LesW

The Truth of the Town board note graphics

Okay after banging my head repeatedly on the keyboard. I finally had to go to google translate to translate the translation. For those of you who are familiar with Norse Futhark, the Viking 'Written" word the notes on a town message board are written in younger Futhark. However they do not translate into clean English my notes on the top left one. and this could be pure gibberish but it's close. and sorry if I see stuff written in runes I have to know what it means.

Topline (Annunsivin) Finish for "The most generous" Second Line "Aufilloki" Greek for Mistletoe

Lines 3 & 4  (Hi' Will will.) English 5 (ani wari wil) Arabic "I see will". Signature (Bili'l alil) Maltese for "By the way". I Thought it was a gibberish google translate thing.

But then why is the entire note on the right all written in Turkish.

1) (Fener file) Lantern net 2) (fill ak) fill white 3) (laakirk far) Light headlight 4) (virer saak) Headlight 5) (Va ar) There are

Not gunna get into the third letter at the bottom cause my eyes aren't good enough to read the runes even at high resolution they blur to much. If anyone else wants to Take a crack at it. This webpage has the key at the top. It is trial and error with a lot of runes because the more represent the sound they make instead of a letter (Not being Latin based) However google translate can take "Phonically correct words in other languages and translate to English) I provided to direct letter for letter translation to the runs I was able to discover. Good luck. Website referenced  _>Younger Futhark Rune Key?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett

Edited by LesW
Added screenshot of town message board
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, LesW said:

But then why is the entire note on the right all written in Turkish.

im pretty sure the answer to this and everything else you dont like about this is that Saroman or whoever else made this just wanted it to look good and didn't bother trying to make the text make sense.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Tpikol said:

im pretty sure the answer to this and everything else you dont like about this is that Saroman or whoever else made this just wanted it to look good and didn't bother trying to make the text make sense.

I rather enjoyed that rabbit hole. @SaromanI think that tag was right, and I apologize of and forum rules I just violated. But if this was one of your creations. It was nicely done. My favorite kind of puzzles are crypto grams. And this is the most fun I've had in a game just reading post-it notes on a sign :) Thank you

Edited by LesW
Typo's brain tired
  • Like 2

Wow, I've never looked closely at these before. Thank you for this post! But I think Google translate has led you on something of a wild goose chase. I've used the Wikipedia younger futhark article to decode the first message (top left), which is actually kind of hilarious:

Announcement

our village

has

mead mead

and more mead

so please

join us

Now to crack the others...

• Like 8
  • Cat 1

The one on the right:

Very fine

village

looking for

miner cook

mason

And at bottom:

Recruitment

please join our

glorious village

the mayor

It looks like they have been written in the expanded medieval runes that evolved out of the younger futhark, but with the larger 'sol' rune representing a hard letter 'C' instead of 'S'. There also seems to be a typo: the second 'R' has been omitted from 'recruitment'.

• Like 9
  • Cat 1

8 minutes ago, Caolon said:

The one on the right:

Very fine

village

looking for

miner cook

mason

And at bottom:

Recruitment

please join our

glorious village

the mayor

It looks like they have been written in the expanded medieval runes that evolved out of the younger futhark, but with the larger 'sol' rune representing a hard letter 'C' instead of 'S'. There also seems to be a typo: the second 'R' has been omitted from 'recruitment'.

Dude thank you so much. I knew they had to mean something or they would've put complete randomillity to them. Thank you so much I was can take another crack at them this morning. But congratulations on the translation.

• Like 1

Makes me want to look for other things in the game that might have so form of writing on it. Keep the hunt alive ya know

You know, you have to appreciate the attention to detail when you can take seemingly random signs from one graphic in the game and actually translate them!

Also, if you ever look at the gravestone and translate that text, it will read something like "respawn already". 

• Like 1

Yes hello?  Are we casting runes?? 🧙‍♀️

As an adjacent rune reading,
I'll add the wagon for the Apocalypse Order PMK:

The side of the wagon reads:  "Welcome to a new beginning"
PhfuvEk.jpg

The back of the wagon reads:  "Money talks"
5wTtCo9.jpg

And the crates inside the wagon read: "AO"
kjoAp2o.jpg

And yes - I absolutely love discovering these small details!

Edited by Sidereal
hit return accidentally! >.<
  • Like 2

On 7/25/2022 at 1:10 PM, Caolon said:

Wow, I've never looked closely at these before. Thank you for this post! But I think Google translate has led you on something of a wild goose chase. I've used the Wikipedia younger futhark article to decode the first message (top left), which is actually kind of hilarious:

Announcement

our village

has

mead mead

and more mead

so please

join us

Now to crack the others...

On 7/25/2022 at 1:40 PM, Caolon said:

The one on the right:

Very fine

village

looking for

miner cook

mason

And at bottom:

Recruitment

please join our

glorious village

the mayor

Heh, i didnt read the answers in this thread before starting to translate, but for the record - i got the same results. :D *High-five*

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Normal I would not Necromancy on the forums. But you'll get a kick out of this addition. After all it's coming from a Spirit gate. It's under constructions of course, but yet again. Wonder what this one says. 

?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett

?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett

Edited by LesW
Fixed Photos

Posted (edited)

I am not learned in runes, but to me the spirit gate writing looks like:

First pic (read mirrored right to left):
ᛞᛖᚨᛏᚺ ᚨWᚨᛁᛋ -- "death awaits"

Second pic writing on the arch (read mirrored right to left; if the arch is supposed to form a n-shape in the end, the text would then be upside down):

ᚺᛖᛚᛖ ᛞᛖᚨᛏᚺ ᚨWᚨᛁᛋ -- "here death awaits"

Uses mostly older futhark, with a younger S. Where I wrote W in the rune text it uses what looks like an upside down ᛗ=M rune apparently. The "here" reads as "hele" with a ᛚ=L, but I assume that was a typo.

Edited by Albrun
  • Like 4