Sign in to follow this  
Ayuna

Tiramisu, a coffee dessert

There's 0.01% chance of this ever making its way into Wurm, but imagine being able to use coffee or Kahvesi in a recipe! 

Tiramisu usually calls for eggs, sugar, heavy cream, sweet cheese, espresso, rum, Frangelico (a liquor), lady fingers, and cocoa - all of which we can now replicate in Wurm. 

It's such a divine dessert. Come on, devs!

• Like 4

We are also missing chocolate covered coffee beans.

• Like 1
  • Cat 1

I want tiramisu too! It's one of my favorite things to make at home! (though I don't use eggs because raw eggs in the US can be dangerous-I use homemade whipped cream. I trust raw European eggs more).

You should try Tiramisu with Baileys drink. 

Here is the recipe:

1. To make the Tiramisu, whisk the egg yolks and sugar in a heatproof bowl until pale and thick. Place the bowl over a pan of simmering water and whisk for 5-7 minutes, until the mixture becomes thick and doubled in volume.
  2. Remove from heat and whisk in the Baileys Irish Cream. Then add the mascarpone cheese and whisk until smooth.
  3. In a separate bowl, whip the heavy cream and vanilla extract until it forms stiff peaks. Gently fold the whipped cream into the mascarpone mixture until well combined.
  4. Dip the ladyfingers into the cooled espresso, making sure they are completely coated but not too soggy. Arrange the soaked ladyfingers in a single layer in the bottom of a 9x13 inch dish.
  5. Spread half of the mascarpone mixture over the ladyfingers. Repeat with another layer of soaked ladyfingers and the remaining mascarpone mixture.
  6. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours, or overnight.
  7. When ready to serve, dust the top of the Tiramisu with cocoa powder.
  8. To make the Baileys drink, combine Baileys Irish Cream and milk or cream in a shaker or blender. Add ice cubes and shake or blend until well combined and frothy. 

The recipe is a bit complicated and requires a lot of time to spend in the kitchen. The rum balls recipe with rum extract  is a great alternative to Tiramisu dessert.

Edited by mauricee