Sign in to follow this  
Destion

(Solved) Supreme Map Help

Struggling with this one. Any help appreciated.

unI4GuX.jpeg7UxFQhT.jpegX8deuRw.jpeg

Around Akiba .. I think. 

Edited by Destion

Looks like you're gonna have to do some climbing

https://xanadu.yaga.host/#3397,4009

Here's an image overlay to explain. Looks like I was a little bit off where I clicked :) just use the northwestern edge of that little bit of rock to guide you.

8MPRZXW.png

Edited by Lovelie
  • Like 2

Wow.. I went up there.. it is a ways.. but Maybe i dug in wrong spot.. will try again.. TY so much..

How do you do it? Teach me master  😃 

17 hours ago, Lovelie said:

Looks like you're gonna have to do some climbing

https://xanadu.yaga.host/#3397,4009

Here's an image overlay to explain. Looks like I was a little bit off where I clicked :) just use the northwestern edge of that little bit of rock to guide you.

8MPRZXW.png

• Like 1

YES>. I was going to ask the same thing..what tool do you use to make the map image transparent..or lower opacity?? im searching now.. I know ive done it before.. but when you want to find something.. it always eludes you.. lol... 

4 hours ago, Destion said:

YES>. I was going to ask the same thing..what tool do you use to make the map image transparent..or lower opacity?? im searching now.. I know ive done it before.. but when you want to find something.. it always eludes you.. lol... 

7 hours ago, TheZvir said:

How do you do it? Teach me master  😃 

Not a master by any means hahahah. :) 

Well some tips I follow...

The in-game treasure map's topography lines do not exactly match the community map's topography lines, so I don't use the topography to guide me... unless it's really tough, or just to confirm my initial guess. I usually leave topo OFF when i look at the community map.

The biggest help is the tile types (grass/rock/trees/sand/water/etc). I saw the unique road shape on your map along with distinct rock/sand shapes, so I went looking around mountains in your clue area. Found it pretty quick after that!

At least with some of my treasure maps, steppe tiles sometimes looked really close in color to "clearing" -- that is... the way willow or oak trees create a clearing in a dense forest looks deceivingly similar to steppe on the clue sometimes. Same thing with rocks and bushes if I recall correctly, some bush tiles are very similarly colored to rock tiles on the clues I think. Right-clicking the clue and using the color key/legend can help show what i mean, that some tile types are deceivingly close in color!

Finally, I just used my drawing program to put the clue on top of the community map. I screenshotted the yaga map and pasted as a layert, screenshotted the clue and pasted as another layer, set one layer to 50% opacity, and resized the map manually to match them up (they don't match up perfectly -- the treasure clue is slightly stretched). It was just to illustrate and it's all done "by hand", no automatic tool or something like that. I use Painttool SAI which is an old drawing program, but you can use anything like Photoshop, FireAlpaca, Gimp... actually some web-based programs like Pixlr are really very impressive :) 

Hope your treasure loot was good!

Edited by Lovelie
  • Like 1