Sign in to follow this  
Tpikol

just weird random page "User:Zellmer/dough"

Not sure what the rules are, but I removed the reference to fine carpentry so it's no longer on the list.

Just a reminder that we don't allow players to edit other player's user or player pages without that player's permission (even if we don't like what's on there, unless it goes against Wurm rules). We know it sounds controversial, but remember we don't allow anyone to edit your personal page either!

This is a strange situation, so I'm leaving it, but these will be reverted in future. Thanks!

• Like 1

Perhaps it's time to tweak the rules to deal with situations like this?

I don't have a user page of my own, but if I did what would stop me tagging myself in all kinds of inappropriate pages in order to promote my merchants or whatever?

That example would be a violation of wiki rules.

We haven't reconsidered that rule because we want to allow players to have control of their own pages, to put what they want on it, without worry about other players interfering there (other than violation of wiki rules). No one would like it if other players were going in and changing information on their page. Part of the wiki is seeing player pages with misspellings, incorrect English,  claims of grandeur that may or may not be true, and allowing them their personal space anyway. 

make adding your own personal or test pages to mainspace categories be against the rules? that would help in cases like the one on this topic.

That is something we may consider, yes. We're looking at a few ways to improve player/user pages and that side of the wiki.