Sign in to follow this  
Madnath

Add old monthly skins to treasure loot

As the title says, add old monthly skins to treasure loot chests.

The idea would be to add the monthly skins as they age past a certain point. Maybe all of 2020's skins first, then 2021's once 2023 hits, ect.

It's been said there's been discussion about a solution to the problem of old skins being totally unavailable, and I reckon this is a good way to bring them back.

Edited by Madnath
  • Like 14
  • Cat 2

Your idea!?

[21:51:48] <Vorlox> tbh I just want monthly skins. lol.

[21:52:20] <Madnath> old monthly skin tokens added to treasure loot

Yes. More loot variety would be awesome for chests. Even weapon/tool/armor fragments in various metal types would be cool.

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, Rudie said:

Your idea!?

[21:51:48] <Vorlox> tbh I just want monthly skins. lol.

[21:52:20] <Madnath> old monthly skin tokens added to treasure loot

Yes. More loot variety would be awesome for chests. Even weapon/tool/armor fragments in various metal types would be cool.

Derp, I didn't connect the dots they meant add them TO chests. My brad, Credit to Vorlox then

aye, not a huge fan of the more mundane items in the treasure such as metal lumps, leather, and various ropes. Perhaps if the ql was higher or more rarity.

Course having a wider range of content such as old skins is always a plus.

• Like 2

-1, that would destroy the market for them

-1 some people are holding onto old skins as they were told they would never be resurfaced. 

11 minutes ago, Votip said:

-1, that would destroy the market for them

Maybe a compromise would be to have old skin fragments drop in treasure chests.  This would reintroduce them but at a slower rate.  It also would help the market by offering new products for sale.

• Like 3

+1 would love to see a way to get old monthly skins and this seems like a great way! 

12 hours ago, Atndy said:

-1 some people are holding onto old skins as they were told they would never be resurfaced. 

Your business in game decisions shouldn't be backed up by the development decisions. I missed where someone is telling people the skins would never resruface, would you like to point me where exactly?

+1 for more fun stuff into the lottery

• Like 1

I am in favor of the idea, players who started after or were out during a particular skins timeframe should have a fair chance to obtain them at some point.

If not in harder treasure chests perhaps available as a random monthly skin on the marks store like the Jackal skins.

As for the 'market' I disagree with that being a reason not to revive old skins in some limited way at some point.

• Like 4

+1 

Old skins > year old can surface via treasure map skin tokens or in pieces by way of fragments.

As someone that has less time to be in game each month despite staying prem, I'd like the ability to find month skins i wasn't here for.  Now because some say "oh but the market" , I can see some value in a compromise of how we can acquire prior skins. 

- That being the potential of a skin token found in a treasure map loot is reserved to very rare chance and on the hardest maps only 

- old skin tokens are rarely found via fragments in treasure maps  or very rarely in archeology.

• Like 2

+1, I never liked the idea of making a nice looking skin and then making it available for a month only. It seems wasteful. These things slowly disappear from the game due to decay and people leaving, so they get more and more rare. Sure, that's nice for speculators and people who like to have unique stuff, but that excludes the vast majority of players and isn't good for the game as a whole. Making old skins available via treasure hunts means regular players will continue to be able to enjoy them indefinitely, which is much better.

• Like 3

Perhaps the people who are holding onto old skins should simply sell them. At some point, they're likely to become available again, one way or another. So it's reasonable to assume that prices are peaking.

I would like for chances to get some of the nice looking skins that arrived long before i started playing this game from the steam platform, if they were readily available for decent prices i would consider buying them but i think being able to find them in treasure chests would motivate me to go back out and deal with this time sink of a treasure hunt instead of saying "eff it" and going back to the time sinks that i can actually see progress with

+1, this keeps the loot pool fresh as something new automatically gets added to it every month, and it would allow people to get their hands on old skins through hard work. At the same time it's also good for the skins market as old skins become more readily available.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, kordethbludscythe said:

I would like for chances to get some of the nice looking skins that arrived long before i started playing this game from the steam platform

Hold the pitchfork.

