Sign in to follow this  
Nirav

Rockcliff Museum Grand Opening 10am Sept 3rd

Wurm is finite, like all else. The things we own in Wurm are also finite. Even if we were to collect one of every single item ever made, we would at some point reach that goal, and there would be nothing more to collect until the Devs created something new. But names and stories have lives of their own, and this is what Rockcliff Museum was built to honor. It was built to honor all of you.

Most everything we make has a signature, and the names of the people in our world are worlds unto themselves. Without the people, the things have no meaning at all. Wurm has never really been about the things.  It has been about us, our stories, our struggles, battles, beautiful estates, forest cabins, exploring with friends, killing uniques together, having adventures, reforming the very land we live on.  Like Wurm, Rockcliff Museum is not really about the things, either.  It is about you. Everyone can contribute, and it is my dream that everyone does contribute, whether it is a donation of an item, or a story about someone who already has an item in the Museum. There will be a website created where you all will be able to do that.

It is also my dream that you see your story here. I hope as you wander and look at the signatures on items, you remember the people you met along your own journey. I hope you will re-experience the beauty of this world here that we made it together, and continue to make it together every hour.

Everyone is invited to the Grand Opening. Bring your friends, come anytime between 10am and 10pm Sat Sept 3rd.  I will be there all day that day.  After the 3rd, it will remain open to all as long as forever lasts in a world like ours.

• Like 12

I do so hope the Grand Opening of the Museum is a great success. .

It is so refreshing to hear of people like you who show just how (almost) infinite the possiblilities are for players to succeed in whatever they desire in Wurm whether it be standing at the forge all day, developing a wondrous range of colours, making a tasty selection of sweets, finding uniques, exploring every last tile of the continents or in your case creating an aspect that few folks will have contemplated as part of the game.

Brilliant!

• Like 1

This is super cool, Nirav.

I'm looking forward to visiting.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nirav said:

Wurm is finite, like all else. The things we own in Wurm are also finite. Even if we were to collect one of every single item ever made, we would at some point reach that goal, and there would be nothing more to collect until the Devs created something new. But names and stories have lives of their own, and this is what Rockcliff Museum was built to honor. It was built to honor all of you.

Most everything we make has a signature, and the names of the people in our world are worlds unto themselves. Without the people, the things have no meaning at all. Wurm has never really been about the things.  It has been about us, our stories, our struggles, battles, beautiful estates, forest cabins, exploring with friends, killing uniques together, having adventures, reforming the very land we live on.  Like Wurm, Rockcliff Museum is not really about the things, either.  It is about you. Everyone can contribute, and it is my dream that everyone does contribute, whether it is a donation of an item, or a story about someone who already has an item in the Museum. There will be a website created where you all will be able to do that.

It is also my dream that you see your story here. I hope as you wander and look at the signatures on items, you remember the people you met along your own journey. I hope you will re-experience the beauty of this world here that we made it together, and continue to make it together every hour.

Everyone is invited to the Grand Opening. Bring your friends, come anytime between 10am and 10pm Sat Sept 3rd.  I will be there all day that day.  After the 3rd, it will remain open to all as long as forever lasts in a world like ours.

Paragraphs, please. Some of us are elderly people with poor eyesight.

cool.

Map would be nice... hint hint.  :D

3 hours ago, Ajala said:

Paragraphs, please. Some of us are elderly people with poor eyesight

Sorry - I'm an old person who is terrible at writing anything on a forum. I thought there were paragraphs.

3 hours ago, Spacy said:

cool.

Map would be nice... hint hint.  :D

There will be updates.  :)  I am hoping for a bigger announcement in the near future.

Nirav.... You are after the very epicenter of my Wurmsoul. You really get it. You really get Wurm's incomparable gifts. I'll be watching this with huge interest

• Like 2

I would love to visit. please tell us what timezone you are on and the location of the deed more or less ?

thanks!

Row

• Like 1

This project is truly a great memorial to Independence and the community old, new, and to those no longer with us.

• Like 1

Timezone is CST, but that is why it will run for 12 hours.  After that opening, it will be open 24/7.

• Like 2

I know you put a lot of effort into this, and I hope that the grand opening will be glamorous! You deserve it! 🎉

• Like 2

@CamarilYou did a fantastic job on this, thank you So much.

Edited by Nirav

On 8/31/2022 at 9:22 PM, Camaril said:

Check out the website at rockcliffmuseum.com

The stories are amazing, I hope you find a way to share them inside the museum somehow

I enjoyed the read, thank you for all your work

• Like 1