's what you mean should happen, Lovelie. That's why I am brainstorming alternatives. But of course, you are correct that, if that's possible to just fix in a straightforward way, by all means, I'd be all for it.

OHH, I see I misread and misunderstood your first post. I thought when you said the bug was fixed, that you meant the treasuremap-shiphold bug was fixed. Now I see you meant pvp crossing settings were fixed. I see now, and I think your suggestion could be a good possible solution.