Sign in to follow this  
Darkelf

Internet Server vs. LAN

After setting up a server on my other rig, i only can see the server on the LAN tab. I couldnt find it on the Internet list and wasnt sure if there should be one there. If so, what is the problem? If showing on LAN, others wont be able to join that public server unless i given them IP address i believe. Can someone help me out here?

Hmm still didnt help, didnt explain much and trying to see what going on with the advanced settings. I think the problems is that i need to setup the router, but i cant figure out how to do that. I did tried using routerlogin.net, but wouldnt go through or been blocked. I checked the proxy settings, etc. cant seem to figure out the problem here.

Something about port forwarding, etc.

Edited by Darkelf

There are a few steps to take as what you want to have happen is your ports being open to the outside world(port forwarding)

1. Find the make of your router
2. Find the manual and figure out how to port forward
3. Setup these ports as following port 8766 TCP/UDP, 27016-27030 UDP, 3724 TCP and point them at the local ip of your pc(typically your 192.168 ip address)
4. Restart your wu server if running
5. It should be visible at this point if not there are 2 things that could be stopping it
5.1 You have a firewall active on the machine that your server is running on that is blocking those ports locally
5.2 you are behind a "fake nat" basically your isp does not have enough ip addresses vs customers and thus you have a shared public facing ip address and all your data is routed on their end through a specific port(contact your isp if you believe this is the case and see if you can get a public facing ip, this will most likely cost you a few bucks to quite a bit more depending on the setup) or failing that if your router allows it get a good vpn that allows your router to connect and get a static ip from their end

A tip if you do set your wu server to public like that make sure that EVERY device has a proper firewall setup and none of them have open ports that anyone can access from your network in the off chance that the machine hosting your wu server gets attacked, another one is do not store anything valuable on that machine just incase

Thank you, the problems is that when i use that routerlogin.net, its keeping me from access to that device or setup the router. So the proxy settings and firewall, etc. I tried change that, didnt work and not sure if the internet settings will do any good. But still messing with it and find out what keeping me from access to the router login.

Ugl7tSi.jpg

Edited by Darkelf

Okay so typically speaking your router's web page is at 192.168.1.1 if your pc's ip address starts with 192.168.1
As for login details they should either be on the router itself or be left as default(they often are) of admin admin or something of that kind or if you can figure out the brand and type of router from the sticker on your router you should be able to find a manual for that easily online(hopefully)

1 hour ago, wipeout said:

Okay so typically speaking your router's web page is at 192.168.1.1 if your pc's ip address starts with 192.168.1
As for login details they should either be on the router itself or be left as default(they often are) of admin admin or something of that kind or if you can figure out the brand and type of router from the sticker on your router you should be able to find a manual for that easily online(hopefully)

Yeah i manage to do that, but got the same thing like that screen shot i made up there. Its netgear router, a lady did try to help me from Netgear site. Only thing i cant figure out is that preventing me to login up there. Still trying, not giving up though. Just wish there a easier way to get around this, noticed alot of players or users been having these odd issues as well.

Edited by Darkelf