Sign in to follow this  
Nordlys

Remove 10 tile movement limit for meditation

You know that message where event tells you that you should meditate somewhere else cause youre too close to where you meditated last? Is it possible to make the toon remember where they last meditated, even after you restart the client?

I hope so! :) 

Remove the requirement to move 10 tiles to meditate to gain skill ticks. This is anyway not the case if you relog or cross servers.

Edited by Nordlys

leaving the world clears that, why would you want it to stay?

4 minutes ago, Archaed said:

leaving the world clears that, why would you want it to stay?

For all those times where i relog (either by own will or wurms will). I always end up not remembering where i meditated last out of my two spots.

Server crossing goes in the same category, really.

Unless youre saying that it will work to meditate and get skill tick on the same spot after a relog? That sounds wierd in any case.

Edited by Nordlys

The server only remembers where you last meditated while you're in the world, if you leave the world it forgets.

So yes, if you leave the world you can meditate in the same place 

It will work. Look at it this way, the game doesn't know where you were last, so it can't penalize you.

I was having trouble remembering where I last meditated as well. The solution I came up with is to use a puppet as a marker. When it is time to meditate, I take it from the last place I used and place it by the corner of the meditation rug I'm about to use. It's easy to spot, and I don't have to remember which rug/tile I used last.

7 hours ago, Nordlys said:

You know that message where event tells you that you should meditate somewhere else cause youre too close to where you meditated last? Is it possible to make the toon remember where they last meditated, even after you restart the client?

I hope so! :) 

People normally do not move and meditate on same tile.(with relog between the actions, logging out and in clears tracking where you last meditated, client/server or session based.. it is what it is.. and most relog to skip the moving)

I was crashing a lot on an old pc and end up having 1 smithing area indoors and another 1x tile shack where I grinded same skill or different one.

Same crashing from long time ago.. made me write simple event-log search script to find when I meditated last(I still use that thing today to lookup all kinds of event log messages with ease; add habit of examining where you do it and you get time and place when it's in buildings).. as to the problem where I last meditated.. if I get distracted with other things in the 30min-3h intervals... well that's a good one.. just pick random direction further from either place, walk 10 tiles and meditate there..

This is not the problem.. problem is:

1 inconsistency of meditation skill ticks;

2 skill tick size;

3 and limited amount of actions per day;

Edited by Finnn

9 hours ago, Nordlys said:

Unless youre saying that it will work to meditate and get skill tick on the same spot after a relog? That sounds wierd in any case.

I have alts that only ever meditated on the one tile all the way to 70, you dont need the message because you literally dont need it 😀

Distance requirement should have been removed by now

1 hour ago, SmeJack said:

I have alts that only ever meditated on the one tile all the way to 70, you dont need the message because you literally dont need it 😀

10 hours ago, Anarres said:

It will work. Look at it this way, the game doesn't know where you were last, so it can't penalize you.

10 hours ago, Archaed said:

The server only remembers where you last meditated while you're in the world, if you leave the world it forgets.

So yes, if you leave the world you can meditate in the same place 

I (obviously) didnt know this, and was just assuming it was a rule that the game followed. And something is clearly wonky here, so ive changed the suggestion. Thanks guys. :) 

Edited by Nordlys

4 hours ago, Finnn said:

People normally do not move and meditate on same tile.(with relog between the actions, logging out and in clears tracking where you last meditated, client/server or session based.. it is what it is.. and most relog to skip the moving)

I was crashing a lot on an old pc and end up having 1 smithing area indoors and another 1x tile shack where I grinded same skill or different one.

Same crashing from long time ago.. made me write simple event-log search script to find when I meditated last(I still use that thing today to lookup all kinds of event log messages with ease; add habit of examining where you do it and you get time and place when it's in buildings).. as to the problem where I last meditated.. if I get distracted with other things in the 30min-3h intervals... well that's a good one.. just pick random direction further from either place, walk 10 tiles and meditate there..

This is not the problem.. problem is:

1 inconsistency of meditation skill ticks;

2 skill tick size;

3 and limited amount of actions per day;

The movement is another thing that makes it tedious but yeah those are the 3 biggest issues.

12 hours ago, Nordlys said:

Remove the need to move 10 tiles to meditate, unless you cross server or relog.

The way this sounds is kinda funny "you don't have to move unless you cross server or relog"

I get the idea of removing the 10 tile limit i don't like it too but the whole skill needs fixing honestly the way to grind it is just silly how much time it takes some of its path's are just too unbalanced(pok and pol are actually fine) the moving 10 tiles is but a symptom of a much bigger problem that is the entire skill itself

• Like 1