Sign in to follow this  
Makarus

village emblems and aplications

in game symbol chooser menu for village logo

apply to tabard

add cloaks

apply to cloak

village swag

this is an easy yes, i'll buy you some wine when you finish.

thanks.

• Like 9

+1 It's an easy yes from me. I'd love to design a village logo.

Fantastic idea, could very easily be handled in game as well with only a dozen or so symbols to choose from. 

Would also give the opportunity down the road for village journals that reward new symbols

Keeps them similar enough not to devalue the pmks, but different enough to be fun

• Like 1

+1

Probably the original intention of pmk art it wasn't pure sell value of the pmk items but to distinct the pmk's as unique. So it doesn't matter if it going to "devalue" this kind of stuff

It could be done the same with the villages and will be popular.

+1 

Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah. I want it, and on banners. God, how beautifully it will be possible to decorate a camping stall and at home.

• Like 1

+1 For limiting PMK art to PVP is sadness, change those to Villages with Kingdom default or as has been suggested before new item versions that are customizable.

• Like 1

+1

yet i'd like to offer a bit extended manner in how we attain components of  emblems. 

I'd like to see a Social mechanic in the game.  One that is missing whereby based on achievements accomplished in said social category, you get an expanded title in game that is ranking order.  idea being peasant, serf,  squire...lord, baron, marquis.   to include corresponding title for opposite gender.  with these titles comes privileges. 

along the route of said social achievements you gain additional ability aspects to village and possibly alliance emblems.  Idea being to achieve ability to use full range of village emblems you must partake in aspects to the game in the social realm not only to more fully experience wurm but to enhance wurm community by having social interaction happen more often and in many more places. 

perhaps this is where an inn becomes more viable component or needed feature.  Hosting dinners, going on group hunt for pheasant.  Contribute 1k grain crop to the king's envoy, a new npc in the starter villages with mule cart piled with grain stalks.  Bring king's envoy 20 pig roasts for the Harvest Festival.  friend 20 players on your server.  Bring 40 cloth squares and 10kg of leather to 3 "needy" villages, host party to include 10 other villages and serve spirits and wine.  you get the idea.  some coding of trigger string questing needed.

I'd like emblems to be able to show on boat sails as well.

WE could use either rift points or loyalty points or even real money to make our own.