Sign in to follow this  
jaytoo

Archaeology/Restoration Rebalance - Public Testing

5 minutes ago, jaytoo said:

I'm not sure you want to start picking out reasons not to put in planks.

Don't get me wrong I like the idea, I suppose we can justify it by saying its fragments from bushes we combine into planks.

Looking forward to having lingonberrywood barrels, buckets, etc. that we couldn't have before.

3 hours ago, Spacy said:

In regards to token, the issue people have with them is that they often go back to the same fallen deeds time after time, and they end up with dozens of the same tokens.  

One is nice.  A couple, of different metals, are OK.  But 20 from the same place..... no thanks.

I would say that they should only have one value, decoration, and that is fine.  Really - rewards out of archaeo (particularly if you count the seasonal events now) are outstanding.  

Some ways of solving the above, while not really breaking anything:

1) High sac value for priests.  Something along the line of 30 favor for a copper/iron one, to 100 for a maxed out one.  Probably too much, to be honest, but still a use.

2) can we keep the visual, but just reduce the mass to 0.01 or even smaller?  Then, it really doesn't matter if they can be smelted or not - they are basically nothing at that point.

3) A special case,/cabinet that we can put them into that eats them (like altar sac), that ranks "deeds known" on a  scale of 1 to ??.  Basically, it eats the token, and depending on QL and material gives a point value.  You add more tokens and you increase the number/value.  Someone can go up and click the "box" and get a pop up window that is just a list of deed names, servers, person who put the token into the box and "known value".  It has no gameplay effect other than bragging rights.  Obviously not a fully fleshed out idea, but a solid kernel for one I hope.  If in the long term there comes a way to remove runes from items, perhaps this would be a solid way to do it - spend 1k of your "token points" and you can a random rune removed and the item is destroyed, who knows.  Again, just the beginning of something - but one of potential high rewards so probably not well balanced.  

since all that data is a thing... that's a great base for another bigger "journal";

maybe book or library with exceeding typical 100 page limit, and allowing players to cover whole server(hundreds/thousands.. of reports impossible to copy or take out once they are added to it), show markers like deed-name and location and option to interact and select specific deed to read the full report -  this will serve as long term goal, bragging rights mechanic.. and way to share with friends who visit where you've been and obviously stayed for a bit .. to get a token, find some information from the area.

every x amount of unique deeds a player finds per server sector (typical 9 - nw/ncenter/ne/w/center/e/sw/scenter/se), there could be a title for it... or reward of the now typical journal sleep bonus grabs with claim button.. or something like the suggested system to turn arch tokens to something and receive points to redeem for even "rarer" decorations, rng skin or w/e of the sort...

Edited by Finnn
btw.. hopefully we're not intruding too much with suggestions in the feedback of already implemented content on test server; clearly both povs can be understood, if we cross a line with the suggestions - best shout with some rules
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Muse said:
  • When combining a basic metal item the chance of iron is now improved at higher levels.
  • When combining an alloy metal item the chance of steel is now improved at higher levels

Yes, I agree this is a positive step - except for statue fragments, for which I think the reverse should be true - we should have greater chance of statue frags in 'interesting' metals such as gold, silver, bronze and electrum.

For statues, there is already a disappointing tendency towards iron and steel.

My arch is 100, my restoration is 99 - and I'd like to see more variation in the metal types for statues please.  Remember that the person (recipient/buyer) combining the statue is rarely the person finding the fragment (finder/seller) and often has lower skill - yet still expects an interesting metal type.

that's not really your problem.. you sell your found fragments... if somebody lacks the skill - the buyer could travel to you.. or pay you to travel to them.. or alternatively still buy it from you.. but lookup somebody local to combine the fragments, with high ql fragments.. there's a room for few fails and most statues can be now improved;

I am not sure why event statuettes are not possible to improve, we've reported in bug section but maybe that's intended.. or not.. who knows.. been year(s) since that was done and there's no improvement.

• A bug preventing sand from becoming investigable more than once per server restart has been fixed.

You may want to check rock tiles too or are they just a slow refresh?

Just now, Hailiah said:

You may want to check rock tiles too or are they just a slow refresh?

If rock tiles can be investigated that seems like a bug.

