Sign in to follow this  
Firecat

Revert upcoming rites change in new patch.

Do you agree with this change?  

108 members have voted

1. 1. Do you agree with the patch change?

I would like to suggest the reversion of this change from the latest patch before it even enters the game:

"To curb switching faith for bonuses, you now must have 30 faith to claim rewards from a rite event."

There is already a 7 day cooldown for changing faiths why punish players further?

(The change referenced can be found here ) 

If we can have quick game changing decisions like this affecting players could you just add PoK on to Defiance whilst you are at it..?

Edited by Firecat
Updated thread
  • Like 2

That change is dumb, its a sandbox game after all.

• Like 1

+ 1

WOT IN THE ACTUAL - WAS THIS PUT IN FOR

• Like 1

+1 this upcoming update is about to murder game pop most likely

• To curb switching faith for bonuses, you now must have 30 faith to claim rewards from a rite event. Religion is intended to be a long-term choice in Wurm.

Would you switch from Catholicism to Islam, then to Buddhism every other week in real life? Of course not!

Edited by DADLER
  • Like 6

1 minute ago, DADLER said:
  • To curb switching faith for bonuses, you now must have 30 faith to claim rewards from a rite event. Religion is intended to be a long-term choice in Wurm.

Would you switch from Catholicism to Islam, then to Buddhism every other week in real life? Of course not!

if i were bored... yeah i prob would

I think you all are overestimating how many players regularly switch religions for rites. This will only affect a handful of power grinders and will cut out a source of toxicity that exists with the current system. It's a good change imo.

• Like 19

2 minutes ago, LeafLife said:

I think you all are overestimating how many players regularly switch religions for rites. This will only affect a handful of power grinders and will cut out a source of toxicity that exists with the current system. It's a good change imo.

would you say the toxic power grinders are exposing themselves in this thread?

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, DADLER said:

If it gave me 5 hours sleep bonus and characteristics, hell yeah!!

• Cat 1

1 minute ago, LeafLife said:

Yep, that about covers it. Changing faith all the time is silly from a RP perspective and it was getting toxic too.

• Like 1

+1 There's already 7 day cooldown. Why put another limit on it?Just really stupid idea.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Lisimba said:

Yep, that about covers it. Changing faith all the time is silly from a RP perspective and it was getting toxic too.

Exactly, if someone came to my church of Scientology every week and wanted to “be a member again” I would be very annoyed.  The toxic power grinder movement must be nipped in the BUTT

Edited by DADLER

1 minute ago, Lisimba said:

What does roleplaying have to do with the game mechanics? Your definition of "toxic" is vastly different to what most people define it as..

was there like a large amount of people switching every so often to get the bonuses from a rite? i guess if that's the case and people were just swapping every so often between religions to be included, it kinda makes sense

14 minutes ago, Shinso said:

+1 this upcoming update is about to murder game pop most likely

They said this many times during the years. And still wurm is alive. i guess those who do say this might quit but the rest of us will stay :)

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Ame said:

They said this many times during the years. And still wurm is alive. i guess those who do say this might quit but the rest of us will stay :)

i aint quitting but ive know alot of people who have quit because of stupid updates that have happened over the years - some people only grind when they have SB XD

Edited by Shinso

I didn’t even know people did this lol doesn’t sound worth it to me

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Postes said:

was there like a large amount of people switching every so often to get the bonuses from a rite? i guess if that's the case and people were just swapping every so often between religions to be included, it kinda makes sense

People did, and it was causing drama.

So a game mechanic that is being abused for more sleep bonus from rites/rituals is to change religions prior to a rite to obtain sleep bonuses from said religion. This has recently caused an issue during an impalong held at Cadence where due to the amount of favor that has been gained from the priests doing their work allowing for a the rite of spring to be conducted, but because of a loud minority of "religion-switchers", the rite was requested to be held off by the organiser so that this minority could gain from their abuse of a game mechanic. This causes other people who are non-switchers, and are part of the worship of vynoria, not to receive that much needed 5 hour sleep bonus during their time at the impalong, and the organiser being caught in the middle having to make a decision between two groups to appease.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Ame said:

I'm not sure if 400-600 players across 3 clusters each containing 4+ maps as living too much, More like a patient on life support

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Firecat said:

What does roleplaying have to do with the game mechanics? Your definition of "toxic" is vastly different to what most people define it as..

The group that does chance often for the rites, you can start holding sermons now to get that 30 faith for the next rite, cant be that hard. Or just buy treasure maps to get sleep powders or buy sleep powders if Sleep bonus is that important

2 minutes ago, Ame said:

And still wurm is alive.

I would say it's on live support.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Shinso said:

i aint quitting but ive know alot of people who have quit because of stupid updates that have happened over the years - some people only grind when they have SB XD

I guess we are not losing anything when they do quit. Wurm still has much more players than it had for many years before steam launch.

6 minutes ago, Firecat said:

What does roleplaying have to do with the game mechanics?

It doesn't. It's just another reason this change makes sense.

6 minutes ago, Firecat said:

Your definition of "toxic" is vastly different to what most people define it as..

The toxicity refers to the drama around rite scheduling, see the other post I just quoted.

1 minute ago, Zykat said:

I'm not sure if 400-600 players across 3 clusters each containing 4+ maps as living too much, More like a patient on life support

We lived with 200 players across 2 clusters and that was still pretty good amount.

1 minute ago, Ame said:

The group that does chance often for the rites, you can start holding sermons now to get that 30 faith for the next rite, cant be that hard. Or just buy treasure maps to get sleep powders or buy sleep powders if Sleep bonus is that important

U CANT SERMON UNTIL 30 FAITH AND YOUR A PRIEST REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeee

posting but don't understand mechanics

• Like 5