And again...

Small Bow

Bow

Long Bow

Right now the skills are named...

Small Bow

Medium Bow

Long Bow

So maybe we should make the item "Bow" into "Medium Bow"?...

Maybe while we are at it change "Small Bow" into "Short Bow" to make a tad more sense?...

• Like 4

Axes are the same. Along that same lines who in there right mind would chop down a tree with a hatchet you would use an axe.

• Like 1

Short bow instead of "small" bow... that just seems like a funny way of saying sling shot.

• Like 1

No argument that item names and skill names should match, but not sure where 'small bow' came from. Both the item and skill are already named 'short bow' and always have been?

Standardise suggestions to standardise weapon shield and bow names 

• Like 1

SHRIMPPIEEEEEE why you do this to me

If anything medium blow skill should become bow skill >.>

the following kinda depends on culture and time period but going of wurms nordic medieval inspiration we shall go with viking recurve bows(very similar in size and draw strength as eastern euorpe/asia), for normal bows its any bow really(bow length is based on arm length stretched out), for long bows its your iconic British long bow

wurm short bow's closest counter part is a recurve bow
wurm bow's closest counter part is any other bow that does not fall into the longbow category(any bow who's draw length is less then 1.5m)
wurm's long bow actually fits its design and firing distance

But in the end it really comes down to how tall are wurmians and what are we using them for ;)

As for names just do what i said in my 2nd line rename medium bow skill to bow skill yes it goes against your idea of making it the same but makes more sense
Also please no to making it short bow unless you rename all 3 bow skills and adjust the models to fit accordingly

Just my 2 cents

Yes, to all of this standardizing shields, bows, axes..

• Like 2

I hate to complicate things, but maybe some of this might be interesting if not useful. First off, the Longbow in the world of Wurm is not a longbow. It is a recurve bow. Longbows have one curve of consistent radius. (Slice a circle into sections and the pieces make longbow shapes. Recurve bows have 3 bends, 1 central inward and 2 outward at the ends. The 'Bow' or medium, bow is also a recurve. The recurve is a more modern design and is the type used in Olympic competition. In 1969 a version of the recurve design was created which omitted modern conveniences of the recurve like stabilizers,  sights and aiming marks and was called the Barebow. This type is the closest comparison to the Wurm 'Bow' or middle/medium bow. The Short bow model in Wurm is the closest to a correct longbow shape, just needs to be taller. 

So - perhaps Barebow is a name worth considering - certainly would make people curious as to why it's called that, and also it would be great to see a correct model of a longbow in Wurm. 

Just some random archery trivia for you...  

• Like 1