Sign in to follow this  
jaytoo

Archaeology/Restoration Rebalance - Public Testing

I am sure this has been mentioned, but I'm still not seeing any (medium) metal shield fragments, just large and small.

• Like 1

With regards to the wood/birchwood tags, I think the birchwood is coming from off deed and wood from what was an abandoned deed, not 100% sure can test later.

Nevermind

Edited by Hailiah

After identifying about 7000 fragments for the halloween event, (with ~86 Arch and ~80 restoration) i found out the following:

you can find 4 or 5 multiple runes of Blades / Heads, but you will never get the useful ones, same as before, they seem to be drawn from the previus-bugged pool only, not a single +gathering %QL or  +usage speed rune was found on hundreds and hundreds of "runes roll"

You can however find all kind of runes on "tools fragments" i did find several speed in and quality runes there, even if i didn't hit any jackpot, only in the "tools fragment" though, and not the "metal fragments"

I'm not sure if this is intended, but if felt it could be useful information.

I think tools like File.. can roll gathering runes.. which seems pointless, but cant recall and screenshot such, might be good to screenshot such rolls and report them.. as that is pointless, something like better improvement on pottery items and such, which was supposed to be cleared now?

On 11/21/2022 at 8:29 PM, Finnn said:

I think tools like File.. can roll gathering runes.. which seems pointless, but cant recall and screenshot such, might be good to screenshot such rolls and report them.. as that is pointless, something like better improvement on pottery items and such, which was supposed to be cleared now?

RNG is RNG. gathering rune is a tool rune and a file is a tool. You’re going to get bad runes in tools from time to time. It was stated earlier in this thread that it’s designed to be random in that aspect that any tool can get any tool tune. 

Any solution to wood/bitchwood situation?

The fragments look like they might fit together if they were made of the same material.

On 8/4/2022 at 11:32 AM, jaytoo said:

@dumbo Is it a particular type of tile? like rock, sand, or road?

Weight, volume and size reduction can go on anything. Not all the runes are super useful but size can allow you to mail halberds in regular mailboxes or similar things with weapons in other containers. In some instances of tools you could get for example gathering ql runes on a tool that doesn't gather. It's just for balance.

I have been creating a situation on the live server to try to track statistics in a controlled environment, ARE the different types of tile supposed to refresh at different rates or provide more/less complex frags?