Sign in to follow this  
Firecat

Revert upcoming rites change in new patch.

Do you agree with this change?  

108 members have voted

1. 1. Do you agree with the patch change?

Just now, Ame said:

Wurm still has much more players than it had for many years before steam launch.

No it does not.... this is not true...

So let me get this right, adding to the game now involves removing mechanics because players can't get along with each other? Sounds like a you problem mate. 

Also you can't sermon unless you are a priest!?!?!?

1 minute ago, hemrzz said:

U CANT SERMON UNTIL 30 FAITH AND YOUR A PRIEST REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeee

posting but don't understand mechanics

sorry, forgot that. i guess learn to live with the changes then :)

-1 on this suggestion to revert the upcoming change.  The upcoming change is very good.

Pai pai those who will quit because of this change. Healthy spring cleaning now and then. Doidoi!

• Like 2

I don’t see a reversion happening.  One example of a middle ground could be: change the faith swap window to every 2 weeks, or if you change faith within a 14 day window, you only receive 2.5 hours of sleep bonus instead of the full 5.  

• Like 1
  • Cat 1

1 minute ago, DADLER said:

I don’t see a reversion happening.  One example of a middle ground could be: change the faith swap window to every 2 weeks, or if you change faith within a 14 day window, you only receive 2.5 hours of sleep bonus instead of the full 5.  

Or base the amount of sleep bonus off Faith

6 faith  = 1hr

12 faith= 2hr 

18 faith= 3hr

24 faith= 4hr

30 faith= 5hr

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Firecat said:

So let me get this right, adding to the game now involves removing mechanics because players can't get along with each other? Sounds like a you problem mate. 

Right now it sounds like a problem for the people that were profiting from doing something that wasn't intended to happen anyway, and a solution for the rest of us.

• Like 4

Was It happening? Yes. A significant number of players were using the faith swap as often as possible, solely to get 5 hours of sleep bonus.

Was it worth it? They believed so. In a chat session they were able to convince a villager of mine that the skillgain from frequent faith swapping was greater than, for example, the standard +10% available to a Vynora follower.

Was it causing drama? Absolutely. Because once you have an incentive to change faith every week, you have an incentive to convince other players to delay their rite spell until you can take advantage of it. A thread was already linked for those who want more information.

Was this change needed? Arguably. The irony here is that when challenged, at least some of those doing frequent faith swaps said that they were simply doing what the rules allowed in order to maximize their sleep bonus / skillgain. (They disputed accusations that they'd been putting pressure on people to delay rite spells, and that's a question which is complicated by politics and ulterior motives, since multiple parties are members of private slaying groups.) The point is, the implication was that in order for their behavior to change, the rules would have to change.

Edited by Sheffie
  • Like 4
  • Cat 1

6 minutes ago, hemrzz said:

U CANT SERMON UNTIL 30 FAITH AND YOUR A PRIEST REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeee

posting but don't understand mechanics

But you can get every priest who has 100 preaching to convert you to get 20 faith, not far to pray to 30 faith from that

Just now, Lisimba said:

Right now it sounds like a problem for the people that were profiting from doing something that wasn't intended to happen anyway, and a solution for the rest of us.

If it wasn't intended then it must be an exploit and therefore everyone must be banned?

Remember back in 2012 when they changed that we can pick up empty BSB's.

Even that change got its own hate-thread because ppl didnt like that change.

No matter what change, theres pitchforks. Its so amusing.

1 minute ago, Sheffie said:

Was It happening? Yes. A significant number of players were using the faith swap as often as possible, solely to get 5 hours of sleep bonus.

Was it worth it? They believed so. In a chat session they were able to convince a villager of mine that the skillgain from frequent faith swapping was greater than, for example, the standard +10% available to a Vynora follower.

Was it causing drama? Absolutely. Because once you have an inventive to change faith every week, you have an incentive to convince other players to delay their rite spell until you can take advantage of it. A thread was already linked for those who want more information.

