Sign in to follow this  
Sn00

Prayer skill after champing being removed by 50.

Hello.

I need to bring this to attention to the community in order to get some more opinions on this subject.

I have been a champion a few times. Two of these times my prayer skill have been quite high, around 76 the first time and 90 the second time.

First time after I got dechamped my prayer went negative 50, and put it below the skill I previously had and it was upgraded by GM's again.

This time, the same BUG happened and my prayer was set to 40. I opened a ticket but got told again and again that this is intented behavior and not a bug?

I can't believe that 6 years of grinding prayer should be wasted upon this and this being intended.

Naturally, I have openend the case again to further discuss the issue. 

In the meantime. 

What to you guys think about this?

• Like 5

I find this to be complete and utter ######. GMs as of late have been doing a piss poor job handling sensitive cases, and this seems to be just another case of 'sweep under the rug and forget about it' rather than actually putting effort into solving the case properly. Skills like channeling, exorcism, and prayer were never meant to revert to 30 upon dechamp as they take a considerable amount of time and effort to skill up. Even though prayer has recently been made easier to skill, it still takes a very long time to skill up to higher levels; much longer than it takes to get your faith back to 100, for instance - and even that is a pain for most. Also, since this happened with a forced dechamp as they were removing them from the game, body stats weren't lost (only -5 instead of the usual -6) and faith was only dropped to 70 instead of the usual 50. With this in mind, it makes no sense to drop a skill 50 points when those 50 points take easily 2-3x as long to get back as a point in each body stat. In other words, why would you waive the stat loss but not the skill loss when the loss of skill is far greater? 

Also, if I'm not mistaken, other champs who lost prayer as a result of this forced dechamp had their skill fixed, so it seems rather strange that Snoo's case is being tossed aside. 

• Like 3

If this happened, even to one player, GMs should step in and escalate the bug. It's quite a critical bug to lose ANY skillgain not under current mechanics.  

As someone who max grinded prayer to 73 I can understand snoo's plight. 

If these kinds of bugs are just ignored, you'll end up with more players quitting the game. Hope the devs work to fix em quickly and GMS to restore the affected players skillgain. 

• Like 4

I guess you don't prise the GM for their hard work on the forum, enough.

Yeah, they should have fixed your skill back, even if it's intended which doesn't seems so. So be in line for all those other people with skills being fixed

To clarify this, it was not a bug at all and that is how it is intended to work and has worked since I first champed up on an account myself back in the day.  If a GM had reset your prayer before they had misunderstood and where not intended to reset any skill lost to decamping as the max of 30 prayer after a dechamp is 100% intentionally coded the only skill that is restored 1 for 1 after is channeling.

https://www.wurmpedia.com/index.php/Champion_player

We have also have had a note on the champions wiki page for 2 years about this being intended tho it has been this way since I joined.
"Prayer and Exorcism will be reset to 30, if you were above 30 when you champed. If you were below you will go back to the skill you were at."

It was brought up years before darklords was a champ also and claimed to be part of the penalty of dechamping I suppose as a swap for permadeath. You were lucky to get an ill-informed gm to help previously but that is always the luck of the draw In a lot of cases. I don't really have a strong feeling either way, it sucks to lose skill I know but I guess if weighed against account deletion maybe it's not so bad.

Also to Cirays note, we do not store info about where a user started out prayer or exorcism and it will only give skill up to 80 regardless of where you started, where characteristic stats give such a low amount that it never hits the issue of us not storing those values so they where possible to do that for. Channeling is different as when you champ it stored your exact skill at the time and restores you to that point after which is why that is possible.

It's an oversight in the code and a hill the devs will die on to say it's intended

• Like 1

1 hour ago, user said:

It's an oversight in the code and a hill the devs will die on to say it's intended

change1.jpg

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Darklords said:

To clarify this, it was not a bug at all and that is how it is intended to work and has worked since I first champed up on an account myself back in the day.  If a GM had reset your prayer before they had misunderstood and where not intended to reset any skill lost to decamping as the max of 30 prayer after a dechamp is 100% intentionally coded the only skill that is restored 1 for 1 after is channeling.

https://www.wurmpedia.com/index.php/Champion_player

We have also have had a note on the champions wiki page for 2 years about this being intended tho it has been this way since I joined.
"Prayer and Exorcism will be reset to 30, if you were above 30 when you champed. If you were below you will go back to the skill you were at."

