Sign in to follow this  
SweetSerenade

Improve Preaching Functionality

As somebody who likes training preaching I find it both incredibly niche and all but useless, it would be nice to see faith conversion to be a more useful feature in the game.

I think updating the skill to be based off the higher of the two peoples preaching skills would be a nice bonus to add.

If that seems too strong, maybe a 50% penalty on the listeners preaching skill, then use the higher of those two.

The idea is that in order to be the best student you often must be able to be a teacher, in this respect the listener learns to listen and receive instruction more effectively.

Edited by SweetSerenade
Clarity

On 7/26/2022 at 11:57 PM, SweetSerenade said:

The idea is that in order to be the best student you often must be able to be a teacher, in this respect the listener learns to listen and receive instruction more effective

I see where you're coming from, but this doesn't feel right to me.

Just offhand something I think could be interesting, would be to give listeners of a sermon a bit of the deity's "inspired characteristic" proportionate to the preacher's skill.

It could be a small amount, akin to what you get praying. Nothing game breaking, but a little touch of something, to inspire people to skill Preaching, and give them a reason to sermon beyond 100 faith. Which also helps nudge global casts along to readiness.

It would also incentivize people more to be listeners, and offset a bit of what is lost now that faith swapping for global casts has been stamped out.

• Like 1