Sign in to follow this  
Darkelf

Infos about setting up a map/server

I manage to setup my own huge 8k world or server, flying around on this character and checking to see everything is alright. I havent laid down any deed yet, just curious that when i played on the old adventure (default), i was unable to sell things to the merchant. And yes the merchant has plenty of coins, i do remember doing this Online though. Also wish i could make this merchant as a banker, so you can store your coins there instead of using the settlement token. I know feel funny or weird using the settlement token to drop coins in the bank, kinda remind me of a slot machine lol.

While still working to get this world setup, any suggestions will be nice. Want to set this up, before i release it on Pingperfect, so others can use it.

Btw, how can i tell if a player or players using hack or cheats? I really like to know, incase there an issues that need to be addressed. Also, i cant seem to find the Alter of Three and Bone Alter on the create item, while using the ebony wand. Does anyone know where or how to create this?

Edited by Darkelf

41 minutes ago, Darkelf said:

i was unable to sell things to the merchant. And yes the merchant has plenty of coins, i do remember doing this Online though.

Merchants don't buy things, you need a trader.

Item needs to have some value for the trader (right click --> Prices --> Get price)

42 minutes ago, Darkelf said:

Also wish i could make this merchant as a banker, so you can store your coins there instead of using the settlement token.

You would have to mod that, there might be a public mod available which does something close to that.

42 minutes ago, Darkelf said:

Btw, how can i tell if a player or players using hack or cheats?

Unless the player isn't very smart, you can't. At this point you often don't even need AHK or any other software other than proprietary software from the keyboard/mouse manufacturer like Logitech or Corsair. Many of them have built in automation functionality with random delays and so on which make the actions look very organic so unless someone is preforming actions on a non-randomized timer, you'd effectively have to poke or pm every single player to check if they are attending the game and even then most would probably respond while their macro is running, This applies to all games, not only Wurm.

46 minutes ago, Darkelf said:

Also, i cant seem to find the Alter of Three and Bone Alter on the create item,

try Altar instead of Alter in the filter field and use * for wildcard.

4BkkANW.png

j0g4nG8.png

• Like 1

Thank you @Locath.

Btw, i just realize i mis-spell Alter should have been Altar lol. Sorry for the typo.

Edited by Darkelf

The banker from the Mthec's NPCs mod would probably be right for you

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Tyoda said:

The banker from the Mthec's NPCs mod would probably be right for you

Cool thank you, i will look into it.

@Locath, still doesnt show on that Altar of Three or Bone Altar, curious can you have more than one on the map? This is a custom map made by someone, wasnt sure if there is one around here. This map was copy from Creative and using custom map over it, etc. Database rebuild, etc.

Trying to find a way to track it, if there is one and get that position and remove it. So i can place one elsewhere. Wasnt sure if you are allow to have more than one Altar of Three or Bone on a single map.

Edited by Darkelf

Just tested this, the altar was created in my inventory. I couldn't drop it via the drop on ground option but it did let me place it.

10 minutes ago, Tyoda said:

https://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/165231-altar-of-3-and-bone-altar-issues/

Others have had issues with altars as well, but they should always show up if you write *Altar* in Create.
You should check if you have End Game Items enabled. In the server GUI it's under Local Server->Advance Server Settings->End Game Items

Ah that maybe the issues, i will check into that. Didnt realize that launch settings will have effects on all items and/or structures in the game like that.

10 minutes ago, Locath said:

Just tested this, the altar was created in my inventory. I couldn't drop it via the drop on ground option but it did let me place it.

I could do that too.

Well i did check on the launcher settings, the endgame items is enabled. Also try to see if i can add one to the inventory, but no luck and still cant see that Altar of Three or Bone on the ebony wand-> create item. I can see tons of stuffs on there, but not those two epic altars i mention.

So possible there are already out there, but i have no ideas where they are. Is there a way to track it, so i can teleport there?

Thank for the link Tyoda, its possible that the database doesnt have all these epic items on creative map, so i am gonna try copy from adventure map and add the custom map overlay, then rebuild the data base. See what happen then.

Edited by Darkelf

You could check if they exists in the wurmitems database

if you don't know how, easiest is(assuming you're on windows):

1. Download the zip (no installer) version of https://sqlitebrowser.org/dl/

2 . Unzip it anywhere

3. Run the "DB Browser for SQLite.exe" file

4. Click on "Open Database"

5. Find and open the wurmitems.db file (it's in ServerRootFolder/YourWorld'sName/sqlite/wurmitems.db)

6. Go to the Execute SQL tab (in DB Browser)

7. Paste this in there: SELECT NAME, POSX, POSY FROM ITEMS WHERE NAME="Altar of Three" OR NAME="Huge bone altar";

8. Hit the execute button (looks like a play button)

9. The names and the position (If they exist) should appear in a table-like structure under where you copied it

Edited by Tyoda

Well it wont work under Adventure, cause the scripts having npcs, etc. So cant load custom map onto AdventureCopy, etc. Anyway, i uninstall, delete the directory and start all over fresh this time. So copy the Creative and rename it, place the custom over it, then rebuild the database. After making my character, relog everything and activate the ebony wand, finally it show the Altar of Three and Bone. Idk must be a glitch or something, there no telling what was going on in the folder where the creative files is, been sitting there for a long time.

Thanks for trying to help, finally got where i want to do here.