Sign in to follow this  
Yaros

Cannot improve/repair paved bridges

When I try to improve or repair a paved bridge with a highway it replaces pavement instead.

Z2hp6Hp.png

kWWCdv5.png

tMpgO7J.png

I will add to this that i tried to repair a slate bridge with a slate brick. I could repair the slate bridge with no paving, with prepared and with slate brick pavement.

Edit: this is just additional information. There seems to be a problem indeed regarding the submitted bug report.

Edited by Nordlys

I guess the key factor here is the highway since only when the bridge is paved, and has a highway, it has a "replace paving" option, which triggers when you try to improve or repair it. Someone must check how it works on a not paved bridge with a highway. 

2 minutes ago, Yaros said:

I guess the key factor here is the highway since only when the bridge is paved, and has a highway, it has a "replace paving" option, which triggers when you try to improve or repair it. Someone must check how it works on a not paved bridge with a highway. 

The bridge i tested on was also a highway, and had damage to it before highway got placed. I could repair the slate bridge both with no paving on it, wile only prepared, and with slate brick paving.

I think the key factor lays with different paving material compared to bridge type.

Edited by Nordlys

1 minute ago, Nordlys said:

I think the key factor lays with different paving material compared to bridge type.

I have tested it on the stone bridge with a stone brick pavement. It also replaces pavement instead of improve/repair. 

what happens if you remove the catseyes so it isn't a highway ? There would be no "Repave" option so that should no longer happen I believe.

27 minutes ago, Explora said:

what happens if you remove the catseyes so it isn't a highway ? There would be no "Repave" option so that should no longer happen I believe.

Are trying to say that I have to remove 300 cateyes each time I want to improve the bridge, then make 300 new cateyes and replant them? I guess it may be more reasonable to just fix the bug.

7 hours ago, Yaros said:

Are trying to say that I have to remove 300 cateyes each time I want to improve the bridge, then make 300 new cateyes and replant them? I guess it may be more reasonable to just fix the bug.

I think Explora is trying to go through the process of ruling out specific situations eg if a bridge without doesnt give that option does a bridge that has its highway removed also work as the previous one or not.
The more info there is about a bug the easier it potentially is to fix it even if some of the questions might sound silly

They arent asking to remove all 300 cats eyes but only a small section temporarily to see if it still does it or if its purely only while there is highway protection active on that tile that you are trying to repair/improve

• Like 1

9 hours ago, wipeout said:

They arent asking to remove all 300 cats eyes but only a small section temporarily to see if it still does it or if its purely only while there is highway protection active on that tile that you are trying to repair/improve

I mean it seemed apparent to me that it is a highway issue from the dialog with Nordlys, but I guess you are right - it is better to double-check.

Here it is:

kO2jEDa.png

The left tile without highway protection, and the right tile with protection.

ZNXknva.png

Improving the left tile.

qYO0gbm.pngihag7VO.png

Improving the right tile.

• Like 1

@wipeoutis right I didn't intend that you remove all the catseyes to work on the bridge I just suggested that you remove enough to confirm that it was the highway causing the problem. Which you have done 👍 - hopefully that helps developers figure out what's wrong.

Thank you for reporting this, I've added it to the list :)