Sign in to follow this  
Darkelf

musket guns, etc.

Been working on a project here, wanted to set the time line to 1600's onward. The only thing is missing is future weapons and other stuffs as well. Musket guns would be nice and very much like to add more skins to humanoid setups. Different types, that can range from native indian when founded the new world across the great Atlantic.

Too bad, so much stuffs is missing in this game and not sure how hard or even possible to add these things i mention above to Wurm Unlimited World.

Also there are time i like to roleplay a elf, esp with those pointed ears. That would be really nice package too. So Wurm Online is just lacking of alot of things, many other players were upset too. So i been playing Online since 2019, sadly not much have added since.

Edited by Darkelf

While models can and are added to WU, there is no built in functionality to push them out to the clients so if you play on servers which do have custom models, you need to mod your client.

Many server owners don't want to rely on user's ability and knowledge of how to install mods and simply don't bother with them.

Unfortunately really, there are some amazing mods out there but expecting someone who "just wants to play the game" and often isn't comfortable fiddling with files and folders and so on, options are very limited.

Most other games push out the mods to the client when it connects to ensure all graphics and scripts match on both ends, i vaguely remember this being promised for WU but it never happened in the end.

Yeah i hear ya, i noticed some like to keep things to themselves and not sharing it with the community. But once in awhile, players tend to add some features to the game.