So let me get this straight..you have 3 sub-skills under the religion skill; channeling, exorcism, and prayer. All of these skills raise by up to 50 points to a maximum of 80 when you champ. If any of these skills are already above 80, they remain untouched. However, upon dechamping, channeling is the only one of these sub skills that reverts back to what it was prior to champing, whereas the other two skills get a flat -50, regardless of whether they were raised by 50 or not? That seems extremely buggy and unintended to me, but hey, I guess since champs are no longer a thing its p easy to just rule it as intended and forget about it instead of considering the alternative, right? 

I'll also note, nobody gave enough of a ###### to complain years ago when nearly no one had > 30 exorcism/prayer, but now that prayer is part of a journal goal and many ppl have ground the skill, its become quite apparent how utterly ridiculous and overlooked this so-called 'mechanic' is. It's p sad this can't be recognized and players are losing out on skills they worked hard to grind, simply because GMs/Devs refuse to acknowledge that this was previously considered a bug on multiple occasions. 

Champs are removed, do the right thing and fix his damn skills and be done with it. Is it really worth losing more support/players over something as silly as this? 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, CIRAY said:

I'll also note, nobody gave enough of a ###### to complain years ago when nearly no one had > 30 exorcism/prayer, but now that prayer is part of a journal goal and many ppl have ground the skill, its become quite apparent how utterly ridiculous and overlooked this so-called 'mechanic' is. It's p sad this can't be recognized and players are losing out on skills they worked hard to grind, simply because GMs/Devs refuse to acknowledge that this was previously considered a bug on multiple occasions.

They did have higher and they did complain, several occasions that i know of and they all got told the same thing, its how i knew it was a problem for such a long time. Not trying to defend their choice or anything its just that its really not a new complaint, the part that does piss me off is the staff that decide to do something without knowing what they are doing, leading to situations like this where someone feels wronged because the staff did the wrong thing previously. I can imagine those that were told to suck it up in the past would feel pretty annoyed too to find that some have indeed had their skills altered. There's two sides of the fence to most situations.

Please keep this civil - asking for clarification is fine, but turning this into a bashing fest will result in the thread being closed.

Pandalet (LFM)

Grind Prayer to 70, feel sense of achievement. 🥳

has Prayer reset to 30. 🤬💩☠️

3 hours ago, Pandalet said:

Please keep this civil - asking for clarification is fine, but turning this into a bashing fest will result in the thread being closed.

Pandalet (LFM)

You right, we are not gonna bash anyone. 

Also, I'm very happy that @Darklordscame in here and fully explained this, so much cred there.

1 hour ago, Gumbert said:

Grind Prayer to 70, feel sense of achievement. 🥳

has Prayer reset to 30. 🤬💩☠️

Grind Prayer to 90, feel sense of achievement. 🥳

has Prayer reset to 40. 🤬💩☠️

It's just awful having the grind that I put in so many hours in nuked like this.

Keep in mind, I was 80 Prayer before the change, meaning I did all of this when it was a lot harder than it is now.

One more question.

I was dechamped when the champs were removed just like everybody else. I do hear from some people that the other champs got their skills fixed. Is this just a rumor or is there some truth in this?

Regarding the link to the wiki and the reset to 30, it does actually in fact NOT reset your faith to 30, it removes it by 50, since I'm 40 prayer now. (Are you gonna nuke 10 skill more of me just because it's intended)

Also, its is NOT CLEAR that this is an intended feature before champing up and is REALLY demoralizing. 

How can you as a player expect keep the morale up and continue playing after this? It's like a 3m thorn in the side.

