Sign in to follow this  
Gwiz

Blessed Lamps?

When I was brand new to this game, some nice, thoughtful Wurmian blessed some lamps I had made and I've since made quite a few other lamps that are not blessed.

What is the best/easiest/fastest way to determine which lamps are blessed and which are not?

examine them? the blessed ones should have a "it emits a benevolent aura" type of message if i remember right.

17 minutes ago, Tpikol said:

examine them? the blessed ones should have a "it emits a benevolent aura" type of message if i remember right.

I have two that I'm sure are blessed. They are off-deed, on a paved highway, turn themselves on and off and haven't needed fuel or taken damage in months. Examining them doesn't give any sort of different message.

6 minutes ago, Gwiz said:

I have two that I'm sure are blessed. They are off-deed, on a paved highway, turn themselves on and off and haven't needed fuel or taken damage in months. Examining them doesn't give any sort of different message.

The description for a blessed and un-blessed lamp are exactly the same except for the last sentence. Like Tpikol said, it should say something like “It emits a strange aura” at the end of the description if it is blessed.

11 minutes ago, Lovelie said:

The description for a blessed and un-blessed lamp are exactly the same except for the last sentence. Like Tpikol said, it should say something like “It emits a strange aura” at the end of the description if it is blessed.

Hmm. This is the messages from one of the two lamps I just mentioned:

[09:29:27] A decorative lamp head on a wooden post. The lamp has been firmly secured to the ground by Gwiz. You can barely make out the signature of its maker, '.wi.'. Ql: 20.2801, Dam: 0.0.

[09:29:27]  It could be improved with a lump.

Edited by Gwiz

I think you need over 20 faith to see a message at all. Then between 20 and 30 you can see that it has an aura ("interesting aura"), between 30 and 40 you can see if it's Libilia ("malevolent aura") or one of the other gods ("benevolent aura"), and over 40 faith you can see exactly what god's involved ("aura of <god>").

• Like 1
  • Cat 1

1 minute ago, Lisimba said:

I think you need over 20 faith to see a message at all. Then between 20 and 30 you can see that it has an aura ("interesting aura"), between 30 and 40 you can see if it's Libilia ("malevolent aura") or one of the other gods ("benevolent aura"), and over 40 faith you can see exactly what god's involved ("aura of <god>").

Ok. Now this is helpful info.  I currently have 0 faith because I haven't converted yet.  (Any Fo follwers on Exodus willing to convert me? Have statue, will travel.)

So back to my original question... what is the best way for a 0 faith toon to tell blessed lamps and regular lamps apart?  I'm guessing put lamps on a piece of pavement off-deed and see if they turn  them selves on and off.

Ask a friend with enough faith to check them out.

• Like 1