Live now on Druska:

• Mini tokens will now indicate direction to their associated deed.
  • Like 12

14 minutes ago, jaytoo said:

Live now on Druska:

Should pair amazingly with treasure maps, great feature

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jaytoo said:

Live now on Druska:

This is great!   Now they may have a monetary value if folks are stuck looking for somewhere.  Not much, but that is kinda the point.

I'm on the test server now, how do we create bags, saddle sacks and satchels?

1 hour ago, Hailiah said:

I'm on the test server now, how do we create bags, saddle sacks and satchels?

you can spawn nails,planks and shaft using the test menu and you dont need to move since you can keeep investigating the same tile forever once you find a place with a deed in it, so i just made an lsu and a small barrel rack with a small barrels when i was testing.

Yeah I've made a storage unit and small chests.

I suppose I should do a wagon to put all the collected ones in there instead

Incidentally made a bsb from Thorn wood planks and it came out birchwood*

(test spawned ones not archaeology created)

Edited by Hailiah

Not sure if this is a bug or not but on normal servers,

tin ore fragments are the only ore fragment derived from unidentified metal fragments the rest of the ore fragments come straight from unidentified fragments

Restoration stages

Unidentified fragment = unidentified metal fragment = ore fragment tin

Unidentified fragment = all the other ore fragments

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hailiah said:

Unidentified fragment = unidentified metal fragment = ore fragment tin

Unidentified fragment = all the other ore fragments

Thanks for spotting that.

Found the reason for this and will figure out if changing it to be in line with other ores will cause any issues.

• Like 1

Thank you for everything you are doing. :) 

• Like 1

• Instantly identified fragments will now give a better chance of runes.

How does that work with combining? 

Should it be the last fragment in the combine or doesn't it matter

and

What about quality in combining? I tend to save my fragments until I have ones of similar quality to combine (excluding blades and heads)

or should I not worry about quality and combine any?

and does it matter that I'm combining fragments from different deeds...and servers?

1 hour ago, Muse said:

Thank you for everything you are doing. :) 

I second this too :)

I'm obsessed with arch, so I'm really excited about any updates for it!

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Hailiah said:
  • Instantly identified fragments will now give a better chance of runes.

and

What about quality in combining? I tend to save my fragments until I have ones of similar quality to combine (excluding blades and heads)

and does it matter that I'm combining fragments from different deeds...and servers?

I am not sure about the metal types (if its the last one or the first one or random in the end) but for rune value its a combination of all fragments. Basicly you get a fragment out of the ground with a hidden set value and when you restor it you change this value. When combining fragments the overall points/number of fragments is used to roll on the rune table.

So when the Dev say that it have a highter rune chacne I guess it means his overall hidden value is higher.

• Like 1

So with 5 runes possible on an item some fragments must have more than 1 hidden rune... or 1 fragment with 5 hidden runes or a mix?

(since most tools and weapons are made from 3 fragments)

Edited by Hailiah

5 hours ago, Hailiah said:

and

Combination order, source, and fragment quality do not influence rune allocation. Fragments retain their data and can't be put in a bsb for this reason. There are no longer hidden gotchas to ruin or buff your rune chances.

• Like 2

Deleted, looks like test is set for the same as normal servers atm.

Edited by Hailiah
deleted

2 hours ago, Hailiah said:

Deleted, looks like test is set for the same as normal servers atm.

Sorry about that you are right it is now back on the archeology changes branch.

• Like 1

I can't use the test server on my laptop because the short cut don't let me chose what option I want to play.

Is there a way to get the test server without having to reinstal the whole game?

I tried reinstalling it on my desktop because it stopped working but it won't let me play it so now I am on the laptop but can only login as the New UI and Live and nothing else...

Thanks in advance

if you are steam it's easy:

• To use the test client, For Steam, right-click Wurm Online in your Steam Library and click Properties. Then add a -c to the Launch Options. This will give you a prompt to select the Test Client.

If you're not steam you can do this same thing it's just in another spot:

• Right click the shortcut you use for wurm Then add a -c to the end of the content in the target line. What I have looks like this:

"C:\Users\<your user>\AppData\Local\Programs\Wurm Online\WurmLauncher64.exe" -c

Live now on Druska:

Tin ore no longer shows as a metal fragment on second stage of investigation

• Like 1