Sign in to follow this  
Docterchese

Looking for underground deed ideas

So, since returning to Wurm a few months ago, I promised myself that I wouldn't take on another big deed project for a while.

Well, that all changed when the fire nation attacked when I accidentally saw this scene in the trailer for Wurm Online on Steam:

8E1g6Yr.jpg

... I absolutely love the look of this huge underground world and I want to build one for myself, specifically a sort of "pirate cove" theme - with all sorts of buildings, waterways, bridges, and hidden secrets within.

Part of the appeal for me is that most people (myself included) don't build their deeds underground, and so it would be a pretty unique project. However, that also means that I've never seen and walked around anything like it in-game before, so it isn't easy to get ideas and inspiration on. Hopefully that's where the Wurm-forum-hivemind can come in!

I'd love it if people could post below with screenshots and/or videos of any underground deeds they've come across / own. I'd love to know about some more I can visit in person (I already know I need to visit Nadroj's deed on Exodus, Magranon's Rest, sometime soon.) I have a good understanding of the technical possibilities and limitations thanks to threads like this one, but I want some artistic inspiration so that I can start designing!

Extra points if you can find any examples of cave constructions with more natural-looking cave ceilings instead of the typical flat ceilings that most have.

Thanks for your help! 😁

tl;dr: please post cool underground deed screenshots below

• Like 9

@HomesteadHas a pretty neat underground deed I got to tour once. Maybe he'll post some screenshots. I'd also enjoy the inspiration to finally get around to turning my caves into something more than a resource hole.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Aleck said:

@HomesteadHas a pretty neat underground deed I got to tour once. Maybe he'll post some screenshots. I'd also enjoy the inspiration to finally get around to turning my caves into something more than a resource hole.

Thank you for the shout out. I'm glad you like it.

Disclaimers:  I'm terrible at screen shots.  The cave is not built to optimize screen shots.  :D  I think the scale of it needs to be seen in person (in avatar?).  Everything is 'a work in progress.' I **squirrel!!** between building, decorating, grinding, AH, bit of gardening..... wait! brb - * Squirrel!* ..................

I am very happy to have visitors.  Indeed, as Aleck can attest, I make it a requirement for completion of any sales transaction completed at Starkers.  Required payment always includes taking the tour and saying how great it looks. (Regardless of actual opinion.)  Added bonus of a visit, you get to see the rest of the deed, too.  The Maze, The Chessboard, stables, docks....

Attempt at some screen shots. But, again, if you'd like to take a look around, just visit Starkers on Melody at around O15/16.  The deed can be seen from the starter town of Overture and is a short run on highway to the deed.  Guard tower protection all the way.

"The Maze" is seen clearly from Overture.

From the entrance:

INYOREU.jpg

Crowning Jewel - The Cathedral (Disregard the statue. Out of place there. Was just sitting there for screenshot for an auction. Set up an auction page for someone who wasn't comfortable doing it themselves.):

iL5rc0I.jpg

ZfE1wlx.jpg

Banquet Hall:

NI3RnQ1.jpg

A cathedral needs staff. :D   Both the deed mate and I have a few priest alts. So, a simple 'dormitory' for the "monks:"

l1O4Ggq.jpg

Different view of the dormitory, for scale:

olmRC8y.jpg

Cathedral Annex/Offices - New Construction/still underway. About 1/3rd done For now. Until the next addition......

WytyIqY.jpg

MiG4Gis.jpg

Hard to see the interior hallways. Just can't get a good angle or far enough away while still seeing it, but just for general idea, one intersection looking up:

hRtwNk6.jpg

Best I can do for screen shots. 

Come visit.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Homestead said:

Best I can do for screen shots. 

Come visit.

Wow, that looks amazing! What server are you on? I should definitely stop by sometime and visit. That cathedral looks epic.

Edited by Docterchese

8 minutes ago, Docterchese said:

Wow, that looks amazing! What server are you on? I should definitely stop by sometime and visit. That cathedral looks epic.

Starkers on Melody at around O15/16.  The deed can be seen from the starter town of Overture and is a short run on highway to the deed.  Guard tower protection all the way.

"The Maze" is seen clearly from Overture.

The Cathedral was designed and started by the founder of the deed who got me into Wurm.  I've just added to it.

• Like 1

On 7/21/2022 at 4:05 PM, Xalorum said:

Check out @Nadrojdeed on Exodus for some ideas, too.

Ye I made a mountain hollow. For fun!

If you wanna poke through the very veryyyy lengthy process i've chronicled making it the thread is here : 

Some underground highlights though for this thread:

The Warehouse with wraparound bridge ramp.

Spoiler

8Wh3QwO.jpg

Underground Aggressive Animal Testing Grounds. Is a bit more full these days too xD

Spoiler

pxb6B9M.jpg

One of many tunnels in/out of the deed proper

Spoiler

40fk0ae.jpg

Spoiler

qxfWvZ5.jpg

Boat Mine Before:

Spoiler

3QZHJ9e.jpg?1

And After:

Spoiler

JLRXrOp.png

Main Cavern Wider shot

Spoiler

AM1Uk0a.jpg

I've got a lot of space left unused in here, someday i hope to put together a cathedral in some of the open space, much like the one shown earlier in this thread actually hehe. lotta tunnels and ramps and whatnot too. So many tunnels and ramps....

• Like 5