Sign in to follow this  
Whane

Mining reinforced cave floor

I'm trying to extend a building in a mine. When I mine out another tile, I can't level it because it is next to a reinforced floor even though the corner that would be lowered does not and would not effect the bordering reinforced tile. The Wiki says:

"A reinforced floor can be mined to remove beam reinforcement with 21 body strength. No shard is produced in this process, and the slope does not change."

However, I also cannot mine that tile to remove the reinforcement because it too is next to another reinforced tile floor. O,o

So is the only way to remove a reinforced cave floor tile if it is literally a solo reinforced tile? Once a cave building is constructed, that's it... no expansion? 

Edited by Whane

I figured it out. For anyone else searching for this in the future.

1. You must remove the paving

2. It isn't a mining action (so using a hotkey wont work). Instead, right click the floor and choose the mining option to 'remove reinforcement'.

• Like 2

There's some use for this, when creating something like a public mine/tunnel/canal. If you really don't want people who're prone to mining the floor doing so, reinforce AND clad it. Their attention will probably wander off to the nearest wall before they figure out crowbars.