Sign in to follow this  
rangerklypf

Cosmetic Armor/Robes for Priests (no spell bonus/detriment)

Okay, so we have lots of masks to choose from, a snowman head, a witch's hat. I'm suggesting a new armor type that is purely cosmetic so my priest of Fo isn't literally naked while capturing battle camps. I've found that Oakshell/Thornshell at a power of 80-99 allows me to 1v1 trolls and hell scorpii naked and I like that I really don't have to risk losing armor during a PvP skirmish. I can run around all of Elevation without fear of losing a full set of enchanted plate or chain, which is fairly rare to come by these days.

I suggest adding cloth/wool robes that don't count as armor but offer basic clothing for priests and doesn't stop the function of Oakshell/Thornshell, which only applies "improved natural armor" while completely naked. Even cloth armor we know and love today prevents Oakshell from offering any additional damage mitigation. I would entertain the idea that these robes could benefit priests in more direct ways (like increased favor gain/increased chance for higher power casts) but honestly, I'm more interested in having less naked characters sitting in a room on deed.

6t41qrp.jpg

• Like 3

mimic armor, so it looks like full dragon scale but is really made of compressed rose petals

armor of blindness, every hit causes game to go dark according to ql

On 8/8/2022 at 4:02 PM, Muunkey said:

armor of blindness

I actually loved this part of Everquest. You can be blinded by enemies and your screen goes black. Now that's some immersion!

On 8/8/2022 at 6:01 PM, rangerklypf said:

Even cloth armor we know and love today prevents Oakshell from offering any additional damage mitigation.

This isn't true, at least on the test server. DR remains 70% with Oakshell casted on self while wearing cloth armour.

Unless this is some weird Epic/PvP server difference.

12 hours ago, Merc said:

This isn't true, at least on the test server. DR remains 70% with Oakshell casted on self while wearing cloth armour.

Seriously? I did some testing with 40QL armor when I first made the priest years ago but even with 80 power Oakshell casts, I felt like I was taking massive amounts of damage...

Oh...

On the wiki: "Oakshell applies its armour value over cloth and leather if active. However other armour will render Oakshell inactive on that particular body part."