Was this change needed? Arguably. The irony here is that when challenged, at least some of those doing frequent faith swaps said that they were simply doing what the rules allowed in order to maximize their sleep bonus / skillgain. They disputed accusations that they'd been putting pressure on people to delay rite spells. The implication was that in order for their behavior to change, the rules would have to change.

seems like a good update then if people were only really selecting a religion to get free bonuses. if anything this makes it a bit more fair to players who are locked in with a priest character and don't want to/can't switch around like others.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Ame said:

But you can get every priest who has 100 preaching to convert you to get 20 faith, not far to pray to 30 faith from that

i cannot properly reply to this comment as i would get a temp ban but I'm sure you can use your imagination EMA 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, DADLER said:

this change is already a middleground between the way it was before and changing the waiting time for conversions  to 30 or 60 days.

1 minute ago, Ame said:

I'm pretty frustrated that you again demonstrate you don't understand the mechanics of the game, yet you are the one of the people commenting the most.

I am one of the VERY few people that actually skill Preaching, playing with a main priest. People switching faiths for rites was the best thing for me to work on this skill.

Conversion itself is absolutely hands down the most effective way of gaining Preaching skill. People converting gave opportunities to go to public slayings and get confessions from many followers at a time, when Holy Crop had been cast recently, on top of performing the conversions themselves.

Now what am I left with?? Making a bunch of non-premium alts to convert back and forth every 7 days, and get (low difficulty, low tickrate, no CoC) confessions from. Most people are not going to follow Fo for any period of time after this change.

100 Preaching? Do you even know what you're saying? It's literally never been done, and it is by far the most timelocked skill in the game, far exceeding things like meditation, lockpicking, or faith.

+1 This change should be reevaluated. I'd propose making it 20 faith, rather than 30. At least it would give an incentive to skill Preaching. And then also look at changes to Preaching while the team is at it...

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Pukaria said:

I'm pretty frustrated that you again demonstrate you don't understand the mechanics of the game, yet you are the one of the people commenting the most.

I am one of the VERY few people that actually skill Preaching, playing with a main priest. People switching faiths for rites was the best thing for me to work on this skill.

Conversion itself is absolutely hands down the most effective way of gaining Preaching skill. People converting gave opportunities to go to public slayings and get confessions from many followers at a time, when Holy Crop had been cast recently, on top of performing the conversions themselves.

Now what am I left with?? Making a bunch of non-premium alts to convert back and forth every 7 days, and get (low difficulty, low tickrate, no CoC) confessions from. Most people are not going to follow Fo for any period of time after this change.

100 Preaching? Do you even know what you're saying? It's literally never been done, and it is by far the most timelocked skill in the game, far exceeding things like meditation, lockpicking, or faith.

+1 This change should be reevaluated. I'd propose making it 20 faith, rather than 30. At least it would give an incentive to skill Preaching. And then also look at changes to Preaching while the team is at it...

was just having entertainment here and joking. sorry, there is still some popcorn left to eat.

8 minutes ago, Pukaria said:

The whole point of the change is to not have people change faith for rites at all though, not to gate it behind preaching.

But changes to preaching would make sense. Perhaps it would be better if sermoning and confessions would give better preaching gains?

Edit: and make CoC on statuettes apply to them (not to faith gain though, that's already good).

Edited by Lisimba
an idea happened
  • Like 2

As someone who mains a priest this sounds like a good change, hopefully we no longer have to wait as long for some rites to be cast once they are ready :)

• Like 5

yea probably a mistake to put a poll there lol 

• Like 2

The results of the poll makes reading the thread more fun!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Postes said:

dont worry they can edit the options later. change the no to yes and yes to no, and now they won.

Edited by Tpikol

1 minute ago, Postes said:

Why? I wanted to see the communities thoughts as not everyone wants to write something.

• Like 2

'mistake'

Love of the gods is not something to exchange like metal money. I like the update. Makes sense and encourages people to stick to a deity they like from the start.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, DADLER said:

Would you switch from Catholicism to Islam, then to Buddhism every other week in real life? Of course not!

but thats a game not a real life