Nordlys

The Independence Exploration Map

The Independence Exploration Map!

Please take a quick moment to read the description in this thread and see examples on how to submit to the map at the bottom.

Map Link:  -> Link to map <-

The administrators of this map: @tronn@Aristia- @Nordlys

Special thanks to @Yagaand @Substrfor developing and maintaining such an easy tool for exploration in Wurm!

Map policy:

The aim for this map is to be a supplement to the other community maps out there, and to get as good an exploration feel as possible.

To achieve this goal we now welcome everyone in the community to submit their findings to this map, as long as its withing the needs and rules for this map.

The community of Independence have over several years had an "opt-in policy" for the community map. We dont think this is the time or place to touch or change that subject - so for this map we will only add deeds if its the mayor who submits it. If the community of Independence should change their minds about this, we will follow the general publics opinion.

We will add: Bridges, tunnels, canals, guard towers and mission structures regardless of where they are placed (on and off deed). Deeds will be added if submitted by the mayor and removed as soon as a disband note is seen.

We will not add: Roads, highways, resources (clay, tar), old deeds (archaeology) or colossi to this map. This both because there are other very good maps for such, but also because we think the official map dumps offer a good enough solution.

Features:

1. Map coordinates

The map offers a common type of map grid (as an optional overlay), using the same denotation as the in-game map (for example "E 24").

However, to place and find locations in a much more detailed way the new map is based on "tile coordinates" (x, y), making it possible to narrow down locations to a single tile on the server!

This allows us to place deeds and landmarks much more precisely.

2. Zoom!

The map provides various zoom levels, allowing to zoom in from a view of the entire server to close-ups of single deeds.

3. Layers!

Deeds, Tunnels, Canals, Bridges etc. are actually map layers which can be toggled on and off. You can also choose among two map types (Terrain, Topographical).

4. Search!

The map offers an easy-to-use search function for deeds, guard towers and mission structures.

5. Selecting locations and copy coordinates!

You are able to select any point on the map and save the coordinates for future use.

Submitting data and contributing to the map:

Please make a post in this thread to report new or changed data. Do not send PMs, neither on the forum, discord nor in-game!

Click once on the map to see the coordinates in the browser url and "Selected Location" field.

Either copy the link or copy the coordinates from the "Selected Location" field and paste the result here.

Deeds: Please use the settlement name and the coordinates of the settlement token.

Guard towers, Mission structures: Please submit the coordinates for such, along with what type of structure it is and the name of it.

Tunnels, Canals, Bridges: Please report the coordinates of all points describing the route (starting point, "bends" if any, ending point).

These elements can also be given a name so please add that also if the local community has agreed on one. 

If the bridge, tunnel or canal is too short we might not have space to add in the name to the map as we dont want to clutter up the map too much.

Example how to add a deedhttps://independence.yaga.host/#1913,2355 Deed: The Howl

Example how to add a guard towerhttps://independence.yaga.host/#1901,2220 Guard tower: Zorako 714

Example how to add a mission structurehttps://independence.yaga.host/#2035,2404 Obelisk: Sleeps Stand

Example how to add a tunnel, canal or bridge (example is from FM Cave Canal with one bend) "[1894, 2406], [1894, 2399], [2027, 2399]"

Edited by Nordlys
  • Like 12

you can also PM Tronn in-game if you don't have a forum account.

5 hours ago, maximusi said:

https://independence.yaga.host/#1308,1770 Deed: Seahaven Valley

I will respond later with the guard towers once I have the names.

Thank you :)

1 hour ago, Lycanthropic said:

Nice Nordlys, please add Havilah to 1246, 1428, many thanks :)

As for guardtower names, a few of us have been doing some hard work on the WurmNode map => https://www.wurmnode.com/server/independence/map

Maybe you can transfer them over to your Yaga-map.

Both added, thanks guys! :) 

• Like 1

Fir Retreat Deed 2359, 2777

Freedom guard tower "Traipse 426"   2343, 2783

Freedom Guard Tower "Gamerdood 234"  2271, 2761 

Obelisk "Charge of Dreams" 2318, 2828

Under Grotto Deed 2534, 3272

HOTS Guard Tower "Broken 634"  2513, 3307

Freedom Guard Tower "Achilles 170" 2502, 2976 

HOTS Guard Tower "Perodin 538" 2326, 2720 

Freedom Guard Tower "Wizalicious 58" 2257, 2874 

Freedom Guard Tower "Hauler 770" 2323, 2854

Freedom Guard Tower "Maximusii 314" 2575, 3257

Edited by kordethbludscythe
finished editing

6 minutes ago, kordethbludscythe said:

Freedom guard tower Traipse   2343, 2783

Freedom Guard Tower 2271, 2761 SSW

Guard Tower 2513, 3307 FR

Freedom Guard Tower 2502, 2976 Lizzy

Guard Tower 2326, 2720 SSN

Freedom Guard Tower 2257, 2874 old rift

will edit this shortly with actual names on towers i have to jump into the game to get them

Added your deed. The obelisk is already on the map. Please check the map if any of the guard towers are already added also. You can view guard towers and mission structures by clicking the "Special places" button (or hotkey S).

Will add the guard towers when you have edited your post. :) 

40 minutes ago, kordethbludscythe said:

Freedom guard tower "Traipse 426"   2343, 2783

Freedom Guard Tower "Gamerdood 234"  2271, 2761 

HOTS Guard Tower "Broken 634"  2513, 3307

Freedom Guard Tower "Achilles 170" 2502, 2976 

HOTS Guard Tower "Perodin 538" 2326, 2720 

Freedom Guard Tower "Wizalicious 58" 2257, 2874 

Freedom Guard Tower "Hauler 770" 2323, 2854

Freedom Guard Tower "Maximusii 314" 2575, 3257

Thanks for both deed and tower data, all the ones that were not already on the map, have been added. :)

1 minute ago, tronn said:

Got it added ty for the input

Just added a bit more info to my post a guard tower right next to me to. I will add info here occasionally about tower locations around me if it helps?

Just now, Jackdryden said:

Just added a bit more info to my post a guard tower right next to me to. I will add info here occasionally about tower locations around me if it helps?

Any and all tower information will be great, you can check under the Special places layer to check if it is on the map. It is also helpful if a tower decays and that is also posted!

^ what Aristia said will help those working on the treasure maps know where things are.

2 minutes ago, Aristia said:

Any and all tower information will be great, you can check under the Special places layer to check if it is on the map. It is also helpful if a tower decays and that is also posted!

Just now, tronn said:

^ what Aristia said will help those working on the treasure maps know where things are.

Ok got ya! Will spend a little time making a note of the tower locations around me that aren't on the map. 

Love this map, thank you so much. I am happy to contribute however I can.