Sign in to follow this  
McGarnicle

[NO BUG] Stamina drains faster when my pickaxe has 1 damage on it

I noticed this recently while mining out an iron vein. My stamina started draining much more when the pickaxe had gotten to a certain amount of damage. When the pickaxe is repaired then stamina drain goes back to normal. I recorded a video to show this. At first, you will see the my stamina drain significantly after queuing up 6 actions. Then I show the pickaxe damage and repair the pickaxe. The next 6 queued actions takes the amount of stamina that is expected.

Do you mean after todays restart? I will have to check to see if it is still happening. I will report back shortly.

What is the stamina % at when you mine with no damage and then with the damage after all 6 actions?

It seems as if the more damaged the pickaxe gets, the more the stamina drains, so its different every time. The thing about stamina drain is that a small difference after the 1st action causes a bigger difference in the next action. This is because you will be starting the 2nd action with less stamina causing the action timer to be longer, leaving you with less stamina when you start the 3rd action. When there is no damage on the pickaxe, all 6 actions are 3.0 seconds, whereas, with damage, the 2nd action is 3.1s then the 3rd is 3.3s etc. These values seem to get worse the more damage is on the pickaxe.

Stamina doesn’t affect timer length, the damage on the pick is lowering your effective skill and you’re JUST hitting the 3.0 threshold 

I do recall that mining got an overhaul at some point that removed the weird 30s timer when your skill was low. Seems I never really understood how the action timer worked at the top end. Is that threshold determined by a combination of your skill and the pickaxe ql?

9 hours ago, Archaed said:

Stamina doesn’t affect timer length

Yes, it does.

I'm assuming the damage of the pickaxe reduces the effective ql of the pickaxe, and since lower pickaxe ql means longer action timer, that's what's happening?

4 hours ago, Borstaskor said:

I'm assuming the damage of the pickaxe reduces the effective ql of the pickaxe, and since lower pickaxe ql means longer action timer, that's what's happening?

Not quite. It seems that there is a threshold determined by your mining skill plus’s the pickaxe ql. If you are above that threshold there seems to be a buff that reduces stamina drain. What was happening was that I was just above that threshold and when my pickaxe took damage it lowered the effective ql of the pickaxe so I went below that threshold. Repairing it brought it above again. 

9 hours ago, Shydow said:

Yes, it does.

Yeah my bad, I was confused lol 

On 7/23/2022 at 12:46 AM, McGarnicle said:

Not quite. It seems that there is a threshold determined by your mining skill plus’s the pickaxe ql. If you are above that threshold there seems to be a buff that reduces stamina drain. What was happening was that I was just above that threshold and when my pickaxe took damage it lowered the effective ql of the pickaxe so I went below that threshold. Repairing it brought it above again. 

Hmm... Interesting