Do I have a long lost cousin unbeknownst to me?  Perhaps an inconvenient dalliance between nun and Cardinal, a rummaging of the cupboards by maid and Lord.  Even Cousins amid grog, feast, and fowl hunts partook in blissful connubial dances. 

From which part of the undulating countryside did doth you hail?

Edited by Bloodscythe

10 hours ago, Bloodscythe said:

Hold the pitchfork.

Do I have a long lost cousin unbeknownst to me?  Perhaps an inconvenient dalliance between nun and Cardinal, a rummaging of the cupboards by maid and Lord.  Even Cousins amid grog, feast, and fowl hunts partook in blissful connubial dances. 

From which part of the undulating countryside did doth you hail?

Yeah i get that alot especially when i first started playing everyone was asking if we were the same person, however we both know that is not truth. I hail from the far west land of money worshipers commonly known as those greedy Americans yet for some reason i seem to be of the poorer persuasion, go figure that. But my ancestry is mostly from danish and german descent so who knows realistically though i have nearly a dozen different peoples whom i share real blood with so i am yer basic mongrel. The name i am using here for this game is basically a name of a godlike being i use to kill my players in the classic pen and paper dungeons and dragons games i run when they push me too far. >.<

That said i really lik eyour forum avatar :D

North Freedom 

Kordeth Bludscythe and clan on Melody Deeds_ Shackport,North Shackport,Keystone Isle

South Freedom 

Traipse and  alts on Independence Deeds_ Fir Retreat, Undergrotto

14 hours ago, kordethbludscythe said:

Yeah i get that alot especially when i first started playing everyone was asking if we were the same person,

North Freedom 

Kordeth Bludscythe and clan on Melody Deeds_ Shackport,North Shackport,Keystone Isle

South Freedom 

Traipse and  alts on Independence Deeds_ Fir Retreat, Undergrotto

Aha!! this explains sumfin, though i hadn't played on nfi, i heard tell of a bludscythe running about and there was speculation twas me for there was also a ping running about too on same server. 

I had to see for my own eyes, and made a toon and logged onto  harmony or sumfin in a southern spawn town and saw a village just south of starter that said bludscythe though was partially built.  I had such a chuckle finding it a bit surreal.

Very nice indeed, perhaps we will one day be able to swap scythe stories and admire which style and model scythe each prefer to use. 

Til then i can be found on SFI Celebration L24  Deeds Thorne Cliff, Thorne Cliff Harbor, Bloodroot, Autumn Grove.

My family of hardened earth folk include but not limited to Bloodscythe,

Mobius, Mondain, Oniichan, Brunwulf, Silky, Glasse, Aramisii, Dziku, Thunderstruck, pankcakebunnyman, Deadcrow, sassypants, Rabidscab, Mossfauna, Forestmonk, Bhuta, Gangrene, Confuscius.

as this post is a bit off topic other than related string i'll be my last on this thread.

Bump for skin tokens in treasure maps on very rare basis on the most difficult maps, it's not certainty but there is a small chance.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bloodscythe said:

I had to see for my own eyes, and made a toon and logged onto  harmony or sumfin in a southern spawn town and saw a village just south of starter that said bludscythe though was partially built.  I had such a chuckle finding it a bit surreal.

yeah that was my first place i owned but things happened and i moved, i will try and check out your spots in game in the near future as it gives me an excuse to do my favorite pastime(explore) so dont be surprised if you see Traipse in your neck of the woods in th enear future

Also sorry for hijacking a little of this thread  i now return everyone to the regularly scheduled thread

+1 to all skins over a year old being added to treasure map pool.

I want to get some of the pre-NFI ones on NFI.

• Like 1

On 7/31/2022 at 8:16 PM, Sheffie said:

Perhaps the people who are holding onto old skins should simply sell them. At some point, they're likely to become available again, one way or another. So it's reasonable to assume that prices are peaking.

It's not really a solution to say "just sell them" when often the skins that people can and will desire are already so scarce that they could be existing on accounts that don't play or got permabanned.

+1 Adding old skins to treasure chests would be a great way to bring them back into the world while keeping them rare. Please do this.

"The Market" is a terrible reason to restrict gameplay, and this game already does far too much of that.

Edited by Aleck
  • Cat 1