17 hours ago, Sn00 said:

I have been a champion a few times. Two of these times my prayer skill have been quite high, around 76 the first time and 90 the second time.

First time after I got dechamped my prayer went negative 50, and put it below the skill I previously had and it was upgraded by GM's again.

A prayer skill went -50(negative 50). Meaning 76-50 = 26 prayer skill. if u were 26(below 30), u will go back to where u at which is 26 after dechamp. Am i got it right? What do u mean by "put it below the skill I previously had", with numbers explanation will be better to clarify.

17 hours ago, Sn00 said:

This time, the same BUG happened and my prayer was set to 40. I opened a ticket but got told again and again that this is intented behavior and not a bug?

A prayer skill intended to reset to 30, but it reset to 40 this time. So consider the 40 is bugged? Because it's not 90-50 = 40 prayer skill. It's if u were 40 before being a champ, ur prayer skill reset to 30 after dechamp. Meaning it is intended player will loss part of the prayer skill although someone might think it doesn't make sense.

The gm who told u again and again is clearly wrong, because it is not intended to set to 40, it is intended to set to 30. The gm should consider it as a bug, according to

14 hours ago, Darklords said:

and

On 7/5/2022 at 9:24 PM, DevBlog said:

with -5 to all characteristics instead of the normal -6; everything else functions as a normal dechamp.

17 hours ago, CIRAY said:

Also, since this happened with a forced dechamp as they were removing them from the game, body stats weren't lost (only -5 instead of the usual -6) and faith was only dropped to 70 instead of the usual 50.

A faith skill intended to set to 50 after a normal dechamp, but it set to 70. So consider the 70 is bugged again? Because the forced dechamp on 05-JUL-2022 said everything else functions as a normal dechamp except the characteristics skills. Normal dechamp would set the faith to 50.

What will the GMs do to those bugged prayer and faith skill? Will GMs reset them to 30 prayer skill and 50 faith as it is intended?

I think the GM who told u reset 40 is intended will have to take the responsibility of this drama happened, not to mention the whole team of GMs, sometimes communication could go wrong with ton of mechanics need to be distinguished.

Been playing this game over a decade and game has been changing along the way constantly. Just have to say.. its really hard to keep up with everything even for a veteran player. Somethimes is a sentence in a pach note or a decade old rule that surprises you.

Even its intented you surely know how unfair this seems to a player that dident know it was intented? This is something we really need to change in the game in the future.

For me unfair seemed people could come to chaos to champ up for prayer skill to journal up with benediction and here we are grinding it the hard way. Well if it intented ok.. but seemed unfair for some players.

Personally have no idea how to resolve the isseues but am hoping the players get better information in the future.

• Like 1

On 8/7/2022 at 8:18 PM, CIRAY said:

Also, if I'm not mistaken, other champs who lost prayer as a result of this forced dechamp had their skill fixed, so it seems rather strange that Snoo's case is being tossed aside. 

If this is true. Then this is really ###### and I'm just being excluded on a personal level.

Nice game

Sorry to hear this happen to you Snoo. If it's any consolation my character is cursed with bad RNG so we're both effed. 

• Like 1

Hi Theodein aka Snoo

Yes it sux when things like this happen, really its been 6 years? holy hell time flies. I know I bought it and resold it to you 4 years ago so I guess alot of works been done.

I once had too msg Rolf after an update cause my chain boot now weighed 7kg instead of 0.7kg and his response was - whoops.

I feel your pain.

GL on Snoo awesome name!

On 9/10/2022 at 1:29 PM, Snoo said:

Hi Theodein aka Snoo

Yes it sux when things like this happen, really its been 6 years? holy hell time flies. I know I bought it and resold it to you 4 years ago so I guess alot of works been done.

I once had too msg Rolf after an update cause my chain boot now weighed 7kg instead of 0.7kg and his response was - whoops.

I feel your pain.

GL on Snoo awesome name!

Haha yeah, it really does doesn't it? 

I got my final answer and it's a no go.

My Prayer is reset and It was according to devs, very intended.

Plain and utter bs if you ask me.