Sign in to follow this  
Madnath

Hitching posts pvp bugs

- They display the wrong chance to pick, tested with a lock that had <5% chance to pick and picked it consistently. Picked >100 at ~30% pick chance and none failed. They're showing pick chances equal to what a vehicle would be with the same ql lock, but I think the actual pick chance is closer to small chest chances
- Once they're picked, you're able to hitch animals to it, and then the person who hitched that animal can unhitch that animal by right clicking it, but anyone else gets "[2022-07-22] [17:27:32] You cannot lead this creature, or you cannot use the hitching post." as an error message, as freedom-style last owner permissions are taking control. You however, can unhitch all by right clicking the hitching post as normal then rehitch ones you didn't take. There's no way to take ownership or re-lock them as they're non-loadable and unable to be picked up or commanded.

- You can't bash hitching posts placed by someone else when they're locked even on deed, which seems like another freedom restriction

edit:

hell foals are still hostile when hitched with food

Edited by Madnath

On 7/24/2022 at 2:35 AM, Madnath said:

There's no way to take ownership or re-lock them as they're non-loadable and unable to be picked up or commanded.

If a hitching post is lockpicked and therefore has no lock on it anymore, they are loadable into a wagon or large ship. At least this is the case on Defiance.

If you can get the lock-free hitching post loaded, there is a tedious workaround to changing ownership:

1. Pick the hitching post.

2. Load the hitching post into a vehicle.

3. Drag the hitching post from one vehicle to another (and back again usually, in my case).

4. Voila! You now own the hitching post and can secure it, lock it, etc.

It does however seem to remember which kingdom it came from, strangely enough. So my permission options are: Village, Alliance, Citizens of my deed, or Enemy Kingdom. 🙃