Sign in to follow this  
Atndy

Really need a quicker way to empty pans.

Possibly a way to toggle all types in a container with a simple hold alt click. (Say you are filling meals basically alt click on the first meal and it will select all meals in the container, tea leaves, coffee beans etc)

Another suggestion would be an unload on the oven (Kinda like unequiping horses) That would take all the finished products and dump them on the ground. 

I don't mind panfilling but cleaning out the finished product just about breaks my pinky holding down the control key. 

• Like 4

I've heard of using a pen full of many pigs with the "constantly hungry" trait as a solution to this, though I've had mixed results trying to get animals to eat out of cooking containers dropped on the ground. They will consistently eat out of buckets, but any other unlockable container has been hit-and-miss with this over time. Overcrowding the pigs reportedly isn't a problem for this purpose, as diseased pigs with that negative trait seem to turn into perpetual eating machines.

Edited by Avaxas

30 minutes ago, Avaxas said:

I've heard of using a pen full of many pigs with the "constantly hungry" trait as a solution to this, though I've had mixed results trying to get animals to eat out of cooking containers dropped on the ground. They will consistently eat out of buckets, but any other unlockable container has been hit-and-miss with this over time. Reportedly overcrowding the pigs is not a problem for this purpose, as diseased pigs with that negative trait seem to turn into perpetual eating machines.

I enjoy your thinking outside the box but animals won't eat out of ovens and when I'm doing 10k pans at a time it's not viable.

I don't think there really needs to be a solution to this.  Emptying the pan is simply part of the grind

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Sinnjinn said:

I don't think there really needs to be a solution to this.  Emptying the pan is simply part of the grind

It is part of the panfilling grind, but it is also kinda a pain when just cooking for fun or to have a batch of meals. And the grind is what it is largely because of user interface limitations. Functionality like "select everything of this type in this container, no matter where in subcontainers it is" would be useful in other cases too, for example when having to sort out a dozen satchels of loot after coming back from a hunting trip. If that makes panfililng easier too then that's fine for me.