Sign in to follow this  
Ayuna

Suggestion: An Impalong video tutorial

I've noticed that each Impalong gets a few people completely new to the concept of Impalongs and Friendalongs. These are people who are no strangers to Wurm or to the Wurm forums. Each individual Impalong typically has its own forum thread with all the relevant info, however this is too confusing for those completely new to them. We need tidbits of info in a very palatable and fun format - how about a video? A quick crash course on the general purpose and structure of Impalongs and Friendalongs, differences between the two, what is usually found on an Impalong map (Parking, Inn, Arena, Imping hall, Dining area, etc), events that can usually be found there, getting the most out of an Impalong/Friendalong, etc. 

After attending the latest SFI Impalong, I realized that these events encompass most of the beauty of Wurm and are too wonderful to not know about.

If something like this already exists, apologies. I wish I could make this my project, but this would take me a few months to complete, sadly. 

• Like 2

this would be nice, but i have zero exp in video editing

• Cat 1

Hmm should be pretty easy via twitch stream, as long as we could download/save/upload to forum. .... will give it some thought. @Josuhacalvert@Malenaseems easy enough. ... ? Any advice is welcome. ... I assume voice-over would have to be done during the livestream, rather than added after the fact.

• Like 1

Hi

I don't have any experience yet on video editing, but in relation to streaming, one could be done. Prob best to have a script of sorts,

One possible format off the top of my head could be, a pre event tour maybe?

General overview of the type of Impalong its going to be.

Tour of each building and general layout with an explanation of it's purpose?

What events will be held

Also if the organisers what to be on the stream and answer questions via discord?

General info given out?

There are a lot of streamers who stream Wurm now so i'm sure other peeps might have some ideas too.

It would be good in some respects if it was an "Official Wurm Online" Stream maybe? Im not sure whats happening with the VEN network but thats maybe also another option

• Like 3

yep thats what im thinking, stream it as a tour, with a script - then could we download/save it to permanently stay on the thread?

• Like 2