Sign in to follow this  
Felthanne

CDE Highway Reroute

Hello everyone!

Kaufecake here, I am co-manager of Cake Dream Enterprises, and I wanted to let you all know about our exciting new project! We are currently in Phase One of our grand plan to concrete our way into Wurm history. If any of you were in the vicinity of Encore during the initial Steam launch, you probably remember how pristine the peninsula east of Encore was. Rolling hills full of lush green grass, few trees and tons of animals.  Soon after the population of this peninsula exploded, with multiple deeds popping up and then proceeding to disband in the coming months leaving their stain on the landscape forever.

After almost two years, Dreamseeker and I are now committed to fixing the now blighted landscape and revitalizing it to the pristine dignity it was when we first landed here. We began this mission by expanding our headquarters and founding three additional outpost deeds to blanket this peninsula. At this point, the various structures and deeds that have previously dotted this landscape have collapsed, leaving behind the various infrastructure and terraforming that each individual/group collectively has done and our outposts. Now we begin our terraforming efforts.

If you have been to Encore in the last few days from the east – you have likely seen a large terraforming project started or maybe a sign like this:

https://imgur.com/a/9bp7NsV

We both agreed that before we would modify or remove the highways crossing this peninsula, we would create a route that maintained the same level of service as the prior. In addition, we have gone above and beyond in creating a route that will make travel more seamless. Outside of a few locations, and bridges, the slope of the road is maintained at a smooth slope (4) and the shoulders are almost all designed to have a maximum slope of (20) to allow for ease of travel. This will ultimately make for a slightly longer travel between the intersection east of Cake Dream Headquarters and the bridge east of Encore by approximately (30) tiles!

After we install the new route for the highway, we will be closing the existing route as the plan to revitalize the peninsula and return it to its natural glory. This fine peninsula with its quaint hills and gently rolling rock layer will be returned to its former glory and with the improvements it so much deserves!

Stay tuned for the revitalization effort!

Sincerely,

Kaufecake

Co-Manager, Cake Dream Enterprises

• Like 4

I believe eventually the landscape returns to its original state.. having said that i'm also told this is rare . that said ,i think its great your doing this, i often wish people would consider the natural lay of the land when smashing that fenced ranch off, (then abandoning it)  good job will watch with interest.

Don't fence me in 😉

• Like 1

On 8/13/2022 at 4:02 AM, tomcatvmp said:

I believe eventually the landscape returns to its original state.. having said that i'm also told this is rare . that said ,i think its great your doing this, i often wish people would consider the natural lay of the land when smashing that fenced ranch off, (then abandoning it)  good job will watch with interest.

Don't fence me in 😉

Eventually the green will return, except for where catseyes have been placed. But my biggest goal to change is the terraforming. I want to make it look more natural and look like it was generated that way vs the big flat raised plateaus. 

And don't worry, I don't intend to fence anyone in. 😉 

• Like 1

Notwithstanding any Official rule violations and all actions of imposition upon citizens that are officially recognized - seems ok 😀 - NOT Okay to quasi establish a terraforming/development prohibited (actively or passively) area or reserve.... ie the sand must flow in the sandbox... a little more permeance on deeded land ...moreover .    screenshots last forever.... till wiped at least.  In the spirit of transparency, I am not a landholder in the area but just a nostalgic traveler through the area.  Furthermore I am just a citizen.   The adjudication of all issues outside of my personal actions and decisions resides somewhere else.  Ultimately the proof will be represented in the outcome regardless of what is said here.   I wish you the best in your endeavors as stated in your post on 5 August 2022 and your reply on  16 August 2022.  The beauty of Cadence (land, water, and the heavens)  is what caused me to subscribe.  Cheers🍻

On 8/20/2022 at 3:32 PM, User220456 said:

Notwithstanding any Official rule violations and all actions of imposition upon citizens that are officially recognized - seems ok 😀 - NOT Okay to quasi establish a terraforming/development prohibited (actively or passively) area or reserve.... ie the sand must flow in the sandbox... a little more permeance on deeded land ...moreover .    screenshots last forever.... till wiped at least.  In the spirit of transparency, I am not a landholder in the area but just a nostalgic traveler through the area.  Furthermore I am just a citizen.   The adjudication of all issues outside of my personal actions and decisions resides somewhere else.  Ultimately the proof will be represented in the outcome regardless of what is said here.   I wish you the best in your endeavors as stated in your post on 5 August 2022 and your reply on  16 August 2022.  The beauty of Cadence (land, water, and the heavens)  is what caused me to subscribe.  Cheers🍻

I appreciate your concern, however - it should be noted that the highway reroute was solely done so that the new deed, that was founded yesterday, doesn't have any implications on the highway as work is being done. As we begin the re-beuatification process of the peninsula, it will happen on the deed of Cake Dream Point. 

Thank you, Kaufecake